Why can I not play MyVMK on my home laptop? HELP PLEASE!!!

The only time I can play MyVMK is on my work computer.
However, that means I miss almost every HOST event, & I'm getting rather frusterated.

Does anyone know why I was able to play oVMK on my home laptop, but it won't work for MyVMK?

What happens is..
I login.
MyVMK logo loads.
Then the furniture data & character information load.
Might I add that this all loads rather quickly since my laptop is high speed.
Then after everything finishes loading, right before the VMK map can pop up.. I get the disconnected message & it redirects me to log back in.

This isn't just something that happened once or twice, it happens every single time I try to login- in the exact same way.
I've tried everything. I use google chrome, & have a windows laptop.
I have tried deleting all my cookies & empty my cache.
I've updated shockwave, I've even tried deleting shockwave & re-downloading it.
All to still receive the exact same result.

I tried using explorer, it loaded up exactly the same & had the exact same result.
The main reason I am confused is because I could play oVMK without a problem, & now I can't get on MyVMK AT ALL.
I've never been able to play the game at home just as described ever since MyVMK opened. :(

Does any have any idea why this is happening to me, or what I could do about it?
I'm missing out on so much. :(
I'm not computer illiterate. I actually have a pretty good understanding of computer gaming & I am stumped. I have no idea what to do.
Am I only going to be able to play like an hour a day while at work? Please say it ain't so!

Have you tried using a different browser other than Chrome? Like Firefox?
Seems like an odd problem to me, are you using any extensions that might cause a problem? Maybe a script blocking one?

Have you tried using a different browser other than Chrome? Like Firefox?
Seems like an odd problem to me, are you using any extensions that might cause a problem? Maybe a script blocking one?
I tried using explorer, it loaded up exactly the same & had the exact same result.
I don't have anything that would be blocking it script wise.. I don't think I even run any scripts.
Like I said, I could play oVMK no problem.

this happened to me, and with some googling i found a page with a ton of different solutions that people found.

i fixed mine by disabling silverlight. hope you find a fix! :)
This page is so confusing, I have no idea what to do. I tried lowering my security setting, but it made no difference. I don't think I have silverlight anymore. That suggestion page looks like it is mostly for Firefox users, but I use Chrome.
Any more specific suggestions? :/

This page is so confusing, I have no idea what to do. I tried lowering my security setting, but it made no difference. I don't think I have silverlight anymore. That suggestion page looks like it is mostly for Firefox users, but I use Chrome.
Any more specific suggestions? :/
hm well i found this which has a few fixes for chrome, and if those don't work then i definitely suggest using firefox if you can. it runs myvmk better than chrome does, i've found, and i've been a strict chrome user since it came out.

Jasmine

I've posted the temporary fixes for the re-authorization error many times.

My advice to you is to NOT clear your cache. It seems to make the issue worse.

There are a couple things you can try. (Do it in the specific order if possible.)
DO NOT CLEAR YOUR CACHE OR COOKIES. THAT MAKES THE ISSUE WORSE.

Option 1:
Update your Shockwave. Go here. (You shouldn't have to restart your computer.)
Try to log in again and see what happens. If it still doesn't work, enter your password on the reauthentication screen. Don't completely log out unless you absolutely have to.

Option 2:
When it says you're disconnected and you're brought to the reauthentication screen, just keep entering your password. Sometimes it can take 3 or more tries to get in.

Option 3:
Once disconnected and taken to the reauthenticate screen, click the log out link there. (DON'T CLICK THE LOG OUT LINK ON THE WEBSITE.) Refresh the website, log in again, and see what happens.

All of these have worked for me at one point or another.