☠AMERICAN HORROR STORY☠

I'm halfway through Freak Show and I was disappointed because it was on the lack luster side. Don't get me wrong, its good but not the American Horror Story material. I really wanted to see more especially with a theme like Freak Show where you can do so much, then again I'm probably setting the bar too high as Murder House and Asylum were soooo good! Episode 8 of Murder House gave me chills. Coven is flawed, but still enjoyable.
So sad that Jessica Lange won't be a part of it though, she is a phenomenal actress and I'll definitely miss her.
Wait..WHAT. Nooooo. :cry:

Visually, Freakshow was stunning, but that's about all it did right for me.

Hotel definitely sounds interesting, but I'm skeptical about Lady Gaga being cast as the lead. I have yet to see her act, and I'm not really a fan to begin with, so...

I just hope they don't use this as an excuse to cram a musical number in every episode (*cough* Freakshow *cough*) or to have irrelevant, mood-killing singing (*cough* Coven *cough*).

mark

10 mins late to everything
guys am i the only one that hated asylum and prefer mh/coven much mroe??[DOUBLEPOST=1425245332][/DOUBLEPOST]
SHE IS SO CUTE

no i love her and all but i think shes a little bland or dry at times i really dont know how to explain it, i liked her in murder house but in coven she seemed so out of place at times
i have to agree she is a bit bland in coven but i think thats how the directors wanted to make it but what do i know im dumb and interested in shipping two people in every show

Last edited:

†_Beast_†

l'antico vampiro
Interested in watching season 4 of this when it comes out on Netflix . Oh and american sniper, I heard that was pretty good. Let's see what else...oh and Charlie's Farm.

Anyone on the net happen to know when these might be out on Netflix? I don't usually keep up with this type of thing

PrinceLava

I actually didn't mind Freakshow. It had a lot of issues but it also had aspects that I liked. Murder House and Asylum are still my favorites though. I'm hoping Hotel will bring back the same darkness that those ones had!

Tbh, Freak Show was my least favorite season and it was really disappointing because I thought it had potential to be one of the best seasons. The entire plot was just ALL over the place to me and it seemed to be missing a certain element to it??? I'm still extremely upset that they didn't go into more detail with the series connection theories like with Sister Mary and Pepper at the asylum. All of that made sense and fit together but Elsa and Sister Jude didn't have any connections. I want to have high hopes for Hotel but without Jessica Lange it's kind of iffy for me. Lady Gaga seems like a pretty good actress especially for something like American Horror Story (if you haven't seen any of her music videos, you should watch them because they can be pretty creepy).

PrinceLava

Tbh, Freak Show was my least favorite season and it was really disappointing because I thought it had potential to be one of the best seasons. The entire plot was just ALL over the place to me and it seemed to be missing a certain element to it??? I'm still extremely upset that they didn't go into more detail with the series connection theories like with Sister Mary and Pepper at the asylum. All of that made sense and fit together but Elsa and Sister Jude didn't have any connections. I want to have high hopes for Hotel but without Jessica Lange it's kind of iffy for me. Lady Gaga seems like a pretty good actress especially for something like American Horror Story (if you haven't seen any of her music videos, you should watch them because they can be pretty creepy).
Yea I feel like Hotel has good potential without Lange only because it gives the show the chance to be changed up a bit. She has been sort of the "head" of each season (besides Murder House), so without her I feel they can take the show in a new direction. And with Lady Gaga starring, I agree with her strange but cool music videos, this has the potential to be a really interesting season! I'm hoping it's better than FS.

Zelena

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!

Lily Rabe is going to be playing a serial killer! Also according to ihorror gaga might be playing The Countess Elizabeth Bathory!!!!

mark

10 mins late to everything
I just found out that
- Delphine LaLaurie is real:
- so is Marie Laveu
- and so is the Axe...woman? (I actually learned about her last year and I did compare them, but I never knew... She murdered her parents.

Coven is my favorite season (please dont argue with me on this one lol its my opinion :P) and knowing this makes me love it even more hehe

PrinceLava

I just found out that
- Delphine LaLaurie is real:
- so is Marie Laveu
- and so is the Axe...woman? (I actually learned about her last year and I did compare them, but I never knew... She murdered her parents.

Coven is my favorite season (please dont argue with me on this one lol its my opinion :P) and knowing this makes me love it even more hehe

Yea there are many people featured on the show that were real. For example one season one the Black Dahlia was real. Season four Edward Mordake was a real person, etc.....That's what makes AHS so awesome. :0

guys am i the only one that hated asylum and prefer mh/coven much mroe??[DOUBLEPOST=1425245332][/DOUBLEPOST]
i have to agree she is a bit bland in coven but i think thats how the directors wanted to make it but what do i know im dumb and interested in shipping two people in every show
i feel the same way!! i watched like 75% of asylum and never finished it because I would just get bored, but i LOVED coven and REALLY loved murder house.

Bindingkey

Excited for Hotel!!!!!!! I love Lady Gaga already, but I was always pretty psyched for Hotel.

Now to weigh in on the whole Freakshow review, like I've accepted that AHS as an anthology series works with different narratives and themes in every season. Given that, it sort of adopts the genre it's working with.

• Murder House is pretty basic, a haunted house with a lot of characters, works with family drama primarily
  • Asylum is a suspense/thriller and a mystery narrative, considerably darker in atmosphere and aesthetic, very noir-ish
  • Coven operates how a tv series would work, grow, and write if it were given much longer to develop naturally; it wasn't really scary or eerie, it was just dark and very adult in topic; and by the end of the season you felt like you had attached to the characters
  • Freakshow was like Game of Thrones went to the circus, it was chaotic, it didn't really have a direction, and it capitalized on campy horror and needless gore; I think that's what the theme for the season was, killer clowns that got really bloody; the issue that came from it was that with people dying every other episode, it kinda lost its edge halfway through and just became tedious to be attached to characters that would most likely end up dying anyway

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
when ppl say hotel isn't going to be about gaga

nonetheless holy HECK i've been counting down the days!! going to be sobbing w joy come tonight!!