Why i'm quitting MyVMK

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayerOne

I shoot when you're stuck.
I wanted to explain my thought process before i head on out, possibly temporarily, possibly permanent.

I found MyVMK back during Dreams month (May 2014), and i was overjoyed. Like most of you, VMK was a huge part of my childhood. I had played all the day from Beta to Close, and had been incredibly saddened when it closed.

And then i found MyVMK.

It was great. Met some great people during Dreams month that i still talk to today, started grinding Jungle Cruise to try to get some "rares". Entered the waterslide competition in July. Had some fun times.

The thing is, though, is 90% of the time i spent on the Original VMK, it was either playing Pirates or building rooms. Building rooms requires credits, in my case massive amounts (I believe my rooms for the waterslide competition took anywhere from 240k-280k credits). I just don't have the patience or the time anymore with college back in session and me working along with it to grind at jungle cruise for hours on end. And even if i did have the time, is that really how i want to spend it? Doing a repetitive, boring task for hours to get virtual currency to get virtual items to build virtual rooms? It's not.

Then there's pirates. This is not meant to be some jab or insult to Amy. Before the magic of MyVMK started to fade for me, the Pirates countdown was put on the homepage. I believe it was started at 45 days? Well, August 4th came and went. And the next 2 or 3 dates that were promised came and went. Then, just silence. 3-4 weeks ago Amy had posted in another thread that I would come out sooner than we'd expect, but it looks like she deleted that post. And it looks like she has moved on to other projects (Music Mixer, Quest Kiosks), which makes me think that Pirates is not coming out. I would be happy to be proved wrong in this. But it has been more than 45 days (The initial timer on the homepage) since the intended release date (Next week will be 2 months exactly, i believe).

For someone whose sole desire back in the original VMK was to play pirates, after all the hype that was given out and now all the silence that has taken over, there is nothing left for me here. I have met some great people that i will keep in touch with via other communicative means, and I hope that for everybody else, the magic of the game, whatever it may be for you, stays with you.

And if i'm wrong and pirates ends up coming out sometime, then I may come back. But until then, i wish you all the best.

PlayerOne

It was nice having you around. Maybe pirates will come soon (I said maybe right..?) and you can come back and feel the nostalgia for a bit. I understand exactly where you are coming from. I hope you have a good time at college and wish you the best in the future and all that mushy stuff people say when someone leaves.

Ultimately, I'm glad you are making a good decision for yourself. Come back and visit sometimes (:

Status
Not open for further replies.