Which phone is better?

Neda

I'm about due for a phone upgrade and I'm not sure what phone to get.

I'm deciding between the iPhone 6 and the Galaxy S6 Edge and I can definitely see the pros and cons of each phone but I'm still unsure.
I'm use to Samsung phones and I do enjoy them but I'm thinking it's about time to step over the the iPhone side.(especially now that the phone is bigger-this is literally what kept me away from it in the past)

However, the iPhone doesn't seem like much to me at the same time? It looks nice but is it a good phone? And the Galaxy looks nice all around but is it worth the price?

Basically I just want to know if you have either phone and if you enjoy it and why.

Update: I ended up buying the Galaxy S6 because I figured what's the point of having an iPhone if they are just going to come out with 3-4 new ones by the time I'm due for another upgrade so that phone will end up being such a dinosaur lol.(I know Android does that too but not as often imo)

I really do like it and I thought it was pretty cool that it includes the iPhone emoji's so now I don't have to stick to the Android emoji's.
The camera is awesome, I like that it has a sensor in the back that lets you take selfies easier instead of having to press the button on the screen.
The camera also has this cool Virtual Shot feature so basically you can take 360 degree shots and view your photo that way so kind of like how E! has that 360 booth that celebrities take photos in to show their full outfit(and it still has Panorama and it now includes slow motion and fast motion)

There are a ton of cool features this phone has and I think I like it so much because I'm just use to Android and not really Apple, plus I figured if I really wanted iPhone features I could just buy an iPod Touch, iPad, etc. I think I just wanted an iPhone because everyone has one tbh but now I honestly don't care for the phones.

Last edited:
I own a iPhone 6 and the only thing I don't like about it is that customization is limited. The camera is really good though so that's a plus! My sister works for a phone company and she preferred the Galaxy 6 than the edge. (the edge seems to have a smaller screen due to the curvature.) Also, if you do want a bigger phone, the Samsung note 5 will be coming out soon and will have some really nice specs or if you were wanting to switch to IOS, the iPhone 6s will be coming out as well. At the end of the day we all have our own likings, but all the phones I have said are and should be good phones to choose from :)

Bird

MyVMKPal Webmaster Dev
In my opinion. iPhones are a more stable operating system. As a developer, the architecture and integrity of the OS is strong. But the coding for it is a hassle for the uninitiated. What I liked most about iPhones compared to android is the build quality, the metal just feels much more higher quality. Another great thing is consistency. All apps will work with your phone. Not just that, for protection, add another 100$ and you can be completely protected from anything your phone goes through and they will fix it, no questions asked.

TL;DR - Pick the iPhone 6 Plus

Otters

i love iphones personally
but if i had to get a phone other than an iphone, i would get the edge bc the quality is really nice tbh

I have the edge, and I like all the customization that you can do with it. The screen is pretty cool, and it has an awesome selfie feature and a really wide video/camera capture size.

If you already own a lot of apple products and are happy with iWhatevers, then pick the iPhone. If you have a lot of android stuff, go with the edge :)

MissMitzy

RIP Mitzy 7/21/15
I have the Galaxy s6 (with a lifeproof case because I'm clumsy!) and it has worked fantastically well for me! I love how I can customize it, and I love having google chrome on it, so all my searches are saved on my laptop as well (really helps for homework!). The camera is by far the best feature though, in my opinion.

In the end though, it really is personal preference. I have a 1st generation iTouch, and I wasn't a huge fan of the interface and the updates Apple went through, so I've stuck with android phones. Another thing to keep in mind, is some phone carriers do let you have a trial period with a phone. I think mine gave me 10 days to decide if I liked it or not. Not a ton of time, but something you might want to ask about when you go in.

Whispered

In my opinion. iPhones are a more stable operating system. As a developer, the architecture and integrity of the OS is strong. But the coding for it is a hassle for the uninitiated. What I liked most about iPhones compared to android is the build quality, the metal just feels much more higher quality. Another great thing is consistency. All apps will work with your phone. Not just that, for protection, add another 100$ and you can be completely protected from anything your phone goes through and they will fix it, no questions asked.

TL;DR - Pick the iPhone 6 Plus
if you're talking about apple care... i have 5 friends who tried to use it over the past year. all of them were denied, even though they should have been covered.

On a more helpful note, android is a more secure operating system. For one, there's antivirus software for it. For two, unlike Apple, the Android developers acknowledge issues when they're presented, instead of saying "it's not an issue" for 6 months, then finally fixing it later.

Galaxy all around. I have had quite a few and my system is always stable. My kids have i products and I HATE them. They are so user unfriendly it just annoys me. I am an android person all around.

taehunnie

Alright so for me, I think it all comes down to customization.

IPHONE
Iphone features very simple and easy platform for people who just want a phone that works really well. I have an Iphone right now and definitely can tell you that it took me like 5 minutes to figure out how to use the phone.

But in regards to customization, you can't change anything but the background. I personally wish I had the ability to change around the screens without dragging all the apps and changing the bottom buttons (phone, mail, music, safari). Quite honestly, I can't wait for my upgrade so I can switch back to android.

SAMSUNG (ANDROID PLATFORM)
Alright so lets be real, the regular startup manufacturer is no where close to looking as clean as Iphone. But I can tell you that there are launchers and other apps that truly maximize the customization ability of phones with the android platform. Before I got my iPhone, i actually had a galaxy. I LOVEDDDDD customizing it soooooo much. So I used the "dodol launcher" and had so many cute theme for my phone. The launcher itself also gives you options to change the buttons on the bottom and freely rearrange the screens.

If you like having the freedom to make your screens and apps look the way you want it to, then I highly suggest buying the samsung :)