What should I do about my stolen bookbag??

allison

Ok so on Friday, I had to be at school for band, so I drove my car up there with my bookbag in it. I left the bookbag in the car and I left the car unlocked (which I realize was REALLY stupid, please don't yell at me for it). I left it there for about 6 hours. When I get home, I realize that the bookbag was not in it.
The bookbag had a 150 dollar calculator in it, as well as a math textbook which is the property of my school. Should I file a police report? Would that help? I just really don't know what to do from here. All answers are greatly appreciated. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess I'll start off with the traditional "are you SURE you left it in your car?". Make sure you're 100 percent positive you left it in your car. If you aren't 100 percent sure, I'd look in your house or wherever you sleep. Then, I'd avoid telling any parental authorities in your life.. Obviously, this is something that could potentially stress you out and you don't need your parents making it worse!
Once the two preliminary tasks are completed, I'd ask around school. Ask your buddies if they've seen it. Finally, I'd file a police report. Calculators are a high theft item..
Was anything else missing from the car?

PIGGIESARECOOL

i would contact ur school administrators so they can help look for it.

like at my school, if u lose ur phone or if u think it got stolen, you go to the administrators and they can help find it by looking at the security cameras. :thumbsup:

allison

Thanks guys! I did file a police report. There are cameras in some of our parking lots, so hopefully there was one in the parking lot that I parked my car in. Nothing else was taken.

what a bummer! we had a kid who would steal idevices out of people's bookbags during lunch breaks, and another who would go through the wallets in the lost and found during his office assistant period and take the money out. not cool!

i hope you find your belongings.

Elle

Gosh. I wonder how much of an idiot that person must have felt when they open it and realize it's math stuff in there, lol. It still always sucks when things are stolen no matter what they are. Happened to me in high school and I hated the thief so much lol

I agree with the comments.. File the police report and make sure you're there to see the camera footage if it's possible. They allowed a dance team who came all the way from chicago to perform at our school to look at the footage (and some professors to see if they recognized anyone) because someone had gone in their dressing room and stole all their credit cards and phones. :( so sad.
I hope you find it soon!

randall

i scare because i care
jokes on you for having your bookbag stolen. jokes on them for getting nerdy stuff in the bookbag

i didn't intend on that being mean so don't jump down my throat. hope you find it

allison

Thank you everyone!! The thing is with these kinda of things, I'm almost embarrassed because I don't want the whole school knowing I got my bookbag taken from me, if that makes any sense at all lol. I'm worried because I'm not sure how much I'll have to pay to replace the stolen textbooks as textbooks are pretty expensive.