Where are all my Cast Members at??

rfsoaring

ThunderCat for life
Are you a Cast Member or have you been one in the past?
Me too! Let's be friends and share crazy/magical/funny/horror stories!

I've done 2 College Programs at WDW in QSFB in DHS and Attractions in MK at Big Thunder Mountain.

pjasmine

Former WDW cast here- worked Space Mountain in MK and Main Street East Merch as well as FastPass+ Opening team :)

pjasmine

How did you like Space? I think that's the one other roller coaster that I would have really liked to work at if I hadn't been at Thunder
Well, I worked there in 2007 and she was a cranky beast but I loved it!!! I always loved hearing the break down spiel and running track :) Met my husband there too so, not all bad :) How'd you like merge? I HATED merge and I always thought Thunders looked horrible to work. :/

rfsoaring

ThunderCat for life
I have our break down spiel as a ringtone I loved to hear it so much! EVACing is seriously the best!
Merge was interesting. I didn't love it but I didn't hate it either. The worst thing was the interactive queue because people would stay there forever and make gaps in the line. We had to task people sometimes just to stand there and keep the line moving. Our absolute worst position was grouper on the side where we let in the wheelchair parties. It is just a hot mess.

pjasmine

oh have mercy I do NOT miss the 104s.... let me tell you lol I have Spaces breakdown as a ringtone as well lol!!
We had merge a (right track) and b (left track)... OMG seriously? I was actually bitten by a guest and pushed over the chain at Merge b and the best part was the manager was in tower and watched it all go down... did nothing. :sigh:
Grouper looks like a hot mess at that ride no matter what because i have come to realize some guests either cant count nor take direction. :sigh: I always LOVED grouper cos I was able to be a little mean.. "party of two? row 3 and 4 please" "uh, we want to go on the same car...." "you are- the cars hold 6 guests" "hah no you dont understand that is separated by a bar so... thats not the same car" i really wanted to just poke people in the eye. Id make them wait another car and sit in the back. I have a 4 hour wait... i dont need your shenanigans!!!! and have mercy with the tour groups. you see a flag and a part of you dies...

rfsoaring

ThunderCat for life
Omg we would literally call from greeter to warn them about tour groups so everyone could prepare!

And you are right, grouper is a hot mess there 100% of the time. It's the only position I truly hated and the only position I've ever had to leave to calm down before I killed someone or just burst into tears. We have to lead people back and then load 1-3 people. No more than three per row, so families get so mad when they're in separate rows or especially cars. For the most part I would point to them and then the row and say "2 here" and walk away before they could say anything else but sometimes people would really fight you. One girl I worked with had a family that was irritated they had to separate from their group with a wheelchair (because we could only take parties of 9 or less through WC at a time) and said they were trying to have a nice vacation after a grandma died or something and we were ruining it. So the CM tried to relate to them and told them her dad had died about 3 years ago and they looked her in the eye and told her she deserved it. Needless to say she got about a 2 hour break and my coordinator came down and ripped them a new ************** and basically told them if she ever saw them on Thunder again she would have them removed and black listed.

Merge I had a love hate with because sometimes I really enjoyed it and sometimes it was just awful. Once I grew a thick skin it became a lot more fun. I was screamed at, cussed out, I had to follow multiple groups through the queue to kick them out for trying to sneak in a stroller or a baby or cut the line to "find their friends". I had one lady actually tell her child in the standby line to poke me until I let them go, so every time that kid touched me I made them wait another 30 seconds. They got stuck there for a solid extra 10-12 minutes.

Oh I also got flashed by an old man once because I told him he had to button his sweater up or put a shirt on to ride and he pretended he didn't understand me and then pulled his sweater down his shoulders and shook his boobs at me. Always a good time at merge lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rfsoaring

ThunderCat for life
Of course you can join the club! Welcome!

And you're right, I mean there are definitely some crazy, rude, horrible guests out there but there are also amazing ones that can really make your day and leave an impact on your life. And you get the chance to meet so many people from all around the world and work with them. It's definitely worth it all in the end and I wouldn't trade my year with company for anything!

I'm really hoping to get a job at the Disney Store when I move in the next few months so I can continue the magic!

pjasmine

I'm not sure if this counts and I can join the club, but I'll share anyway. :P

My two older sisters (they're no longer with the company and one is a traitor and works at Universal now. WWOHP, no less) did their CPs in DtD merch and the MS Confectionery-- one sis also worked at BBB,
Firstly- welcome to the club! Second- I did confectionery! (MSE) lol once you got Kitchen trained you did not leave!! i was unsure why I even HAD a brown costume lol I still hate krispys ...and deco heads. UGH! lol if they worked there in 2012 i prob worked with them :D if not we know the same crew lol jose and the morning girls have been there for about 15+ years...i personally would die i think lol

Dude working at Disney you get horror stories most of the time but its the rare and sweet stories that keep you going to work again and again. I worked to Uni as well - I did pass sales- it was AWESOME lol

You most definitely grow a thick skin working there... rather quick too. I do miss it but then again I dont.. ill stick to my AP for right now lol :)

rfsoaring

ThunderCat for life
Yeah I miss it all the time. One of our CPs from the fall (I was fall advantage so I started in the summer) is still there and she keeps updated on what's happening around the mountain on our Facebook page.
It never fails that when I'm feeling particularly nostalgic about it and wish I could go back and work in the parks again she tells us a story about how a grown man had a Code H in the queue today or something and I decide home is a good place to be lol.

VampireBoy

I am actually not a cast member just yet but near the end of this summer I will actually be applying for a job at Disney World as a ride attendant so wish me luck and I am so excited to be a Disney cast member and reading about how much fun you guys had as being one makes me want the job even more.

rfsoaring

ThunderCat for life
I am actually not a cast member just yet but near the end of this summer I will actually be applying for a job at Disney World as a ride attendant so wish me luck and I am so excited to be a Disney cast member and reading about how much fun you guys had as being one makes me want the job even more.
Yay!!! Good luck!! Apply for all the jobs! Then you can always transfer from within to whatever you want after 3-6 months!

pjasmine

Woo! congrats! you will enjoy it :) you will make life long friends and so many memories. just remember to breath during the Holiday season :) i miss it dearly and when my daughter is older I will most likely go back :) I miss attractions :)

pjasmine

current cast member here. i used to work dinosaur at DAK but now i'm in performing
my hubby worked there :) hes overnight DAK utilities now and cleans the track so it brings back the memories lol :)

Ok, so for my fellow Cast Members or former Cast Members, what type of fun d0 you/did you have with your teammates?

Team-Outings.gif

This was my team having some fun on our lunch break. Obviously, this was before we ate lunch.