What is the deal?

I have seen many great offers on the trading forum for a few weeks without being touched by other users. What's the deal? Are people not trading high value items anymore?
If someone does respond, they always ask for more, even if the offer is already an over-offer.

Everything has been pretty stagnant lately. I just think a lot of old members are leaving, without trading out their items, so high value items are beginning to disappear.
I can agree with that but I also think that people are looking to get too much out of their items.

MamaNutty

Only time ppl value any items high are when they are trading them... If they are offering.. They offer you squat.
I have not seen ultra rares trade this cheap in a long time..
Pink Flips..12 fires
Stitch Hat..39 fires
Minnie..15 fires

Also players buying this virtual stuff then trading it in game ruins the fun!

Exodus

If one is willing to pay too much for an item... Apparently that one trade sets an example and an ideal offer for future trades of that particular item. Let's take a look at the recent uprise of castle suite furniture trades. Apparently it's up there with pink flip flops and Minnie hats because such was paid for the furniture sets and now people with the castle suites furnitures are now valuing them that high. I think that's ridiculous because there are certain market value manipulators on this game... But you can also attempt to bring the price down by doing a little homework and just refraining from offering or paying that high as a community. There are also those who have caved in and impulse bought the dream suite furnitures at a high price attempting to resell them at a higher price for profit, just no. It's the community creating this chain by taking advantage of these one or two insane trades by trying to join in themselves and selling at high prices when the demand for them hasn't even been properly known.

As for some of the ultra rares and their recently very cheap sell prices... That is exactly due to the community refraining from buying those items priced at their old sell price which brought down their sell price from owners who just want to get rid of them. I don't get why people don't do that for every ultra rare... People in this community are really picky and inconsistent.

If one is willing to pay too much for an item... Apparently that one trade sets an example and an ideal offer for future trades of that particular item. Let's take a look at the recent uprise of castle suite furniture trades. Apparently it's up there with pink flip flops and Minnie hats because such was paid for the furniture sets and now people with the castle suites furnitures are now valuing them that high. I think that's ridiculous because there are certain market value manipulators on this game... But you can also attempt to bring the price down by doing a little homework and just refraining from offering or paying that high as a community. There are also those who have caved in and impulse bought the dream suite furnitures at a high price attempting to resell them at a higher price for profit, just no. It's the community creating this chain by taking advantage of these one or two insane trades by trying to join in themselves and selling at high prices when the demand for them hasn't even been properly known.

As for some of the ultra rares and their recently very cheap sell prices... That is exactly due to the community refraining from buying those items priced at their old sell price which brought down their sell price from owners who just want to get rid of them. I don't get why people don't do that for every ultra rare... People in this community are really picky and inconsistent.
Post of the flippin century.

It is a bit humorous when you see these people who obviously know the values of certain items but offer ridiculously low amounts to others.
Maybe because I'm newer people think I don't know values? Lol pretty simple to learn.

This game really does have a hierarchy in regards to super rare items. One group has a monopoly over the trading system.
I generally just avoid trading with these people unless they're willing to actually be realistic with me.
I can't count the number of times people like that have made snotty remarks to me when I'm trying to do a well-balanced trade, telling me my values are far off or sarcastically saying "good luck with that, lol"
or when offering on my item, try to tell me it's a balanced trade when they're clearly under-offering.

I didn't really expect this game to be like that, but it is what it is. Just know your values and don't let anyone push you around.

EVOL

http://i60.tinypic.com/20
It is a bit humorous when you see these people who obviously know the values of certain items but offer ridiculously low amounts to others.
Maybe because I'm newer people think I don't know values? Lol pretty simple to learn.

This game really does have a hierarchy in regards to super rare items. One group has a monopoly over the trading system.
I generally just avoid trading with these people unless they're willing to actually be realistic with me.
I can't count the number of times people like that have made snotty remarks to me when I'm trying to do a well-balanced trade, telling me my values are far off or sarcastically saying "good luck with that, lol"
or when offering on my item, try to tell me it's a balanced trade when they're clearly under-offering.

I didn't really expect this game to be like that, but it is what it is. Just know your values and don't let anyone push you around.
i can name i few of these ppl honestly. one in particular. i know that they know value but will ask for more. or when offering on an item offer less than the value.

For the most part I have found trading to be pretty simple and easy on the forum. I have noticed a group who will ask for more than what I think is the correct price for an item... or maybe they just 'value' the item more than I do. I'm a collector of things... not a trader per se. I enjoy having at least one of every item in the game. Because of this, I can be patient to acquire those items.

What I love are unrequested advice notes in your direct message box about how you are low balling or high balling an item. I figure if I offer something and the person accepts or says 'nah', then who cares. The transation is between me and the other person. There will always be someone, at some time, who is willing to give up xxxx for yyyy if paid zzzz. Just like the group above asks more for the items they are offering, sometimes I value that item less or more depending on my personal taste. I do not need help trading... and especially unrequested advice.

Only thing that really does make me mad is when someone offers for something you have, promises to trade on xx day, then fails to actually go through with the trade. I do not see any means of getting this corrected, even though the person has also promised and fallen through with another trade as well. I wish there was a means of reporting xxx person for promising (and promising and promising and promising x7 days) yet not delivering. (off topic sorry)