Will Disney open up VMK again for Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary?

I was thinking about this and the last thing vmk told us was, "see ya real soon." Also just to point out, they only made vmk for the 50th anniversary of DISNEYLAND. The next 50th anniversary is of Walt Disney World which is 7 years away.
Do you guys think they'll open up a Virtual Disney World or VMK sequel type game for WDW's 50th?
I'll be a lot older but i hope so since we're only getting half the real vmk expeirence here since we can't go to the parks and do in park quests and stuff :/
thoughts?

aliceblue

Although it would be nice, I doubt that Disney will ever do a game like VMK again; it just doesn't fit their present business model. All of their multiplayer games have been shut down, and they seem far more focused on single-player, non-pc material, especially the kind with add-on packs or other associated merchandise. I think there's an interactive "walk-through" of Disneyland Resort; of course that really isn't the same thing. Don't know if there's something similar for WDW.

Those of us who played the game happened to be in the right place at the right time. It was the golden age of MMOs, although we didn't know it. Unfortunately, it was destined not to last. :(

Although it would be nice, I doubt that Disney will ever do a game like VMK again; it just doesn't fit their present business model. All of their multiplayer games have been shut down, and they seem far more focused on single-player, non-pc material, especially the kind with add-on packs or other associated merchandise. I think there's an interactive "walk-through" of Disneyland Resort; of course that really isn't the same thing. Don't know if there's something similar for WDW.

Those of us who played the game happened to be in the right place at the right time. It was the golden age of MMOs, although we didn't know it. Unfortunately, it was destined not to last. :(
Very true, and that walk through game i think its the xbox kinect disneyland game, it's pretty fun though! they let you play it at the mad t party in disney's california adventure, but thats true that is was the golden age, oh well :(

Bird

MyVMKPal Webmaster Dev
WDW 50th anniversary will be October 1st 2021.. That's 7 years away. I sure hope games like VMK become popular again and they do have a game similar to it.

AlphaTheEdge

Man I love this idea. But generally, in life, for whatever reason... Whenever something makes too much sense, it doesn't happen. Like this is an obviously good move for Disney. BUT. Will it happen? I think not. It hasn't happened yet and sadly probably never will. I hope so.. But maybe by then we can have the technology to actually visit a version of Disney parks OMG

Arnold

Is actually Superman
Disney Infinity should have been the VMK successor. Instead of characters you buy, it was furniture and cards that allowed you to have them in game. Wasted opportunity but Infinity did turn out well.

philitup

The Internet Champion!
Disney doesn't want to make good multi-player games for whatever reason anymore, and I don't see that changing. I'd love that to actually happen though. I remember seeing something written about VMK being planned ever since 1996, and it was going to be in 3D. Man would I love a VMK remake in 3D.

aceastrofan

The one and only...
As nice as it would be to see Disney bring back VMK, they are far more interested in making money, as seen with their decision to run CP into the ground. The one thing that CP has been able to do that the rest of the Disney MMO/MMORPG games failed to accomplish was their increased desire for out-of-game ideas, games, and toys. CP has released stuffed animals, video games, and other things into a saturated kids market, and watched their goods sell successfully. VMK, for the most part, gauged interest from theme park visitors at both Disneyland and Magic Kingdom, but they gave their things away for free to interested guests, something CP would have a problem with. It doesn't hurt that CP is extremely moderated to make sure the game stays appropriate, while VMK seemed more lax in letting things go occasionally. In conclusion, VMK and the other Disney online games have seemingly failed in a selling in stores sense, while CP has been able to roll with the new desired traits in kids.