What are you doing Disney?

philitup

The Internet Champion!
This this great article I saw yesterday, and it tells you just how bad of an idea the whole FastPass Plus thing has been. http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorize...cting-wait-times-at-disney-world-attractions/

The wait times have only gotten worse by themselves without the FPP. Oh, and whatever happened to the third magic hour? It's funny to me how after 2013 Disney was named the company of the year by Yahoo (And many others) and now they're starting to make me a little angry. And BTW no, I do not think an Avatar world is a very good idea, so you can pretty much stop that thought process.

I could have told you months ago that FP+ was a terrible idea.

Haunted Mansion had FastPass. They dropped it. Know why? Because it's impractical as heck and lowers actual ride capacity. Omnimovers were not designed for FastPass, and they cannot be retrofitted for FastPass. Same goes for almost every single attraction there is.

Those new median times are scary, and it'll be interesting to see what kind of effect this has in the more crowded seasons of the year.

Bird

MyVMKPal Webmaster Dev
Wait times double due to increased park attendance. FP+ is a wonderful thing for magic band users. Although i do agree that during peak park days, the lines for the FP+ are ungodly long.

In my opinion, they need to keep the FP+ system available only to hotel guests and annual pass members. That way they keep the use of it down, and promote hotel stays by promising easier ride attendance.

philitup

The Internet Champion!
Wait times double due to increased park attendance. FP+ is a wonderful thing for magic band users. Although i do agree that during peak park days, the lines for the FP+ are ungodly long.

In my opinion, they need to keep the FP+ system available only to hotel guests and annual pass members. That way they keep the use of it down, and promote hotel stays by promising easier ride attendance.
But how could have they doubled within the past year? That's very fast. FP Plus has something to do with it.

I agree that Avatar area isn't something I'm exited about, but honestly? I like the new Fastpass+. I was just there this week, and yes, lines got long (especially at the Magic Kingdom), but overall, I got to do everything and it felt less troublesome than not having the new system. I rode plenty without it, and the wait was bearable. It didn't seem like a huge spike in time to me. It felt more efficient.

Zoey

No guest wants to waste more time in ride lines at the park, and i know i wouldn't. And tbh i'm not really sure how to feel about this fastpass situation. There's some things I don't like. When we went to Animal Kingdom we had the fastpass but every single time we showed our pass we had to sign some paper and wait a certain amount of time. After that we come back, show our pass again they look at the paper and let us in the fast line. Seriously it was complicated and a bit waste of time. Or maybe it's because we were new to the whole thing and we had to get used to it.

I heard on the radio a while back about Disney parks having issues with people bringing the handicapped along with them and that had something to do with the fastpasses, like they get free passes if they bring them? I don't really remember. But the man on the radio said that Disney was going to fix the whole thing. Really if they're having fun at the theme park that's what counts.. I don't really like the system either but it's all about enjoying our time making fun memories.

philitup

The Internet Champion!
I agree that Avatar area isn't something I'm exited about, but honestly? I like the new Fastpass+. I was just there this week, and yes, lines got long (especially at the Magic Kingdom), but overall, I got to do everything and it felt less troublesome than not having the new system. I rode plenty without it, and the wait was bearable. It didn't seem like a huge spike in time to me. It felt more efficient.
Well I'm glad you had fun. And personally I haven't been there yet, so I'm not saying my opinion wouldn't change.