Your favorite movies!! -need suggestions!-

Jordan

Hello everyone! :halcyon:
I love movies- just everything about film in general! I feel like I've watched so many, and would love to know what some of your favorites are! I'd love to get some suggestions for me to watch! I enjoy a wide variety- so suggest anything! Some of my favorites are: The Godfather 1&2, Scarface, Pulp Fiction, The Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles, Into the Wild, The Departed, Gangs of NY, A Bronx Tale, Any Audrey Hepburn/Cary Grant/Humphrey Bogart "oldie", obviously Disney films, etc etc....

Anyways..If you'd give me some of your favorite movies, I'd really appreciate it! Thanks in advance! :bounce:

kalyee

Magnolia, Requiem for a Dream, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, American Psycho, Donnie Darko, The Basketball Diaries, Trainspotting, Blow, Looper, Double Indemnity, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory/Pretty much anything Gene Wilder's been in, This Is England, and too many more to list. (I veer away from PG-13/R a lot of times so keep that in mind.)

supernovagirl

Inglourious Basterds hands down is my favorite movie.

But I also enjoy:
Donnie Darko
HP Series
Star Wars
Charlie Bartlett
The Wolf of Wall Street
Spirited Away

JRay

Silver Linings Playbook, of course my girl J Law is in it.
The Wolf of Wall Street (in theaters now), lots of drugs and nudity though but hilarious if that's your type of movie
Hunger Games & Catching Fire
Harry Potter series
Grown Ups 2
Despicable Me 2
Monsters University
The Change-Up
Friends With Benefits
Crazy. Stupid. Love.

Uhh... Can't think of anything else right now

Jordan

You guys are awesome! Totally going to watch many of these! It's awesome to see some of my favorite movies suggested too..:halcyon:

Snaps

mischief managed
yesss, Silver Linings Playbook definitely.
Fargo is a classic, it's rated R mostly for language and violence but it's great.
American Hustle was great
Inception (actually anything by Chris Nolan: Memento, The Prestige, etc.)
you like classics so watch some of hitchcock's, Rear Window and Strangers on a Train are my faves, also Some Like it Hot cause marilynnnn, oooh also On the Waterfront (young Marlon Brando yesss)
also 500 Days of Summer, Never Let Me Go (prepare to cry a lot but its beautiful), X-Men First Class (even if you haven't seen the others, it'll make sense on its own and it's sooo worth watching), The Time Traveller's Wife, Little Manhattan, Midnight in Paris

yeah i'm a film major i love films a lot
that's all i can think of for now but yeah these movies are really great!!

InfinityFay

My favorite movies:
- The Green Mile
- Pulp Fiction
- Clockwork Orange (Don't see this with your parents)
- The Painted Veil
- 2001: A Space Odyssey
- Shawshank Redemption!! ** (Really loved this one.)
- THE GODFATHER TRILOGY [ I cried at the end of every movie because I loved it so much]
- Fight Club
- Se7en
- Life is Beautiful (Holocaust movie)
- American Psycho
- Spirited Away
- The Intouchables
- The Departed! (This humor is probably closest to mine)
- The Pianist (Holocaust movie)
- Modern Times
- The Prestige

Ok... I think that's enough movies for now... BUT I definitely have a LIST.
So anyone interested in talking about movies can definitely message me :D