why can't we say injun

supernovagirl

I mean... it's a room (Injun Joe's Cave) on the game so why can't we say it?

Also... why can't we walk to certain spots or exit? I would love to get to the other side of Tom Sawyer's Island! :)

"Injun" is a derogatory derivative of "Indian" (which can be considered an offensive term in itself, depending on who you ask); it's allowed as a room within the game because Injun Joe was a character from The Adventures of Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn, and his name is being used as a proper noun.
"Coven" is affiliated with witchcraft, cults, and Satanism which, though it's less understandable than "Injun," is still a fair enough reason to censor it.
"Woody" is likely just to prevent anyone from roleplaying... well, you can guess what they'd be using that word for. A little silly given it's a Toy Story character's name, but again, understandable.
"Sexy," however, has no real reason to be censored. It's derived from the word "sex," yes, but it doesn't imply any sort of activity. It means essentially the same as "hot" or "babe."

"Sexy," however, has no real reason to be censored. It's derived from the word "sex," yes, but it doesn't imply any sort of activity. It means essentially the same as "hot" or "babe."
I think it brings up the question as to whom MyVMK is mainly directed at. If the game is intended for anyone to enjoy, then I think words like those are censored for the sake of the younger players. It's just more inappropriate than anything.

Amy

Head Administrator
The word filter shouldn't really bring up any questions, the list was based on a free list I found online, so some words might be censored that seem a little unusual. We're always happy to hear suggestions of how we can improve it, words we should add and words we should remove though.

S

Spivey

"Injun" is a derogatory derivative of "Indian" (which can be considered an offensive term in itself, depending on who you ask); it's allowed as a room within the game because Injun Joe was a character from The Adventures of Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn, and his name is being used as a proper noun.
"Coven" is affiliated with witchcraft, cults, and Satanism which, though it's less understandable than "Injun," is still a fair enough reason to censor it.
"Woody" is likely just to prevent anyone from roleplaying... well, you can guess what they'd be using that word for. A little silly given it's a Toy Story character's name, but again, understandable.
Covens are associated with witchcraft, commonly wrongly associated with Satanism. Words pertaining to other religious and life beliefs aren't blocked, so why should the word coven?

I request that my name be censored.

The word filter shouldn't really bring up any questions, the list was based on a free list I found online, so some words might be censored that seem a little unusual. We're always happy to hear suggestions of how we can improve it, words we should add and words we should remove though.

There are offensive words (especially when kids are around) that should be blocked. Some are even made up words.

Whispered

Why shouldn't things like Obama Obamacare Carney Pelosi etc.etc. based on politics be censored?

It's not like MyVMK is like the government trying to censor all bad opinions about those words. Oh wait...

Last edited by Kevin; 11-22-2013 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Dont name examples.
Kevin, why do you single out my sister (NeonSunrise) yet you don't make any corrections or changes to posts by others? She repeated words that were already here and added twerk. I started a whole thread about the use of the word twerk and you didn't change it?!?! Why are you targeting her??