Boring Games, Expensive Items and CLAMS!

What value should clams be?

• 10 Credits

Votes: 27 14.6%
  • 25 Credits

Votes: 97 52.4%
  • 50 Credits

Votes: 53 28.6%
  • Other value

Votes: 8 4.3%

• Total voters
Not everyone has the time to sit down and spend hours playing a game to earn credits for virtual items/pixels. Some of us have real life to attend to. Homework for some people can take up to 5+ hours or more. This game is supposed to be fun, but it's over ran by greedy, selfish and conceited players. The rich get richer on this gamed and the poor get poorer. Deja vue. If some of these rich players could at least be open-minded, maybe something would get accomplished, but due to greed, that doesn't seem likely.

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
I actually like the high-priced items and the ones that retire fast. The harder they are to acquire, the more rare they become. It gives you a reason to work for items. If you have to put barely any time/effort into earning items then the game is even more boring than it is now.
When it's put that way, it makes perfect sense. If there's no challenge, there's no point basically. There's really nothing to do as is except trade, walk around, talk to friends and play fireworks. If you lower the price of items, the trading goes down and the fireworks playing goes down, eliminating two main reasons to play day to day.

Emelon

I think raising the credit value of shells would be the worst thing you could possible do to this game. If you're looking for a different way to gain credits, I think raising NPC amounts by 50 each would do wonders. Raising shells to 25 again would be disastrous to the economy.
The reason I suggest raising NPC values is because NPCs allow for a limited amount of collection. You are only allowed to collect credits every 12 hours, whereas with the shell game you are free to collect 24 hours a day. It sounds ridiculous, but many people take advantage of those 24 hours and collect insane amounts of credits.

tarte

l o l
I think it's too easy to earn credits because people are walking around with full lanyards of 5* bats, 5* invisibilities, 30 mickey ears, etc etc.

I am not one of those people but I have earned 50,000 credits in a day and bought 5 bat magics so I could have been. I even could have made more than 50,000, but I was tired lol.

I dunno. Some people just put more time in the game than others, is that their fault? No.

Stop being sore players and enjoy the game. Would you rather there be no VMK at all?

l o l
I think it's too easy to earn credits because people are walking around with full lanyards of 5* bats, 5* invisibilities, 30 mickey ears, etc etc.

I am not one of those people but I have earned 50,000 credits in a day and bought 5 bat magics so I could have been. I even could have made more than 50,000, but I was tired lol.

I dunno. Some people just put more time in the game than others, is that their fault? No.

Stop being sore players and enjoy the game. Would you rather there be no VMK at all?
Exactly the type of attitude I was referring to. It's too easy for some people because they have a lot of free time to spend and they're good at fireworks. No one is faulting them for putting more time in the game. We're just asking that others be considered. I know things are still being worked out and we are in beta for a reason. That being said, shouldn't people be more open to the idea of changing things around? This is called the suggestion thread for a reason. It's not being a sore loser for suggesting something be done. It's not all about you and how much you can make. It's about people that can't enjoy the game because everything is geared towards rare-this and rare-that. Maybe we shouldn't even focus on rares for awhile since the credit situation is all jacked up and it's causing such a problem. Yes, rares make the game more fun but I think before all this stuff was thrown in our face, there should've be more credit options. Having more game options doesn't make the game any less challenging. You just eliminate the clams out and lower the credits you can obtain from things like combined NPCs and fireworks to make it all level. Obviously I know there will be more games, but I feel like things were a bit rushed.

tarte

Exactly the type of attitude I was referring to. It's too easy for some people because they have a lot of free time to spend and they're good at fireworks. No one is faulting them for putting more time in the game. We're just asking that others be considered. I know things are still being worked out and we are in beta for a reason. That being said, shouldn't people be more open to the idea of changing things around? This is called the suggestion thread for a reason. It's not being a sore loser for suggesting something be done. It's not all about you and how much you can make. It's about people that can't enjoy the game because everything is geared towards rare-this and rare-that. Maybe we shouldn't even focus on rares for awhile since the credit situation is all jacked up and it's causing such a problem. Yes, rares make the game more fun but I think before all this stuff was thrown in our face, there should've be more credit options. Having more game options doesn't make the game any less challenging. You just eliminate the clams out and lower the credits you can obtain from things like combined NPCs and fireworks to make it all level. Obviously I know there will be more games, but I feel like things were a bit rushed.

what is really rare, i can think of like 3-4 things??
What's the big deal?

If people don't have the things they want, it's their fault and no one elses.
Joined the game late? Too bad.
Can't earn enough credits? Their fault.

Maybe the releasing of items was a tad rushed, but so??

*not talking to you specifically, just in general**
If you're basing your happiness of the game on items and all of your frustration is towards not having those items, you should re-evaluate your vmk life. Make friends, have fun, converse, idk.

**** I don't even have a lot of free time. So it is possible to make a lot of credits in just a short time. If people are really upset, they should learn how to manage their time better.****

If some people have 30x of one thing, there's no reason everyone shouldn't have at least 1x of it. so......

InaDaze

The Confused One.
I understand what you're asking but this is a game that requires you to put time in to it. Things need to be earned by the amount of time people put in to the game. And in my opinion they are considering others on several different aspects but this is something that is VERY difficult to change without having some dramatic effect.

I understand this is a suggestions thread but there are people that are going to counter what you suggest with legitimate reasons on why it might not work. I try to take in all of the suggestions and see these things: 1. How will it effect the game when implemented in short and long-term? 2. How will people react to the proposed ideas if implemented? 3. Is it truly necessary at the immediate time it is asked?

We have no clue when the other games will be released and beta doesn't necessarily mean make the game easier so that everyone can enjoy. I remember how in VMK I had just started and it was so difficult to get moving through the first couple months. But I always felt accomplished when I got something I was looking for. With how the game is going and what it looks like right now items shouldn't be easy to get and people shouldn't be able to have multiples of every item. Otherwise what is the point of having a trade button in this game?

The amount of ignorance being presented is mind blowing.
Now see this is something I can't stand seeing in threads as it provides no contribution.

I understand what you're asking but this is a game that requires you to put time in to it. Things need to be earned by the amount of time people put in to the game. And in my opinion they are considering others on several different aspects but this is something that is VERY difficult to change without having some dramatic effect.

I understand this is a suggestions thread but there are people that are going to counter what you suggest with legitimate reasons on why it might not work. I try to take in all of the suggestions and see these things: 1. How will it effect the game when implemented in short and long-term? 2. How will people react to the proposed ideas if implemented? 3. Is it truly necessary at the immediate time it is asked?

We have no clue when the other games will be released and beta doesn't necessarily mean make the game easier so that everyone can enjoy. I remember how in VMK I had just started and it was so difficult to get moving through the first couple months. But I always felt accomplished when I got something I was looking for. With how the game is going and what it looks like right now items shouldn't be easy to get and people shouldn't be able to have multiples of every item. Otherwise what is the point of having a trade button in this game?
I'm not specifically talking about changing just the clam worth. I'm talking about change to the game in general. When I made the comment about this being a suggestions thread, I know there are people that going to counter what others suggest. That's a given. I'm talking about the negative comments like "Too bad." "Sore loser." "Your fault." et cetera. That is what I'm talking about. THAT provides no contribution. And didn't I just say something along the lines that having more options doesn't mean you have to make the game easier? I guess all I'm saying is that I'd like to see some variety. Because right now the amount of time I spend on the game is lessening each week.

Now see this is something I can't stand seeing in threads as it provides no contribution.
Maybe if people weren't so ignorant, I wouldn't have to point it out. If people listened to one another, there wouldn't be a need to have this discussions and have people bashing one another. Try being open minded and consider what each other is saying and listen.

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
The amount of ignorance being presented is mind blowing.
It's ignorant to not have views and opinions in accordance with your own? That's quite a hypocritical statement.

In my opinion, I don't think it's greed playing a part here. The shells in popular opinion were both a catastrophic mess, and a financial gain. Raising them back up to 25 credits ea, or more would benefit some, but would also become a hindrance to others. It's really a 50/50 split among the masses over the shells. Personally, I'd like to see the NPC's be raised either back to what they were, or much higher at least than to see the shells be raised back to, or more than, their original award amount.

While it is true quite a few of us have demanding lives outside the game that need more attention, but truth be told that's not the fault of the people who have the time to devote to the game. There are players that work a number of jobs, are students as well and still make time to play. That's their prerogative of course.

Just keep in mind, simply because you don't agree with popular opinion doesn't mean those people are ignorant.

Emelon

l o l

**** I don't even have a lot of free time. So it is possible to make a lot of credits in just a short time. If people are really upset, they should learn how to manage their time better.****
I'm sorry, but 5+ hours of fireworks is not a short amount of time, and I'm not sure how you can stand behind "I don't even have a lot of free time" when you have been able to play 5 hours of fireworks in one day.

I have to disagree with you. There are multiple options for earning credits, but earning credits in quantities that actually make a difference is not easy unless you're someone who can hit the high scores in fireworks. I don't think the credit earning issue is a matter of people failing to manage their time properly, I think the problem is that people manage their time just fine because most people don't consider an online game important enough to budget 5 hours worth of fireworks in order to afford 5* magic, clothing, items, etc.

The way the economy in this game is being handled is shocking to me. Jump starting the economy by removing the flip hat 2 days into the game's opening has caused a massive tidal wave whose effects are still being felt today. I don't necessarily believe removing the flip hat was a mistake, but the timing of it was all wrong and it could have been handled a lot better. The addition of the shell game only made things worse as it reduced credit values to almost nothing because of how stupidly easy it was to earn thousands and thousands of credits. With the abrupt removal of the overflow of credits by reducing shell amounts to 10 credits each further damaged the economy. Though fireworks credits are reasonable and I'm perfectly fine with the payout, the transition from massive amounts of credits to a reasonable amount caused many to be unable to afford the now ridiculously high priced items (for the credits available to us). Those that were able to collect shells for hours at a time and build up impressive amounts of credits were easily able to obtain the more expensive items (magics) and now have more than enough bartering chips in their pockets to obtain rarer items (flip hat). Honestly, the decisions being made from the higher ups about how to boost and maintain the economy has just been mistake after mistake and I don't see any way that it can be brought back down to the reasonable, thriving economy we had in VMK. The flip hat, and then shells, created way too much of an impact on how the economy works now and how the economy works now is not in the favor of the majority of players but instead an elite few.

QueenClarion

I'll say this over and over - Seriously for a game BROUGHT BACK FOR ALL OF US TO ENJOY -- do we all really need to beg borrow trade and work so hard for DISNEY VIRTUAL STUFF (NOT REALLY AMY'S) NOR myVMK.

I'm really depressed the game has turned into a greed fest. Instead of a game for all of us to enjoy... I DON'T HAVE the time or inclination to play fireworks all day to save enough to trade for a green flip hat... I'll do without but it's not making the game fun AT ALL.

aND worse yet, here I'm get blasted by a bunch kids that feel they have the time to play fireworks all day for items or be lucky enough to have bought it with the insider information --- well good for them. I don't have time to clam either so whatever amount they do, doesnt' really matter IT IS ALL A BIG JOKE NOW - that they brought it back FOR ALL OF US TO ENJOY AND REMEMBER. Let me have it I'm used to it ....

S

Spivey

Not everyone has the time to sit down and spend hours playing a game to earn credits for virtual items/pixels. Some of us have real life to attend to. Homework for some people can take up to 5+ hours or more. This game is supposed to be fun, but it's over ran by greedy, selfish and conceited players. The rich get richer on this gamed and the poor get poorer. Deja vue. If some of these rich players could at least be open-minded, maybe something would get accomplished, but due to greed, that doesn't seem likely.
So basically what you're trying to argue is that some of you are too busy and you want Amy to revolve item releasing and credit distribution around your busy schedules because you aren't as rich as other users? Then don't play and get back to your busy schedules. That simple.

Also, trying to say that every rich person in this game is greedy, selfish, and conceited is ignorant because they have the exact same chance at getting rich as you do, they just have more time to do it.

Now that fireworks is here, clams should remain at 10. 25 was good for when there was no mini game and only 2 NPCS but now there are 4 active NPCS, a minigame, and shells worth 10, which I think is good enough. If they made shells 25 again that would make things have close to no value. Some people can get around 6-8 shells a minute, which would be around 150-200 credits in a minute, that is around 1500-2000 credits every ten minutes, which is basically a fireworks game.

Anyway I think everything is fine as it is.

So basically what you're trying to argue is that some of you are too busy and you want Amy to revolve item releasing and credit distribution around your busy schedules because you aren't as rich as other users? Then don't play and get back to your busy schedules. That simple.

Also, trying to say that every rich person in this game is greedy, selfish, and conceited is ignorant because they have the exact same chance at getting rich as you do, they just have more time to do it.

Hi! I don't think she was trying to say that I think she was just trying to say that a lot of us are in high school and college and with that comes a lot of work and less time to get credits to take advantage of all the items out there. If you're not getting a lot of work then congrats because a lot of us are! By the greedy thing she's trying to say that the point of the game is starting to become revolved around items for some people. Some people are greedy lately but I doubt she meant every person.

Items are kind of expensive. There's only one game available at the moment and if you don't have the time to acquire the skill to get credit or just stink at like I do, it's tough to get the items you want. I think it's fair that with only one game out, the items should be cheaper. When more ways to get credits become available with time, then items can become gradually more expensive. I think that would make everyone happy.

I'll say this over and over - Seriously for a game BROUGHT BACK FOR ALL OF US TO ENJOY -- do we all really need to beg borrow trade and work so hard for DISNEY VIRTUAL STUFF (NOT REALLY AMY'S) NOR myVMK.

I'm really depressed the game has turned into a greed fest. Instead of a game for all of us to enjoy... I DON'T HAVE the time or inclination to play fireworks all day to save enough to trade for a green flip hat... I'll do without but it's not making the game fun AT ALL.

aND worse yet, here I'm get blasted by a bunch kids that feel they have the time to play fireworks all day for items or be lucky enough to have bought it with the insider information --- well good for them. I don't have time to clam either so whatever amount they do, doesnt' really matter IT IS ALL A BIG JOKE NOW - that they brought it back FOR ALL OF US TO ENJOY AND REMEMBER. Let me have it I'm used to it ....
Hall

Amen. People don't seem to realize when you go into shells and there are two people getting EVERY shell. When you sit all day Halloween and get TEN pumpkins and only got those because you found a room where one of the greedy greedys didn't follow...It took me an entire month to get 10,000 credits to get my one star bat magic, and to see some of these people with a lanyard full of five stars makes the mind boggle.

I love the Ride a thon type events and quests/mazes where we don't have to compete against the greedy children. We could easily lower item prices for original VMK creations and establish the real economy on NEW creator content. Everyone wins.

Emelon

No, what they're trying to say is what they already stated in their post.
Stormy said:
Not everyone has the time to sit down and spend hours playing a game to earn credits for virtual items/pixels.
They went on to explain why they themselves don't have time to play fireworks for large amounts of time to earn credits to buy items.
Don't try to pick apart someone's post just so you can find some kind of reason to attack them.

Trying to make someone feel small or stupid for explaining by stating they have a busy life is just as ignorant as someone claiming all people who are rich are greedy, selfish, and conceited.

S

Spivey

No, what they're trying to say is what they already stated in their post.

They went on to explain why they themselves don't have time to play fireworks for large amounts of time to earn credits to buy items.
Don't try to pick apart someone's post just so you can find some kind of reason to attack them.

Trying to make someone feel small or stupid for explaining by stating they have a busy life is just as ignorant as someone claiming all people who are rich are greedy, selfish, and conceited.
lol if you actually think i was trying to make somebody feel small or attacking them just because i called them out on how selfish they sounded.

some of you people are so easily flustered.