WIDSOM TEETH :F

dude, my wisdom teeth hurt so bad ): they're coming in ofc but i have one that's growing in way too close to the side of my mouth and when i eat i'm constantly biting the inside of my cheek and it's making me sad and angry lol. :look: they hurt enough just coming in, let alone the bruises and open flesh wounds inside of my mouth now. has anyone had them taken out yet? i'm afraid i might have to get mine out soon and i'm scared.
:cry::surrender::sulk::scared::please:

btw, i'm a bit dramatic.

Thorn

Make it Green
I actually had to get mine out in my senior year, the DAY before my senior trip to Disney World.

Apparently, though it wasn't painful, pressure had been building up on one of my bottom wisdom teeth. So much so that the tooth CRACKED IN HALF. So I went to an emergency dental clinic, and they ripped my bottom ones out without putting me to sleep. The only issue was that my mouth was not numb yet for the first one: so I felt them break the tooth off my jaw and I went into shock O_O

I'm just an extraordinary case though- I've never heard of anyone else with that experience. I still have my top wisdom teeth to be honest lol.

Fun times. Pudding and Jello for days.

Alamar

They put my mouth to sleep and everything went fine. You get drink a lot of smoothies~ That was the best part for me and the pain meds help a lot. However, I got mine taken out because my dentist saw that they were turning in my gums and would start to shift my teeth, I never experienced any pain with them beforehand.
Fun times. Pudding and Jello for days.
I had smoothies and milkshakes like 24/7 lol. I also ate a lot of jello. It was the best tbh.

Megara

no sleep club
Haven't had mine out yet, but my boyfriend did just recently. His were impacted, and he said he didn't feel anything and took the medication every day that they gave. He had milkshake foods for days.

Jasmine

I guess I'm weird, because I don't have any.
But my brother had his out a couple years ago. It shouldn't be too bad as long as you take your medication and eat lots of soft foods. The only main complication I can think of is developing dry sockets, so if you do end up having surgery, make sure you look out for that.

My Wisdom teeth are growing in,but I don't feel anything at all o-o

Kinglaser

My bottom ones have been coming in for a while, and i didnt feel any pain till about a week ago. My bottom right one is partly under my last molar, so like its pushing up on it now and hurts. And I cant see a dentist until our stupid insurance company fixes a problem that they caused (:

Getting wisdom teeth out was more annoying than really painful. The stitches need time to dissolve and personally were the most annoying thing after the surgery because I didn't like the feeling of swallowing a stitch or them dangling from my gums haha. I had all four taken out during winter break a long time ago, and recovery wasn't bad. Gums bled, were sensitive and stung for awhile - which is normal and will pass. I didn't take any medication. I think I was able to eat more solid food after a week or so. Just make sure to follow the instructions provided to you after surgery for recovery. I believe you have to rinse with warm salt water to keep your sockets clean and prevent infection. I also recommend Au Bon Pain, Panera, or Whole Foods soup and strawberry cheesecake jello cups. Ben & Jerry's, too. Whatever ice cream and soup you like :)

Heyvcool1

Recovering from the negative stuff.
I would say medication.. but i luckily didnt have to end up getting mine out, however im laying in bed with a cut open leg, and it feels like fire, but of course my pain medication isn't working :D

acebatonfan

I had two of mine taken out the summer of eighth (?) grade. The oral surgeon who did it didn't give enough sedative (my mom experienced the same thing when she had surgery there), so I was awake and feeling super bad pain during the second half. To make it worse, my mom was afraid I would become addicted to the pain reliever, so she made me switch to only taking Tylenol a day after the surgery. :rage:

Jasmine

my dentist said i should get mine removed like years ago but i never did cause i thought maybe they won't grow in, but i did feel pretty bad pain for a few days like a month ago so now I'm worried. ugh anything dentist related i hate lol

HaleighRose

Shut up, and dance with me!
I had all 4 wisdom teeth and I got them removed about two years ago. I had the problem with them coming in sideways so pretty much they stayed under the gums but were pushing my other teeth towards the front. Which I was NOT okay with since I had already gone 4 years with braces and I DID NOT want to do that again. When they removed them I guess they had to crack my two bottom teeth in half to remove them, and with that they broke my jaw too... Even two years later my jaw pops and it hurts, try to avoid that :D

I had my 4 impacted wisdom teeth taken out in November 2013, the day of the Catching Fire premiere, actually. I was given anesthetic and that's like, the best sleep I ever had until I woke up when I heard them say "okay last one". They saw I was awake and told me to close my eyes, so I did and fell asleep again. I can't remember anything, but my parents said I was bawling. I remember getting in the car to go home, but I guess I zoned out in the car because the next thing I know I was walking in my house. My mouth was still really numb, but I KNEW my gauze needed changed at that very moment and I was trying to tell my dad. All I could moan out was "It hurts!" and of course my dad is like "oh honey, I know" thinking I'm still loopy. I was soooooo frustrated. Then my mom got back and I got a pen and paper and explained that my gauze needed changed.

That was the only really bad part of it. I have low blood pressure and I couldn't take much medication, but my face wasn't super bruised or in pain. I went to the movies two days after surgery. Oh! The stitches taste like expired goldfish just sitting in your mouth after a week or so. Just follow the doctor's directions and you'll be fine :D

mine hurt really bad when i got them taken out and the stuff they used to put me to sleep made me sick so that didnt help. but most people ive talked to said it wasnt too bad for them

I'm actually terrified to get mine taken out bc I'm afraid I'll tell my life secrets to my dad.. You know.. Because of that episode of iCarly where Sam tells Carly everything...