Why I Dislike Dreams Month

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
Hi everyone. ❤

For those of you who have been active lately, you'll know that it's Dreams Month on the game which I personally have found to be quite enjoyable so far. However, A LOT of people are calling it the "worst month ever" or a "horrible event" because of the randomized way of winning a prize. It's unfortunate to see so many people complaining about the game but I figured I should be able to have an opinion too on why I dislike dreams month....

Late Host complaining
The first three times I participate in the Host event was coincidental. I hadn't been on in a while so I visited several rooms to talk to my friends and a Host happened to show up. That's how I won my first prize (a badge). Just a few days ago I decided to start participating willingly in the event and getting on at the start of it. However, only 5 minutes later did I log off because so many people started complaining when the popup didn't show up at the top of the event. Only 1 MINUTE had passed before people started throwing literal childish fits which made it very very unenjoyable to play. So, I logged off.

My note to those who complain about the HOSTs arriving late: They're doing everything they can I'm sure and there's only so many people working on the event. Instead of thinking with the thought process of they're here to serve you/us, maybe think that they're trying to help US have a good time, but, you also have to contribute to that as well and complaining doesn't make anybody happy!

Winning more than once
I've seen so many people complain when other players win the same prize more than once. Where is the support in this game??? Why can't we be happy that some players have been selected to win. Also, when you complain to the staff or to that specific player, it's useless. As stated on the homepage, ALL PRIZES ARE RANDOMIZED. That person has just as much a right to be entered into the drawing as you do. Again, complaining solves nothing!

People who center their life around the event
I've seen so many people trash the event for "wasting their two hours." What do you mean? Nobody wasted anybody's time. YOU chose to participate therefore if anybody is at fault, it's YOU. You willingly participated in event that has been numerously repeated to be RANDOMIZED (meaning there's no promise of winning) yet you still claim to have had your time wasted. Instead of complaining, do what I did: just get on whenever you can and visit your friends in each room (: Dreams month to me is so much more about being more social with other players than it is winning or staking out for hours at a time.

To conclude, just have fun. Stop thinking of this as a contest, think of it as an event meant to bring everyone together to have a good time. Don't stress if you didn't win. There's so many different time/date variations that you WILL have the chance to at least win something by the time the event ends. I know we all have that 1 dream item that we really really want, but in the end, complaining or being ungrateful isn't going to get you that item /: Just stay hopefully and dream, it's dreams month after all!

Also, shoutout to all the amazing people I've met during this event (: I've been able to meet so many amazing players of ALL ages, from our younger players to our lovely moms, dads, aunts and uncles, and it's truly been a gift. You've all been so welcoming to me and I appreciate that and I appreciate all of your insight on life (:

Hugs everyone. :hug:

Sophia

But if you socialize a lot at school, hang out with friends after school, or socialize a lot at work, etc, once you get home you kind of just want to play the game to win a cool virtual prize not to have a "good time" socializing for two hours. That's why I really liked the past host events we've had, especially crater races. That's just me.

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
moaning about moaning = dis thread

moaning about moaning about moaning = me
It's not really moaning or complaining if you think about it. It's more making people aware that some of their more negative and unneeded actions are causing other players to have a negative experience. Food for thought. (: Hugs. :hug:

Thank you for posting this.
For a while, I was giving stuff away so that other players would be happy, especially if they hadn't been picked by a host yet. But as this month goes on, I'm not sure I want to be helpful, or even log on for that matter. Why can't we just enjoy the month? Socialize, make new friends, and enjoy ourselves and the prizes we may receive.

aceastrofan

The one and only...
I choose to think of this event as a good time to socialize with different people. As cool as it would be to win an awesome prize, I just think it's equally fun to hang around and talk with people I possibly would never talk to during regular gameplay. With 17 days gone, winning a poster is it. However, I really have enjoyed how I've been able to meet new people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
There is always captain's quarters so even if you do not win or see a host at least you can earn credits :)
I can't believe it took me half the month to figure this out but yeah, this helps a LOT.

As to the actual OP itself...
:look:
I praise you and your post.
These are exactly my problems with Dream Month - it's amazing and fun and I love how social everyone is now but...
Then there's this. And no matter how magical it may seem, it's these things that ruin it.

Fotogirl

So well said Oreo !!! :thumbsup: Giant thumbs up. :thumbsup: I see people complaining too and it breaks my heart that their game is all about the prize and not the process of maybe getting a prize. I for one have had such a good time meeting new people and seeing the creativity of some groups come up with to pass time. I, too, see those who complain about this month "wasting" so much of their time. Its totally beyond me that they cannot see that they are wasting their own time not the game. If they cannot find a way to enjoy the events perhaps they should sign themselves and their clones out and find something they do enjoy.

Fiyero

While I understand where you're coming from [MENTION=3205]Oreo[/MENTION], I also don't understand why EVERYONE on this game is so worried/bothered with everyone else. Instead of just the great philosophy of "I'll do me, you do you", everyone seems to worry about what the other people in the game are doing and everyone feels the need comment about it when someone plays the game differently then others or doesn't like the way an event is working out. I promise you it's not gonna kill you for someone to want to get the prize quick and without interaction with others. And if it does kill you, you need to visit the doctor

Can't we all just play hand in hand? No need to worry about how I or anyone else plays. Just worry about yourself and everything will be good :bounce:

Kimi Lamperouge

Kimiana Jones, Captain!
I've only won like a pin so far. I am a very competitive person so obviously I get really mad when someone gets a prize and I don't. But its all randomized and some people do need to understand that instead of complaining (which I am guilty of too...)

That being said, there are LOTS of people who do nothing but congratulate those who win! Its so much fun seeing all the popup chats saying "OMG CONGRATS *NAME*" and its really nice to see people happy for others.

Also I like Dream Month because the public rooms don't get much attention. We had so much fun on the Tomorrowland Quest Deck pretending to be flying in an asteroid belt waiting for a Host, and then next time we hung out on Mark Twain's boat. The amount of magic we make as we pass the time is the most important part to me. <3 Also those people who win more than once but give away their prizes to other people are the SWEETEST!

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
So well said Oreo !!! :thumbsup: Giant thumbs up. :thumbsup: I see people complaining too and it breaks my heart that their game is all about the prize and not the process of maybe getting a prize. I for one have had such a good time meeting new people and seeing the creativity of some groups come up with to pass time. I, too, see those who complain about this month "wasting" so much of their time. Its totally beyond me that they cannot see that they are wasting their own time not the game. If they cannot find a way to enjoy the events perhaps they should sign themselves and their clones out and find something they do enjoy.
It breaks my heart too and I completely agree with what you said!! If you can't enjoy the game/event the way it's been given to you, then it's time to find something else to do.

While I understand where you're coming from [MENTION=3205]Oreo[/MENTION], I also don't understand why EVERYONE on this game is so worried/bothered with everyone else. Instead of just the great philosophy of "I'll do me, you do you", everyone seems to worry about what the other people in the game are doing and everyone feels the need comment about it when someone plays the game differently then others or doesn't like the way an event is working out. I promise you it's not gonna kill you for someone to want to get the prize quick and without interaction with others. And if it does kill you, you need to visit the doctor

Can't we all just play hand in hand? No need to worry about how I or anyone else plays. Just worry about yourself and everything will be good :bounce:
"I'll do me, you do you" only applies when somebody's actions have no implication on anybody else's life. But when I'm sitting in a Host room having to listen to people complain nonstop about why they haven't won yet, that's when I'm allowed to comment. It's hindering not just mine but a majority of the player's experience and unnecessarily turning a positive experience into a negative one. If you feel so strongly to comment about your displeasure of the game, you can do so in the privacy of your own guest room. (: Hugs. :hug:

"this is so boring, i hate this month"

lolol no one's forcing you to get on
This a thousand times. It's YOUR decision to play. People act as if they're being forced to play this game.

I've only won like a pin so far. I am a very competitive person so obviously I get really mad when someone gets a prize and I don't. But its all randomized and some people do need to understand that instead of complaining (which I am guilty of too...)

That being said, there are LOTS of people who do nothing but congratulate those who win! Its so much fun seeing all the popup chats saying "OMG CONGRATS *NAME*" and its really nice to see people happy for others.

Also I like Dream Month because the public rooms don't get much attention. We had so much fun on the Tomorrowland Quest Deck pretending to be flying in an asteroid belt waiting for a Host, and then next time we hung out on Mark Twain's boat. The amount of magic we make as we pass the time is the most important part to me. <3 Also those people who win more than once but give away their prizes to other people are the SWEETEST!
See this is what I'm talking about! We're all competitive and when we see an item we'd really like, naturally we want dots do whatever it takes to get that item. But, I'm proud of you for realizing the reality of the situation which is that it's all randomized so there's really no way to make sure you receive any specific item. And I agree, I LOVE being supportive of those who wait. Sometimes when you sit for an hour or so and you don't win it's upsetting, but it's more fun to support others who have won than it is to mope and groan.

Fiyero

"I'll do me, you do you" only applies when somebody's actions have no implication on anybody else's life. But when I'm sitting in a Host room having to listen to people complain nonstop about why they haven't won yet, that's when I'm allowed to comment. It's hindering not just mine but a majority of the player's experience and unnecessarily turning a positive experience into a negative one. If you feel so strongly to comment about your displeasure of the game, you can do so in the privacy of your own guest room. (: Hugs. :hug:
They aren't really hindering your experience at all. If you don't like what's being said, ignore them. That's why the ignore button is there. I hate all the complaining as well, but it doesn't really affect me so why bother? If someone starts complaining to much, I'll just ignore them and continue on. They still have all the right in the world to complain about the event if they want to. Not to say you don't have a right to complain about them, but it just seems like a never ending circle.

I don't know. Personally, I just think a lot of hullabaloo is being started over all this. Please don't think I just mean you, because that's not the case at all. It goes both ways. But I just feel if everyone just kinda abided by "I'll do me, you do you" this whole game would go off without many hitches.