will myvmk be switched to something other than shockwave?

ive gone through a few different browsers now, as they have all gradually stopped supporting shockwave.. is there any plan for myvmk to use something newer? or will those of us whose browsers dont support shockwave just lose out?

Murph

DON'T BE LASAGNA
I hope they switch soon, I refuse to use anything other than Chrome. I tried switching to Firefox and my computer stopped working >.>

Amy

Head Administrator
It will be, I posted about it in another thread so search me to find that but... It'll take a little while to complete, but I plan on having a simple version of the game that you can use to visit rooms and play one new simple minigame out soon (that uses Javascript, meaning it will run on almost any mobile device purchased after 2009, not sure about computer compatibility but it's not very intensive so if your computer can run chrome you'll be fine), and I'll add to it from there.

It will be, I posted about it in another thread so search me to find that but... It'll take a little while to complete, but I plan on having a simple version of the game that you can use to visit rooms and play one new simple minigame out soon (that uses Javascript, meaning it will run on almost any mobile device purchased after 2009, not sure about computer compatibility but it's not very intensive so if your computer can run chrome you'll be fine), and I'll add to it from there.
are you still working on a version that will be able to be played on a mac?

Whispered

developers rly should trademark this phrase (<3 u amy)

Whispered

ALL browsers will soon be cutting flash from their compatible programs.
That's... I'm not sure where you heard that. For one, it's not flash that's the issue, it's shockwave. They're two completely different plugins using two different "architectures" (basically, how they interface with the browser, how they use information, etc). Chrome is ending the ability to use NPAPI plugins in an upcoming version of Chrome. I have not heard of any valid, reputable reports of either Firefox or Internet Explorer ending support for either shockwave or NPAPI plugins.

I haven't seen any information about whether NPAPI plugins will be allowed/supported in the new Microsoft Edge browser shipping with Windows 10. Although, following what's happened in previous new versions of IE, I find it hard to believe there won't be a way to get it to work.

In short, don't worry about flash - it's not flash at issue, it's just shockwave. Furthermore, as far as I've seen, it's only Chrome that's ending support for it - and for good reason. Shockwave is not the most secure plugin - and if/when MyVMK comes out with a non-shockwave client, I'd recommend everyone switch to it immediately. However, for the time being, any other modern browser that supports shockwave currently will do so for the foreseeable future.

HauntedMansionResidant

The Bellhop off the I-5
ive gone through a few different browsers now, as they have all gradually stopped supporting shockwave.. is there any plan for myvmk to use something newer? or will those of us whose browsers dont support shockwave just lose out?
i hope i dont want to stop playing