What makes your school unique?

Whispered

So, it doesn't really have to be "unique", but something that your school has/does that not every school does. Or more than one something.

My school has a coffee shop in the cafeteria, and their coffee is arguably just as good as Starbucks e.e

Whispered

*packs bags* I'M JOINING YOUR SCHOOL
did i mention there's a gun scare at least once a year, multiple police dogs on campus/in parking lots almost every day, and the bathrooms are in the worst parts of the building such that you can't hardly use it without being 10 minutes late to the class. Oh, and there's 15 portables after the school's only been open this its 4th year. Much planning school district.

so, it doesn't really have to be "unique", but something that your school has/does that not every school does. Or more than one something.

My school has a coffee shop in the cafeteria, and their coffee is arguably just as good as starbucks e.e
*packs bags* i'm joining your school
Hold up! I AM RIGHT BEHIND YOU.

Jasmine

Technically speaking, it can be considered an MMO ^_^

I'm almost certain my school is secretly communist.
For one, the entire school is painted red - the mascot isn't even a real mascot, we literally have "the Crimsons" for everything, a team name which is only outdone by another nearby school's "Fighting Pretzels".
Second, I happened across a whole bunch of yearbooks from 1980 in one of the storage rooms, and as it turns out, the school used to have an ice hockey team called the Fighting Russians. During the Cold War when America hated Russia.
Third: this one is more of my personal opinion, I guess, but the marching band uniforms back a few years before I got to the school were really fancy and attractive, with big cavalier-esque hats and shiny, bright-colored vests - the sort of uniform that just screamed "American style" to me. Then, for no reason, they recently made a complete switch to uncomfortable, almost military-style uniforms, with black shako helmets and everything all stuffy and awkward. Out of absolutely nowhere the fashion went from "pseudo-American patriotic" to "military European". Even if it's just in my head... I'm not the only one who agrees the change was pointless.

So yeah. I'm sticking with the idea that my school is secretly run by disgruntled proletariat agents. Doesn't really help that all of the highest-ranked graduating students last year (who happen to be my personal circle of close friends) all heavily prefer communist ideology over most forms of government. Clearly they've been converted.

Snaps

mischief managed
my college is 4 blocks away from central park and we sometimes have class over there and once we took a field trip to chinatown.
we have a starbucks on the first floor too lol.

PIGGIESARECOOL

my school is close to Turner Field. by close, i mean walking distance
YOU LIVE IN ATLANTA?!?!? ME TOOO OMGGGG :O
-----------------
my school is 2 times state champs for football and we are just all really proud cause this year, we beat our rivals...
ya...idek whats great about my school .0.

My high school had the most championships won in the Bronx and probably all of NYC and NY state. I was a starter on a team that won three, close to four in two years.

YOU LIVE IN ATLANTA?!?!? ME TOOO OMGGGG :O
-----------------
my school is 2 times state champs for football and we are just all really proud cause this year, we beat our rivals...
ya...idek whats great about my school .0.
hahaha omg than you probably know where i go lol

Gazehound

adventureland enthusiast
I'm not in school right now, but my high school was pretty cool compared to the average one

it's an arts school, everyone has a major such as dance or songwriting or drawing & painting. there are 8 class periods total, 4 per day, so our classes were a lot longer than the ones at other schools in the district. most of the teachers are called by their first names, you can eat in class, you don't have to ask to go to the bathroom...(those were pretty big deals to me when I first started going there, I was used to really strict staff)
there were students from several different districts, so u could make friends who live in different cities

the teachers were almost always really respectful of the students and the students were respectful in return, so there was a really good atmosphere...and almost everyone is a weird art kid so it was easy to make friends and there weren't really cliques to deal with

we had showcase once a month, which is p much an arts-only talent show. lots of bands/solo artists at that school, so local shows where they play are a major outside-of-school social gathering place.
and the campus is spread out across the downtown area sort of like a college, so you could go to any restaurant for lunch, and you had to walk a couple blocks or take public transit to get from building to building, and it was VERY easy to skip class and go hang out somewhere in the city, lol

by the time I graduated I felt really stressed out and bitter but I guess that happens at every high school. now that I don't go there anymore I really do miss the atmosphere a lot. there are so many cool things about that school. glad I had that opportunity

Whispered

I'm not in school right now, but my high school was pretty cool compared to the average one

it's an arts school, everyone has a major such as dance or songwriting or drawing & painting. there are 8 class periods total, 4 per day, so our classes were a lot longer than the ones at other schools in the district. most of the teachers are called by their first names, you can eat in class, you don't have to ask to go to the bathroom...(those were pretty big deals to me when I first started going there, I was used to really strict staff)
there were students from several different districts, so u could make friends who live in different cities

the teachers were almost always really respectful of the students and the students were respectful in return, so there was a really good atmosphere...and almost everyone is a weird art kid so it was easy to make friends and there weren't really cliques to deal with

we had showcase once a month, which is p much an arts-only talent show. lots of bands/solo artists at that school, so local shows where they play are a major outside-of-school social gathering place.
and the campus is spread out across the downtown area sort of like a college, so you could go to any restaurant for lunch, and you had to walk a couple blocks or take public transit to get from building to building, and it was VERY easy to skip class and go hang out somewhere in the city, lol

by the time I graduated I felt really stressed out and bitter but I guess that happens at every high school. now that I don't go there anymore I really do miss the atmosphere a lot. there are so many cool things about that school. glad I had that opportunity
That sound so cool.. I know our district was supposed to be trying to move toward more of the magnet (or as they call them "academy") schools - one school per subject (for example one Health Science school, one arts school, etc). They never did though. It made me sad, as some of the other cities in TX have amazing Health Science programs (South Texas HSHP, Health Careers HS in San Antonio, etc.) that are a lot better than what we have lol.