What do you accomplish in your computer class?

AP computer science was the bane of my existence.. We focused on java and worked with gridworld

Navii

Just touched base with the basic Microsoft programs. Other than that, we all played Minecraft like it was a LAN party.

Back when I took computer programming in high school I played Diablo the whole semester, completely destroyed one of our computers, and still passed with a 97%.
LOL

Bird

MyVMKPal Webmaster Dev
Most of what I learned in my classes i don't remember. But i wish they taught Active Directory and Group Policy management. That would have been helpful

My AP Computer Science in HS consisted of reading the Blue Pelican Java textbook, coding in eclipse, and working with Gridworld. Nothing Amazing.

Honestly, the best learning comes from sitting down at a computer and testing things. Would suggest this over an AP CompSci class any day.

Fiyero

My AP Computer Science in HS consisted of reading the Blue Pelican Java textbook, coding in eclipse, and working with Gridworld. Nothing Amazing.

Honestly, the best learning comes from sitting down at a computer and testing things. Would suggest this over an AP CompSci class any day.
Can confirm. Trying to break things and build things up is the best and most fun way to learn how to program

Can confirm. Trying to break things and build things up is the best and most fun way to learn how to program
I can double confirm this. It's how I learned as well. Reading this stuff doesn't help me.

Fiyero

I can double confirm this. It's how I learned as well. Reading this stuff doesn't help me.
Right? I don't understand how anyone can learn any programming just through reading or watching someone else doing it. I tried that in my Intro class and failed miserably. Then I actually started messing with code of open source projects and the like and BAM! it all came to me.

I went to vocational school halfway through high school and all we really did was build computers, make a couple small-time video games, prepare for comptia certs, and loooooooots of TF2 and Terraria.

Bird

MyVMKPal Webmaster Dev
In my programming classes I helped struggling students while I worked ahead. I usually finish the classes a month in advance. For my pc repair classes I just played Homefront while the teacher lectures while I wait for the in class projects every week. All hard tech classes I take are all online.