We're on Wikipedia!

Whispered

Not everyone sees it, some people have seen it but then it disappeared. While others still see it. I don't know. They didn't take it off to some people but to others they did, so confused.
That's a caching issue - anyone who visited it while it was on the page may have the old page (with the sentence) in their "cache" - the browser stores it so that next time it loads faster.

Clearing their cache will remove it.

This is an illegal emulation of a game owned by Disney, that's why lol
Wikipedia's articles on retro game emulators usually allude to ROMs, which are illegal in most cases. This isn't why it's not Wikipedia material.

But it's not an illegal emulation? As long as no one is making money off of the title that Disney has it copyrighted under, it is a perfectly legal rendition.
It's totally illegal. I don't expect to see it become legal, because copyright lasts that long in the US.

I'd say it's pushing the boundaries of "Fair use" but its definitely not making any money. Disney has no reason to complain unless they just want to be cruel.
There are fair use arguments that could work (it could be passed off as archival), but given the game's execution, these are stretchy. I do agree that Disney is unlikely to pursue any kind of legal action, because the game does very minimal damage to Disney. Taking MyVMK down would do far, far more harm.

i see this sentence at the end of the "closing" section:

"Currently a private server is being hosted by a group of developers, which named the server MyVMK."

and as for Disney intervening... if they think that myVMK isnt living up to their reputation, i think they may step in...

I've thought about this, and I feel like Disney would've intervened by now if they felt it was an issue. It's not like it's happening in secret, or just started; I'm sure someone knows, since it's been up for months. I just don't see why it's important enough for them to care. It would take someone being cruel for the sake of being cruel to shut it down.

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
I've thought about this, and I feel like Disney would've intervened by now if they felt it was an issue. It's not like it's happening in secret, or just started; I'm sure someone knows, since it's been up for months. I just don't see why it's important enough for them to care. It would take someone being cruel for the sake of being cruel to shut it down.
A long time friend of mine has a cousin at WDI and apparently Disney wasn't happy about openVMK, and is even more unhappy with myVMK. However, who knows what they're strategy is. For all we know, they could've already contacted Amy.

A long time friend of mine has a cousin at WDI and apparently Disney wasn't happy about openVMK, and is even more unhappy with myVMK. However, who knows what they're strategy is. For all we know, they could've already contacted Amy.
Ugh, really? Do you happen to know if this was recent or more around the beginning? It'd be really upsetting if they were to shut it down. I don't see any harm being done, particularly since there's no money being made, nor does it portray Disney in a negative light.

A long time friend of mine has a cousin at WDI and apparently Disney wasn't happy about openVMK, and is even more unhappy with myVMK. However, who knows what they're strategy is.
While I question the idea that a WDI employee would be too in-the-know about Disney Interactive's legal goings-on, I imagine that this is the sentiment in the company.

My guess:
They're not happy about it precisely because they're between a rock and a hard place. Five and a half years after the game shut down, a fan community ran the game that Disney would no longer keep open. That shows that this is a dedicated fanbase, and that Disney didn't recognize what they had; Disney looks bad, and as MyVMK grows, more people will think that Disney made a mistake.
Should Disney prevent the game from growing, they hit an even bigger problem: a potentially huge PR nightmare. Shut down MyVMK, and people will hit the press. They tell the story I just told: these fans are more willing to run this game than Disney is, and Disney took the game away from them again. If that hits enough news outlets, Disney looks like a bully.

I'm sure that Disney has considered all this. This company is very particular about its IP, and they are legally in the right. By all means, they could have had this game closed months ago, but they didn't do it. They have little to gain by closing this game, and so much more to lose if they take it down. Disney hasn't moved, and I don't believe they have intentions to do so.

Ugh, really? Do you happen to know if this was recent or more around the beginning? It'd be really upsetting if they were to shut it down. I don't see any harm being done, particularly since there's no money being made, nor does it portray Disney in a negative light.
Some harm can be done. Moderation has been pretty decent in my experience, but if something really bad goes down, things can go sour quick. While this community is small and largely aware that this game is fan-made, this fact is merely a footnote on the main site. Some people might be under the impression that this is a Disney-licensed game, and this handful of people might develop a negative impression of Disney through MyVMK if something gets messed up.

The good news for Disney is that game is still tiny. If there's a mishap on MyVMK's part, few will know. Honestly, I think Disney is out of options on this front. They're cornered as far as shutting the game down goes. I'm not entirely sure that they could coerce Amy to place a giant disclaimer on the site's homepage saying that this is a fan-made game made without Disney's approval. The problem that Disney has if they do that is that they essentially recognize the game's existence, and practically endorse the game. It's giving someone else major leverage on their IP, and that's not a good thing. The third option is for Disney to open its own competition, which could get costly very quickly.