Why are so many people quitting?

I registered a while back, early this year or late last year after my sister found MVMK, we've been trying to find a similar game to play after the original VMK closed down -we jumped from UVORA, OVMK, VFK and so much more, so you can just imagine how happy I was when MVMK was online and playable and looked almost completely like the old one. I felt like my childhood was re - lived!:)

I couldn't play shortly after I registered because I was focusing on exams but once I was done, in October I re-entered MVMK and have been having an awesome time playing ever since.

What I've realised is a few awesome people have quit MVMK the past month and this people are really friendly, nice and helpful players.

They have given their reasons for leaving but I still feel suspicious about it. They've all left almost at the same time!

I've had no problems so far with the whole game other than a few glitches here and there. The game is amazing, the staff are amazing, the players are amazing.

Could it be that it's so amazing. it's become addictive and affected them in real life? :o

I'm genuinely curious!

I was so addicted to this game I had to take a year hiatus, but I'm back! I'm trying to balance everything so I don't get so addicted again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neda

I just figured that everyone is slowly realizing that, yeah, this game was fun when we were kids but now it's not what it used to be.
A good amount of people are at that age where school is so much more important and time-consuming so they don't want to continue wasting their time on this website because it doesn't benefit us at all really to play this game.(it used to be a nice "escape" for us but now not so much...)

I don't know, people just lost interest in all of this. I see more people online when new stuff comes out or events are going on, but that's about it. :dizzy:

PrettyBlissfulSky

Stitch Enthusiast
I feel like it's definitely the whole time management.. I never really get to go on anymore bc of school & work, but I generally find myself on the forums more since the times I can get on, not a lot of people are on since it is like mid day. I enjoy going on later at night though, especially when events are happening since more people are usually on! I do miss how popping it was when I first joined last year though. And how packed the OG game was back in the day.

Hmm it really depends, sometimes people quit because of other people or they quit because it takes too much of their time. I just love staying on because it kills time for me and gives me something to do. I do have runescape but dang it takes hours for one level to go up, rawr. I spend all my time on here and it does not ruin real life for me because all I do is click logoff if I have to go see someone/do something lol.

Because VFK is life
LOL.[DOUBLEPOST=1449194244][/DOUBLEPOST]
I was so addicted to this game I had to take a year hiatus, but I'm back! I'm trying to balance everything so I don't get so addicted again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I create a schedule so I don't miss the host events but still be stable enough not to get addicted. lol.

I just figured that everyone is slowly realizing that, yeah, this game was fun when we were kids but now it's not what it used to be.
A good amount of people are at that age where school is so much more important and time-consuming so they don't want to continue wasting their time on this website because it doesn't benefit us at all really to play this game.(it used to be a nice "escape" for us but now not so much...)

I don't know, people just lost interest in all of this. I see more people online when new stuff comes out or events are going on, but that's about it. :dizzy:
I agree but I feel like VMK is a good escape from real life stress and I use it to have fun without spending a tons of money. It's all good fun!

I feel like it's definitely the whole time management.. I never really get to go on anymore bc of school & work, but I generally find myself on the forums more since the times I can get on, not a lot of people are on since it is like mid day. I enjoy going on later at night though, especially when events are happening since more people are usually on! I do miss how popping it was when I first joined last year though. And how packed the OG game was back in the day.
True. A contributing factor could also be the closing and opening times. In the old VMK, there was a closing and opening time so everyone would rush to be able to make it into the game and play. Once it was over, they would go to sleep or do homework and only start playing again once it was opened. So time management wasn't that hard.

MVMK on the other hand is open all the time. For someone like me who lives in Asia. This is awesome because I don't have to stay up until 2am or wake up at 6am in the morning to play because whenever I feel like it, I can just turn MVMK on and have fun! :)[DOUBLEPOST=1449194321][/DOUBLEPOST] Uvora was a game developed by Oatman Tohru. It didn't make it. :/

Last edited:
Everyone is correct. When I was in school, I would do my homework first before getting on. I was a senior in HS when MyVMK started so when I was not in club meetings, being with friends, or special events, I would start my homework at lunch. I will let my friends know in advance if for any reason, I can't get on

Kirllan

Forever Noob!
I was kind of curious about this as well. I left last year mostly because Gift Cards were taken out and my means of trading was gone so I saw no point in going on. At the time I had very few friends on MVMK so I went off to play other games to bide my time. If players are going back to VFK it is quite obvious they are not going back because VFK Staff are awesome so it is a mystery to me why players are quitting MVMK because I am not finding too many other games that have a substantive game play like MVMK does. Now with credit trades in place I find my primary trading resource available again but I am mostly back on MVMK because Wizard101 made a bad update move and I found myself having to find something to fill time again. So I am back on MVMK this December and finding I like what I see and will probably be around for some time. As far as staff not caring or not respecting players I have not found one MMORPG that does have anything but so I don't have any desire for staff to do anything else. Besides, all this is free and I am not terribly sure but are all MVMK Staff doing this on a voluntary basis? if so then they have only human kindness to work off of and not profit incentive. So, not sure but most Staff who are getting paid are usually caring and respectful to players because they have to. The reason most are quitting are highly random and multiple. Some reasons could have nothing to do with the game itself it could have to do with real life issues. When I got back recently I was surprised to see the population of MVMK had gone down dramatically as compared to last year when there were so many players around.

Gamecrazy

Well the main reason why I'm not on very often is because people aren't on. I assume lack of population is a big factor for others as well. Unfortunately, it's hard to break that cycle.

Hypnotic

I think a lot of it is, It's a repeat cycle. I mean yes, we get some new items but a lot of it is the same items re-released and honestly? a lot of people work hard for the items. Which I can see why some people would go to VFK. However, this game does get you addicted. I had to leave several months just so I could get my act together. I put VMK before my own school work, friends and family. However, what happened a few months ago (which must not be spoken of) is a big reason too.

The staff, the desire to lead a semi-normal life in the real world (I'm an adult now, not the 13 year old who played OG VMK), and often times other players.

All of these things have led me to contemplate quitting in the last week or so. I'll let you guys know if I do.

iMax

RCT3 & Disney Freak
Before I start, I totally forgot about UVORA and VFK is not life....anyways, I haven't really quit, I still come on once in a while, school has just been a pain in the butt, and IMO some of the themes of the month haven't really appealed to me lately, the last one that did was in July for the 60th Anniversary of Disneyland. Maybe soon I can come back on more often.

Yea for me at least, it's just a time thing. During the past few months, I haven't been able to play as much because of school work being that I'm a college student. Now that the semester is over however and I'm on break, I have a lot more time to play this game and I have been on a lot more lately. I'm sure many other people can relate given there are a lot of people in the same age group as me playing this game.

I think as a community, we need to find a way to reach out to the younger crowd as well (younger crowd meaning kids the same age as the majority of us were when we played the original vmk). Also, it makes this game a lot more fun playing with people your friends with. If you have friends that used to play the original vmk or that might be interested in a game like this, tell them about it and get them to play with you! It makes the game a lot more fun as well as grows the community at the same time.

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
Not sure what happened with everything since I've been gone. A year ago around this time I was obsessively playing MyVMK and keeping up with it like no other, a constant member of the community I strived to be. Then life changes came for me finally, and for the past 8 months I've been going through a metamorphosis of life, and much needed at that. I just haven't had time to come online and none of the people I called my cherished friends really play anymore to my knowledge. I turned my attention to game of the more MMO and MOBA genre since taking a break from MyVMK. I find League of Legends to be really enjoyable, all of my roommates play, it's how I met my current boyfriend that lives with us as well, I enjoy streaming on the playstation 4 and playing Fallout 4, Destiny, and The Handsome Collection of Borderlands. I barely get to play those in the midst of a full-time and most days lately over-time job and taking care of my boyfriend and our sugar glider Rumble. There's just no time to enjoy this community, and it's sad to say but it's not how it was when I was around a lot. It's crazy to see how thing's change.