Big Brother S16 Discussion Thread

aceastrofan

The one and only...
Watching this season of Big Brother is like watching last season of Survivor. The final 3 are the girl who doesn't win anything, the athlete, and the cop in hiding. The athlete knows he would lose if he takes the cop, but chooses to anyway because of their alliance (Or at least it'll be that way if Cody wins part 3).

Absolutely. Last night when Derrick and Victoria were playing the comp, Cody was talking out loud to himself. He was going through Jury votes and coming up short against Derrick by his own calculations. Then he says out loud "Derrick you have to win this so we can crush it at finale." ???? If he doesn't think he has the votes against Derrick, why would he want to go to the end with Derrick? What is wrong with him? I just don't get it. Why are they all content to play for second when they can play for first? Its so frustrating to watch.

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
I watched the finale tonight after having skipped the last few week's due to Donny being evicted and my dislike of 99% of the remaining houseguests. SO happy that Donny won some money and I hope that he's able to keep a large sum of it because he is such a gentle person. It's comforting to see personalities like him in a day and age where immaturity, drama and disrespect is favored. #teamDONNY (I wonder if he likes Oreos? ;))

The best player won. I was disappointed in Donny's vote, but his explanation was that he told Cody and only Cody, if he made it to final 2 he would vote for him. Jocosta was irrelevant in the house and irrelevant in her bitter vote. Caleb is still an egomaniac thinking he "bomb squad" creator won Derrick the money. Frankie at Jury deliberation and during the live show came off as arrogant. Was nice to see Frankie and Caleb taken down not even being in the top 3 for Americas Fav. And the most shocking vote of the night......Christine not voting for the love of her life, Cody? Didnt see that coming!

All in all, that was the most boring season ever. No drama, no power shifts, no surprise evictions. It was all too predictable. Here's hoping for a better season next year. Until then, I'm all about Survivor and The Amazing Race. Thank you fellow fans for this thread. It was fun sharing my guilty pleasure with you.

Donny winning AFP with over 5 million votes made my night, and hearing that the other top votes were Zach and Nicole was too perfect (x). Omg Frankie's face was priceless (x). Plus Donny made as much as Cody with AFP and the missions which is awesome. Did you all see his thank you message? (I put it below) I heard that explanation too @MumIsAlwaysRight (x, around 2:38) and it's good he kept his word to Cody. If Cody had back stabbed Derrick, and picked Victoria over him he'd probably win, and it would have been shocking. One major problem I had with the finale was that the Jury members' family are not allowed to be in the audience (Tim, Christine's husband, had even tweeted that), yet Ariana Grande was allowed to sit in the audience.. typical. Anyways, I agree it was nice discussing BB with you all this year and I watch Amazing Race too!

Last edited:
Jury members' family are not allowed to be in the audience (Tim, Christine's husband, had even tweeted that), yet Ariana Grande was allowed to sit in the audience
Yup. And they sat her right behind Victoria's family so she was viewable.

I watch Amazing Race too!
Yassssss!! Can I just say, I'm already annoyed. Every last preview of AR has been the girl who lost her arm. Has she and will she do wonderful things with her life? Yes. Is she the only person on the show? No. I understand that her story is compelling, but it would be nice to see previews of other racers. On a positive note. I'm glad it is on Friday nights instead of Sunday. CBS never gives adequate time slots for its sports, so not having to change up my DVR every time will be a welcome relief. The last 2 seasons I quit watching because of that. Maybe enough people like me tuned out and caused the switch. At least that's what I like to think :)

Navii

Yup. And they sat her right behind Victoria's family so she was viewable.

Yassssss!! Can I just say, I'm already annoyed. Every last preview of AR has been the girl who lost her arm. Has she and will she do wonderful things with her life? Yes. Is she the only person on the show? No. I understand that her story is compelling, but it would be nice to see previews of other racers. On a positive note. I'm glad it is on Friday nights instead of Sunday. CBS never gives adequate time slots for its sports, so not having to change up my DVR every time will be a welcome relief. The last 2 seasons I quit watching because of that. Maybe enough people like me tuned out and caused the switch. At least that's what I like to think :)
I agree. I have gottena bit agitated the past couple of years because Big Brother & Amazing Race were postponed because of a game or another show. Hopefully it's a good change :)

I only saw the preview with Tim and Te Jay (I don't watch CBS except for BB and Amazing Race lol). I enjoy it being on Friday as well. I'm glad those girls were eliminated tonight, karma for taking the marker from the firefighters who were there first.