When I Log in in with launch ( legacy, not recommended )

Thunder

When I Log in with ( legacy, not recommended ) All i get is a black screen, it was fine yesterday. I have to go on with that login to play JUNGLE CRUISE... I am using FIREFOX if I use Google Chrome I get this message...........The client and server don't support a common SSL protocol version or cipher suite. This is likely to be caused when the server needs RC4, which is no longer considered secure.

Last edited:

airham

I'm having the same problem. Legacy client never worked on chrome, so that's nothing new.

I'm not sure whether shockwave pushed an update that is messing things up, but assuming the legacy client is still theoretically able to access the game, that seems like the most likely culprit. In the meantime, you can try using the "Download (Windows - No Shockwave Required)." There are a lot of problems with it. It doesn't seem to run quite as smoothly as the other old client and some pop up messages are blank and unclose-able (meaning you have to restart the client any time you get an inactivity warning), but it should at least give you jungle cruise access.

Amy

Head Administrator
I'm having the same problem. Legacy client never worked on chrome, so that's nothing new.

I'm not sure whether shockwave pushed an update that is messing things up, but assuming the legacy client is still theoretically able to access the game, that seems like the most likely culprit. In the meantime, you can try using the "Download (Windows - No Shockwave Required)." There are a lot of problems with it. It doesn't seem to run quite as smoothly as the other old client and some pop up messages are blank and unclose-able (meaning you have to restart the client any time you get an inactivity warning), but it should at least give you jungle cruise access.
What's changed things for the old client is me enabling SSL across MyVMK. Shockwave doesn't like it. I decided enough was enough and enabled it. Only way to play on the old client properly now is using the downloadable options or MyVMKPal, as I added exceptions to the HTTP->HTTPS redirect rule for those. I'm going to remove the enter legacy button later tonight.

airham

Well I guess I can stop messing around with old versions of shockwave and firefox. Thanks for the update. MyVMKPal isn't working for me, either, though (on PC). I've tried clearing the cache and re-installing and I'm still just getting a black screen.