HOST Prize Values

Lost

In the old vmk you could easily trade for items without any firewalls because other items were desired and had value. In myvmk you can’t easily trade for high priced items without firewalls.

That being said, maybe trying to keep host prizes at a higher value could help the economy and bridge the gap between the “rich” and the “poor” since everyone would have an equal chance to win the prizes. If you have to wait months for a Host Prize to be worth something, that is where the rich get richer because they are smart enough to buy low while they can and sell high when the demand increases.

Also, giftcards could help bridge the gap (:
I agree. This is what I'm talking about.

Also I'd like to ask people to try remain at least somewhat on topic x_x This is a thread about a bigger variety of HOST prizes each month and maybe certain events with one time only prizes. I don't see people complaining that firewalls were sold for a day or that inferno was won at the event of 2 events, i.e. 2 separate days. I don't see why we can't add some variety and fun with rarer items to balance out the mentality that the only thing of value is a firewall. Super rares such as stitch used to be worth 50-60 firewalls and now people are saying they are still that but if you pay in pure firewalls then its 35-40 firewalls, it's crazy. We need more balance with items that can help even out the economy.

Also this isn't just about value. It's also about adding more variety and adding a bit of a twist by maybe having a small number of events with one item as a prize to shake this game up a bit more.

MamaNutty

Old vmk 13 k for a firewall
Myvmk 20k for a firewall
We have another form of currency in game currently it's called " Sprees"
For those of you whom think Firewalls are running this economy .. Think again..
I have offered huge amounts of firewalls 10+ for numerous items & guess what... Ppl want " Ultra rares"
As far as saying that you could purchase these quest cards on line...
That's another issue bc... These players are actually purchasing items via Facebook group.
Why bother wasting time & energy in game when you can just BUY the item.
Very discouraging !!!!
@Lost the " Twist" this month was Silver ears & sparrow ears.
Problem with that was... To many we're being pulled.. Which is a good thing for many of us... But bad thing if you invest all your rares into getting the keys & crates.

Jasmine

I agree. This is what I'm talking about.

Also I'd like to ask people to try remain at least somewhat on topic x_x This is a thread about a bigger variety of HOST prizes each month and maybe certain events with one time only prizes. I don't see people complaining that firewalls were sold for a day or that inferno was won at the event of 2 events, i.e. 2 separate days. I don't see why we can't add some variety and fun with rarer items to balance out the mentality that the only thing of value is a firewall. Super rares such as stitch used to be worth 50-60 firewalls and now people are saying they are still that but if you pay in pure firewalls then its 35-40 firewalls, it's crazy. We need more balance with items that can help even out the economy.

Also this isn't just about value. It's also about adding more variety and adding a bit of a twist by maybe having a small number of events with one item as a prize to shake this game up a bit more.
To be fair, your comment about firewalls being the only currency is actually what got people off topic so... :P

Overall, though, I agree that something should be done so that other items have a value as well. I'm just not sure if HOST items will ever been as desired as they used to be (remember when having a bunch of white snowmen was a good thing?) Perhaps other people feel the same way as well, and that's why your comment lead to other topics - perhaps instead of HOST items being more valued, something else in game needs to fill that gap.

Myvmk 20k for a firewall
I have offered huge amounts of firewalls 10+ for numerous items & guess what... Ppl want " Ultra rares"
That's another issue bc... These players are actually purchasing items via Facebook group.
Very discouraging !!!!
That wasn't the point. There were sprees on VMK too. The point of this thread, and of the comments that have agreed with it, is that we need OTHER items to be used as currencies in addition to firewalls and credit sprees (which are usually only desired when new releases come out anyway).

Lost

Myvmk 20k for a firewall
Very discouraging !!!!
In VMK you could attain items from in-parks to keep a supply. HOST and Quest prizes kept some value because there was such a large player base. The same things can't be said about this game.

I still think credits should be the main feature in an economy, not an item. Credits are available to all and can be used for trading, clothing and room building.

Yes RWT happens but thats a topic for another thread.

MamaNutty

This topic has been brought up time & time again.
Just beating a dead horse.
Go on have fun.. Trade for what you want...
The players have created this turmoil.
You never know what can be rerelease at anytime..
Can't make everybody happy!
Enjoy what we have while we have it & remember... It's Virtual:)

nickky37

I sure sprees all the time I just don't have the time to waste to pay 20k+ for a firewall as I want to buy new things also. I wish I could. I am not aiming my comments at anyone this is just the way I see things.

Jasmine

I sure sprees all the time I just don't have the time to waste to pay 20k+ for a firewall as I want to buy new things also. I wish I could. I am not aiming my comments at anyone this is just the way I see things.
Yes. It would be nice if people could attain firewalls (and other desired items) in other ways than credit sprees, for example, as Lost was saying, trading valued HOST items. But with us having an event (and sometimes two) every single day and with them all having the same prize, I just can't see HOST prizes ever having a value. :shrug:

But then if the prizes were changed too frequently in a month, then the prizes could end up becoming too rare and too hard to attain so I don't know...

Geggy

I was a big trader on vmk & very specifically remember this:
28 firewalls=Stitch Hat
3 Stitch Hats= inferno
Yet I don't remember ppl complaining about firewalls back then. Yes they were used as a game currency.. So what's the problem?
People did complain back then, too. I know I complained about the value of firewalls being over inflated (like here), but others did complain about firewalls being the base of currency. I came across this a month ago and chuckled at how similar the two games actually are:

vmkf link

I am a collector rather than a "real" trader and I just want one of all the pins/certain other items so this month's Host events have been pure heaven as far as I am concerned. I managed to get all 5 pins (including room) without having to sell my soul. There are a few of us who can't get to many of the Host events due to different time zones and with them being based on luck even if you do manage to get in makes it very difficult for us to get the prizes. My vote would be to keep it like this month and have "devalued" Host prizes so more of us can appreciate them.

However, having said that I do understand the need for something to bridge the gap for those who do trade or want the more desirable items but I don't think Host prizes are the way to go. GCs seem a better approach as that way those who do want to trade up can have easy access to them rather than selling their souls to get a rare before selling their souls again to get the super-rare, ad-infinitum.

Lost

However, having said that I do understand the need for something to bridge the gap for those who do trade or want the more desirable items but I don't think Host prizes are the way to go. GCs seem a better approach as that way those who do want to trade up can have easy access to them rather than selling their souls to get a rare before selling their souls again to get the super-rare, ad-infinitum.
Well I've made other threads regarding GCs and considering staffs response it seems unlikely we will get giftcards, at least not any time soon.

Lost

The recent keys and crates got me many things that were out of my reach. They really helped me build up for bigger trades.
Exactly but as I said, that way of awarding prizes enforces the idea of the richer getting richer. Also we don't even know if there will be another crate system, and if there is who's to say if there will be super rares or not to allow people to trade for items they want.

That's why I suggested this. Not to try make it things harder for everyone, but to give everyone at chance to get items of value from an event that really should give items of value.