YouTube

Do you prefer the old YouTube or the new YouTube?

• New YouTube

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Andrew

Do you prefer the new (current) YouTube or the old YouTube (from years ago)?

I ask this because over the years YouTube has changed quite a bit. I have been on YouTube for a while and have seen many of these changes.

I personally prefer the old YouTube. The one where there weren't that many "YouTubers" and being a "YouTuber" was something special and kind of rare.

Also, I prefer the old YouTube because it took effort to become famous. For example, Lucas Cruikshank (who played Fred Figglehorn) started out on a channel called jklproductions with his two cousins, then moved on to his Fred channel, and then took off from there. It was also a big deal when milestones happened, like Lucas's Fred channel being the first channel to hit 1,000,000 subscribers or the battle between videos for which one has the most views (i.e. the "Evolution of Dance" video).

Basically, it seems like YouTube was more special years ago and unique. You used to be able to customize your profile and have your own username. Now you have to use your Google account and the comment system is through Google.

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
I prefer the old YouTube because as you said, it actually took effort to become famous. It took more than a flip of your hair to get people swooning. Now, it's beyond appalling at the amount of people who put out content that is either insulting, vulgar, plane stupid, or a combination of the three that are able to attract millions of subscribers. I also hate that today, looks/stupidity is what makes a YouTuber's career, not the actual content they put out. You have people like Grace Helbig (amongst others) who work 5 days a week, and do countless collabs, promotions, etc. to gain followers and are only able to attract close to 2 million followers. Yet we have Jack & Finn (no offense, I think they are very genuine guys) who have millions of followers essentially because they are two attractive twins. I know that's where we're at right now in the 21st century, but it's still very very disappointing at times.

philitup

The Internet Champion!
I'm just mad that Google constantly asks to use my real name instead of my regular username

Using iPhone, on vacation
Same. I wouldn't have AS much of a problem with YouTube if Google didn't push themselves into everything, but at the same time I'm still not a fan of the new copyright rules which is screwing a ton of people over. Just imagine being one of those people that have made YouTube their job and now the copyright policy is taking money from them, and earning money on YouTube is no easy task in the first place.

LooseSeal

I'm just mad that Google constantly asks to use my real name instead of my regular username

Using iPhone, on vacation

Google: Stop trying to make g+ happen. It's not going to happen.

And learn to take "no" for an answer. None of this "okay, we'll ask again later". I hate logging into my account now.

EDIT: GIFs belong in spoiler tags except for when used in the "Forum Games" section.

Last edited by a moderator: