25 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS!

:santa: ONLY 59 MORE DAYS TILL CHRISTMAS!!!!! :santa:

Meant to post this thread the day it was posted, but since ABC Family's 25 Days Of Christmas schedule was posted, I was wondering, what are your favorite Christmas movies, tv shows, classics? What are you looking forward to the most on the schedule, least looking forward to? Are there any shows/movies you wish they were playing? I'm a little obsessed with Christmas so I'd love to know everyone else's faves and see who else is obsessed with 25 Days like me!

My personal favorites are The Polar Express, Home Alone, Home Alone 2, Christmas Vacation, Christmas With The Kranks, and A Christmas Story, for movies, and for shows, I love all the classics like Year Without A Santa Clause, Little Drummer Boy, etc. Personally don't like the movie, Elf.. such an unpopular opinion, I know, I know.

Here's a link to the schedule in case you haven't already seen it:
http://www.survivingthestores.com/abc-family-christmas-movies-25-days-schedule.html

Polar Express and the Night Mare Before Christmas :santa:

Neda

I'm obsessed with Home Alone 2! I don't know why I love the sequel more than the original but I do.(maybe because it's in New York?)
Oh and How the Grinch Stole Christmas, both the one with Jim Carrey and the original animated version lol

Even though I never watch them completely I really feel like it's Christmas when I see those weird clay/stop-motion Christmas movies lol

I'm obsessed with Home Alone 2! I don't know why I love the sequel more than the original but I do.(maybe because it's in New York?)
Oh and How the Grinch Stole Christmas, both the one with Jim Carrey and the original animated version lol

Even though I never watch them completely I really feel like it's Christmas when I see those weird clay/stop-motion Christmas movies lol
ahh same! the classics are great and def make it feel like christmas!

Marissa

black lives matter
I'm not into Elf too, but everyone else is... it's just so random LOL. I am excited too. It makes the last few days of the semester wonderful instead of miserable with all that testing and final exams.

PrettyBlissfulSky

Stitch Enthusiast
I'm not into Elf too, but everyone else is... it's just so random LOL. I am excited too. It makes the last few days of the semester wonderful instead of miserable with all that testing and final exams.
haha yeah idk what it is about that movie, but it just bothers me! and yes, it definitely helps the end of the semester & always keeps me in a good mood (:

Kelsey

polar!!! express!!!!!!! :swoon:

This movie is just adorable! I love watching this at night when it is cold out and nested in a big blanket with hot cocoa![DOUBLEPOST=1446685693][/DOUBLEPOST]Also the Movie Elf! Ah, that one is funny![DOUBLEPOST=1446685828][/DOUBLEPOST]There is also a real life polar express people can take!
polar!!! express!!!!!!! :swoon:
Polar Express is definitely my all time favorite! It's gonna be on on my birthday and I couldn't be any happier, LOL.

NEVER TOO EARLY FOR NEXT HALLOWEEN.
-Leaves up Halloween decorations all year, plops a santa hat on each skeleton on Dec. 13th, rips them off and burns them on Dec. 26th.-

FIGHT ME
-Flings the Nightmare Before Christmas laserdisc at your face.-
Christmas > Halloween, although Nightmare Before Christmas is a pretty bangin movie

Christmas > Halloween, although Nightmare Before Christmas is a pretty bangin movie
Forewarning: This is based off of my own experience, and I decided to write it all out so you could get in my head a bit.

--

Oh, it looks like you made an error up there. Let me fix it for you.
Halloween > Christmas
Halloween > Birthdays

Halloween is a magical time, free of stress, guilt, and hatred, when people come together and then leave almost immediately. There's also pumpkins, those various fall-colored orbs of wonder, and the calming sense of time change. One can parade around at night without fear, and each individual can feel safe within their own skin. The spirits come back to visit and party with the living, and it's truly unique and joyous. It's not about the candy, or the costumes per se, it's about having the sheer freedom to be who you are and the shared, yet individualized environment to do it in. It's also deeply spiritual if you're into that sort of thing (ie: paranormal, mediumship, etc.), but I won't get too into that since I know a lot of people aren't.

Christmas, on the other hand, is full of expenses, stress, hatred, forced and elongated Human interactions, and stuffy hot indoor environments. With companies wanting more money, and therefore putting out Christmas Decorations before they even put out Halloween ones, it's a reminder to BUY BUY BUY instead of give thanks for what you have and those around you. Christmas music blares when it's still 100 degrees outside, and it fills me with angry anticipation for when I'll be jammed inside a house with too many other people with the thermostat set at 80. I'm an artist, so I make things, and people always leave their gifts behind after I've spent upwards of 50 hours (each) painting or sewing them something especially for them. Christmas is nothing more than degrading and shaming in a formal art form. I come from a low middle class family, and to see my family's face when they couldn't afford something, or to experience such guilt when they got me something so terribly expensive... it made Christmas awful, and honestly, it still does.
I get that this is primarily my own experience.
I'm FINE with the Christmas films and music during the Christmas season because people do not share my experience. However, I will protest when it starts much too soon because it's just not okay to feel this much pressure. It's not okay to go into a grocery store and see children whining over toys and see stressed out parents that don't even know if they'll be able to pay for the few groceries in their cart. No one should feel this way, and it's just plain wrong to force it down upon everyone so darn early.

If the season was still about family, togetherness, and giving back, it would be fine, but it's not anymore. It's even tainting Thanksgiving, by making people work on the day itself and stay away from their families. It's dehumanizing and it's disgusting.

Big companies want more money.
So they put things out earlier each year at raised prices.
Whatever's left by day after is discounted to the original prices.

It's fine for Christmas things to be put up early in tourist destinations and craft/art stores because it serves a purpose. Tourists travel to be together with family, and a lot of places that appeal to them do gorgeous decorations. Crafters and artists make things to sell to people. If they can't get a hold of things months in advance, then they can't make their stock in time.

It's just this big business that Christmas has turned into.
It's just not fun, and it's not worth it, and it's been that way for the 20 years I've been coherent enough to notice it.
I'm a few weeks away from 24, so it's been two decades of guilt and shame. Imagine feeling this way about Christmas and then having your birthday in December. I'm nothing but a burden. I hate causing more stress and financial worry on top of what Christmas season brings. Even if I tell them I just want cake, they keep getting me things and it makes me so upset.
I just want to be with my family and enjoy their company, but material happiness is so jammed into people's minds and (now don't get me wrong, I love stuff, and retail therapy is great in my book, but) I just hate that it's constantly BUYBUYBUY, GIVEGIVEGIVE, and everyone rolls their eyes when it's not a commercial item that they're receiving. We're held to a falsified standard, and we're lead to believe that items make love and keep people around. Diamond rings, the latest technology, cars/hoverboards/KangooJumps. They're what's on everyone's list in some form, and if someone can't provide it for their friends or family, then it's implied that they don't love them enough, and it's revolting.

I'm sorry. Nightmare Before Xmas and Hocus Pocus (Halloween starts in August and goes to February, so your spooky favs are good) are your only choices for this time of the year.

See me after Thanksgiving for your LaserDisk copies of Elf and The Christmas Story.

Forewarning: This is based off of my own experience, and I decided to write it all out so you could get in my head a bit.

--

Oh, it looks like you made an error up there. Let me fix it for you.
Halloween > Christmas
Halloween > Birthdays

Halloween is a magical time, free of stress, guilt, and hatred, when people come together and then leave almost immediately. There's also pumpkins, those various fall-colored orbs of wonder, and the calming sense of time change. One can parade around at night without fear, and each individual can feel safe within their own skin. The spirits come back to visit and party with the living, and it's truly unique and joyous. It's not about the candy, or the costumes per se, it's about having the sheer freedom to be who you are and the shared, yet individualized environment to do it in. It's also deeply spiritual if you're into that sort of thing (ie: paranormal, mediumship, etc.), but I won't get too into that since I know a lot of people aren't.

Christmas, on the other hand, is full of expenses, stress, hatred, forced and elongated Human interactions, and stuffy hot indoor environments. With companies wanting more money, and therefore putting out Christmas Decorations before they even put out Halloween ones, it's a reminder to BUY BUY BUY instead of give thanks for what you have and those around you. Christmas music blares when it's still 100 degrees outside, and it fills me with angry anticipation for when I'll be jammed inside a house with too many other people with the thermostat set at 80. I'm an artist, so I make things, and people always leave their gifts behind after I've spent upwards of 50 hours (each) painting or sewing them something especially for them. Christmas is nothing more than degrading and shaming in a formal art form. I come from a low middle class family, and to see my family's face when they couldn't afford something, or to experience such guilt when they got me something so terribly expensive... it made Christmas awful, and honestly, it still does.
I get that this is primarily my own experience.
I'm FINE with the Christmas films and music during the Christmas season because people do not share my experience. However, I will protest when it starts much too soon because it's just not okay to feel this much pressure. It's not okay to go into a grocery store and see children whining over toys and see stressed out parents that don't even know if they'll be able to pay for the few groceries in their cart. No one should feel this way, and it's just plain wrong to force it down upon everyone so darn early.

If the season was still about family, togetherness, and giving back, it would be fine, but it's not anymore. It's even tainting Thanksgiving, by making people work on the day itself and stay away from their families. It's dehumanizing and it's disgusting.

Big companies want more money.
So they put things out earlier each year at raised prices.
Whatever's left by day after is discounted to the original prices.

It's fine for Christmas things to be put up early in tourist destinations and craft/art stores because it serves a purpose. Tourists travel to be together with family, and a lot of places that appeal to them do gorgeous decorations. Crafters and artists make things to sell to people. If they can't get a hold of things months in advance, then they can't make their stock in time.

It's just this big business that Christmas has turned into.
It's just not fun, and it's not worth it, and it's been that way for the 20 years I've been coherent enough to notice it.
I'm a few weeks away from 24, so it's been two decades of guilt and shame. Imagine feeling this way about Christmas and then having your birthday in December. I'm nothing but a burden. I hate causing more stress and financial worry on top of what Christmas season brings. Even if I tell them I just want cake, they keep getting me things and it makes me so upset.
I just want to be with my family and enjoy their company, but material happiness is so jammed into people's minds and (now don't get me wrong, I love stuff, and retail therapy is great in my book, but) I just hate that it's constantly BUYBUYBUY, GIVEGIVEGIVE, and everyone rolls their eyes when it's not a commercial item that they're receiving. We're held to a falsified standard, and we're lead to believe that items make love and keep people around. Diamond rings, the latest technology, cars/hoverboards/KangooJumps. They're what's on everyone's list in some form, and if someone can't provide it for their friends or family, then it's implied that they don't love them enough, and it's revolting.

I'm sorry. Nightmare Before Xmas and Hocus Pocus (Halloween starts in August and goes to February, so your spooky favs are good) are your only choices for this time of the year.

See me after Thanksgiving for your LaserDisk copies of Elf and The Christmas Story.
First off let me just say, I'm not trying to rush it, I just thought it would be a great topic to bring up on the thread! ABC Family posted their schedule, so why not post it on here? Don't forget that Christmas on VMK is pretty exciting. I am looking forward to December's theme and the gingerbread contest, and all of the cute clothes and pins and furni to come. I seriously didn't mean to offend anyone in any way.. that was not my mindset when writing this thread, but obviously you got upset by it.

In today's society, every holiday is rushed honestly and yes I'll agree they put decorations & candy out a little early for Christmas, but EVERY holiday is like that now, not just Christmas, lol. And Christmas stuff isn't put out when its 100 degrees here, idk what you're saying or where you live.

I agree that it's dehumanizing making people work on Thanksgiving, but people are GOING OUT AND SUPPORTING these stores that are open and their early black friday sales that start on Thanksgiving. People should stay home and not support it and maybe people wont have to work!

I also have a December birthday.. so I don't wanna hear it, lol.

Christmas for me isn't all about the presents or buying & spending either.. I was raised celebrating Christmas in more of the religious aspect and going to church and celebrating the birth of Jesus. JESUS IS THE REASON FOR THE SEASON. I grew up in a one income household since my father left me when I was 3, so I understand how all of that feels. My mom is a single mom who is also sick and works her butt off trying to give me everything she can and I appreciate everything she gets me, no matter how small it is. I don't sit there asking for macbooks and xboxes and cars and diamond rings. I bought myself my OWN laptop. I had to save up and buy myself my OWN car and pay for all of the gas, insurance, drivers ed, and my permit/license testing fees all by myself. Nobody helped me out there! I'm almost 20 years old and FINALLY just got myself my own car, and its still hard trying to make the payments. It sucked having to walk to high school and work and everywhere I had to go while all my friends were driving everywhere in their brand new cars they got for their 16th birthday. It sucked having to take time off to work instead of going straight to college due to financial struggles. In my family Christmas isn't all about showering each other with gifts. A lot of my family only gives out cards or small gifts since that's all they can afford! My religion is Orthodox and therefore I don't celebrate Christmas on December 25th, I celebrate it on January 7th. It sucks for us that it all ends after the 25th and we don't get to enjoy Christmas through our Christmas, so that is why I enjoy the Christmas season so much. I don't mean to rush it, but I don't get to have the Christmas music and movies playing on MY Christmas Eve and Christmas. On Christmas Eve (December 24th), my church hosts a dinner and on Christmas morning (25th), my church hosts a breakfast/lunch for all of those who are homeless or are in need, so they could come and enjoy a warm meal and be with us. We also spend a Saturday baking and surprise them with cookie platters and donate giftcards to them for places like Walmart, where they could buy clothes, food, toiletries, or other items they might need. Yes it isn't all about the gifts, but thats why we don't physically buy them toys, or sweaters, etc. And then on MY Christmas, we spend a majority of our day at church for Liturgy (mass) and go to lunch afterwards with other parishioners. Presents are the last thing my family worries about.

I love winter and snow. I love Christmas movies and the music. I love decorating the house and making Christmas cookies. I love decorating the tree the day after Thanksgiving with my mom. I love driving around looking at the Christmas lights and drinking hot cocoa. There is so much that I enjoy about this season other than the presents, so again, I apologize for being excited..

Halloween was never a really enjoyable holiday for me. My family was never really into the whole magic/paranormal/mediumship kind of thing, so the only thing I ever got out of Halloween was dressing up in a costume and go trick or treating and get candy. It might not be the candy for you and that might not be the legit reason, but that's how Halloween is near me. Even this past Halloween, I did nothing. I stayed in with one of my friends eating Chipotle and we watched Hocus Pocus. So fun, right?

I really hope you understood that when I said NEVER TOO EARLY FOR CHRISTMAS WHAT R U SAYIN I wasn't being completely serious lolol.

People need to stop getting so offended over every little thing.

And please, never make an assumption like that.. you don't know what other people are going through either.

You love Halloween. I love Christmas. You do you, I do me. I respect that 100%, can you?!? We have different opinions and I respect yours.

First off let me just say, I'm not trying to rush it, I just thought it would be a great topic to bring up on the thread! ABC Family posted their schedule, so why not post it on here? Don't forget that Christmas on VMK is pretty exciting. I am looking forward to December's theme and the gingerbread contest, and all of the cute clothes and pins and furni to come. I seriously didn't mean to offend anyone in any way.. that was not my mindset when writing this thread, but obviously you got upset by it.

In today's society, every holiday is rushed honestly and yes I'll agree they put decorations & candy out a little early for Christmas, but EVERY holiday is like that now, not just Christmas, lol. And Christmas stuff isn't put out when its 100 degrees here, idk what you're saying or where you live.

I agree that it's dehumanizing making people work on Thanksgiving, but people are GOING OUT AND SUPPORTING these stores that are open and their early black friday sales that start on Thanksgiving. People should stay home and not support it and maybe people wont have to work!

I also have a December birthday.. so I don't wanna hear it, lol.

Christmas for me isn't all about the presents or buying & spending either.. I was raised celebrating Christmas in more of the religious aspect and going to church and celebrating the birth of Jesus. JESUS IS THE REASON FOR THE SEASON. I grew up in a one income household since my father left me when I was 3, so I understand how all of that feels. My mom is a single mom who is also sick and works her butt off trying to give me everything she can and I appreciate everything she gets me, no matter how small it is. I don't sit there asking for macbooks and xboxes and cars and diamond rings. I bought myself my OWN laptop. I had to save up and buy myself my OWN car and pay for all of the gas, insurance, drivers ed, and my permit/license testing fees all by myself. Nobody helped me out there! I'm almost 20 years old and FINALLY just got myself my own car, and its still hard trying to make the payments. It sucked having to walk to high school and work and everywhere I had to go while all my friends were driving everywhere in their brand new cars they got for their 16th birthday. It sucked having to take time off to work instead of going straight to college due to financial struggles. In my family Christmas isn't all about showering each other with gifts. A lot of my family only gives out cards or small gifts since that's all they can afford! My religion is Orthodox and therefore I don't celebrate Christmas on December 25th, I celebrate it on January 7th. It sucks for us that it all ends after the 25th and we don't get to enjoy Christmas through our Christmas, so that is why I enjoy the Christmas season so much. I don't mean to rush it, but I don't get to have the Christmas music and movies playing on MY Christmas Eve and Christmas. On Christmas Eve (December 24th), my church hosts a dinner and on Christmas morning (25th), my church hosts a breakfast/lunch for all of those who are homeless or are in need, so they could come and enjoy a warm meal and be with us. We also spend a Saturday baking and surprise them with cookie platters and donate giftcards to them for places like Walmart, where they could buy clothes, food, toiletries, or other items they might need. Yes it isn't all about the gifts, but thats why we don't physically buy them toys, or sweaters, etc. And then on MY Christmas, we spend a majority of our day at church for Liturgy (mass) and go to lunch afterwards with other parishioners. Presents are the last thing my family worries about.

I love winter and snow. I love Christmas movies and the music. I love decorating the house and making Christmas cookies. I love decorating the tree the day after Thanksgiving with my mom. I love driving around looking at the Christmas lights and drinking hot cocoa. There is so much that I enjoy about this season other than the presents, so again, I apologize for being excited..

Halloween was never a really enjoyable holiday for me. My family was never really into the whole magic/paranormal/mediumship kind of thing, so the only thing I ever got out of Halloween was dressing up in a costume and go trick or treating and get candy. It might not be the candy for you and that might not be the legit reason, but that's how Halloween is near me. Even this past Halloween, I did nothing. I stayed in with one of my friends eating Chipotle and we watched Hocus Pocus. So fun, right?

I really hope you understood that when I said NEVER TOO EARLY FOR CHRISTMAS WHAT R U SAYIN I wasn't being completely serious lolol.

People need to stop getting so offended over every little thing.

And please, never make an assumption like that.. you don't know what other people are going through either.

You love Halloween. I love Christmas. You do you, I do me. I respect that 100%, can you?!? We have different opinions and I respect yours.
First off, I'm sorry if I upset you with my standpoint. I didn't take offense to your words, and it wasn't my intention to cause you to take offense to mine. I know that I can be blunt, but I never, ever mean anyone ill will with anything I say. I always encourage and appreciate discussions, and I don't see them as arguments/debates.
I wasn't saying that your view was wrong, and I certainly wasn't attacking you in any way, shape, or form. I was giving you background info on why I liked Halloween and why I disliked that Christmas comes earlier and earlier each year.

I'm glad that your experience with Christmas is good, and that it's apparently not as commercialized where you are. I'm in Los Angeles, so everything is always a bit over the top here anyway. It's also always incredibly hot. So hot. Like, today, it was 75, and everyone was bundled up in sweaters (myself included because I have an extensive sweater collection despite the fact I've lived here my entire life and I never travel anymore.) We're usually in the 90s. (Please send snow.)

This is a good topic for the forums, but I can never restrain myself from being like "IT'S TOO EARLY" whenever Christmas is brought up before Thanksgiving. It's embedded in my very being, given the reasons stated in my earlier rambling post up there.

I always forget that there's no 'tone' setting for words. It's very, very difficult to upset me or offend me, and usually when I get vaguely serious, it's in a joking tone.
I'm sorry for taking up your time and that I seem to have upset you.
As stated, it wasn't the intention.

(Also your Halloween sounds like it was amazing. Do you do that $3 costume-burrito deal? I love that they offer that... at least, they offer it in California. I hope you had a great time!)
(I worked on some commissions and gave out candy, then played VMK. Mine was super.)

Vaguely off-topic, but those little stop motion animation specials, like Rudolph... does anyone collect the toys for them? I got my mom Santa's castle one year, with all the bits and pieces, but we never know how to display it. I always want to put it up instead of the tree, lol.

First off, I'm sorry if I upset you with my standpoint. I didn't take offense to your words, and it wasn't my intention to cause you to take offense to mine. I know that I can be blunt, but I never, ever mean anyone ill will with anything I say. I always encourage and appreciate discussions, and I don't see them as arguments/debates.
I wasn't saying that your view was wrong, and I certainly wasn't attacking you in any way, shape, or form. I was giving you background info on why I liked Halloween and why I disliked that Christmas comes earlier and earlier each year.

I'm glad that your experience with Christmas is good, and that it's apparently not as commercialized where you are. I'm in Los Angeles, so everything is always a bit over the top here anyway. It's also always incredibly hot. So hot. Like, today, it was 75, and everyone was bundled up in sweaters (myself included because I have an extensive sweater collection despite the fact I've lived here my entire life and I never travel anymore.) We're usually in the 90s. (Please send snow.)

This is a good topic for the forums, but I can never restrain myself from being like "IT'S TOO EARLY" whenever Christmas is brought up before Thanksgiving. It's embedded in my very being, given the reasons stated in my earlier rambling post up there.

I always forget that there's no 'tone' setting for words. It's very, very difficult to upset me or offend me, and usually when I get vaguely serious, it's in a joking tone.
I'm sorry for taking up your time and that I seem to have upset you.
As stated, it wasn't the intention.

(Also your Halloween sounds like it was amazing. Do you do that $3 costume-burrito deal? I love that they offer that... at least, they offer it in California. I hope you had a great time!)
(I worked on some commissions and gave out candy, then played VMK. Mine was super.)

Vaguely off-topic, but those little stop motion animation specials, like Rudolph... does anyone collect the toys for them? I got my mom Santa's castle one year, with all the bits and pieces, but we never know how to display it. I always want to put it up instead of the tree, lol.
Its okay dont worry about it! I did go to Chipotle actually xD I had to see for myself if the $3 burritos were actually legit! And they opened a new location near me so it was super nice not to have to drive 20 minutes away to one! Haha yeah I'm in CT so its freezing here come Christmas time :/ my aunt has one of those things and she has it displayed on this little hutch thing she has in her house, even though her kids always just end up playing with it!

The Polar Express, Home Alone 1, 2 & 3..Elf, Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Let it Snow with Candace Cameron [its on the hallmark channel], The Santa Clause 1, 2 & 3 (with Tim Allen), Christmas with the Kranks, Snowglobe and of course the classics like Frosty the snowman, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer..etc.