What has VMK done for you?

After VMK closed how did it affect your life? How did it change your life?
VMK changed my life drastically, tbh. I met people on there and kept in-contact with them ever since.
Now they are honestly the only friends I have, and I kind of like it that way. They are amazing, and now that VMK has come back I have met more amazing people as well.

VMK also gave me a beard.

To think about it.... I wouldn't be skyping with MANY of the friends I talk with today. It started with me being sad, so I decided to try out a game called Roblox. It went on till early 2010 when I went to a "OBC" stream, ("" = Their 100 dollar premium membership bull- but you could get in via exploits even if you weren't part of the group) where I followed a link to see one of the devs cuss and it turned out to be a dev project ran by this guy whose friend spammed the link. The site blew up with visitors and I became an administrator for it, and befriended lots of people. One of them suggested skype, so we all joined it, and played Minecraft (We had just found out about it) together. This kept our bonds strong when the site shutdown late 2011 and we all stayed connected via Skype. Most of those friendships are still strong today, and I'm even talking to one of my friends planning to watch a movie on a Garry's Mod cinema server later tonight.

It's hard to gauge where I'd be now if the past was different, but I definitely wouldn't have such a great group of friends today. :D