[MYVMK Experience]: OS X Mavericks and Yosemite!

Peaches

i have no gender & i must scream
I'm having a new problem. Only with Haunted Mansion so far. I get this popup and then freeze. (or vice versa, I'm not really sure...)

Bird

MyVMKPal Webmaster Dev
Disconnection issue for me too.

OSX 10.10

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013)
Processor : 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory : 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics : NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB

I love you so much for this. :twist: At first i was having some trouble..but 3rd time was a charm and i was able to log in without getting a message saying i had multiple accounts logged in.

KrazyKid

*Not actually crazy
I think the way to fix it is to get to the screen where it says you have to re-authenticate and press the log out thing. This seemed to allow me to log on. Maybe the client thinks you're already logged on since you didn't exit the game properly (clicking the "x" to logout, instead of just closing the application). I don't know, let me know if this works for you guys. I've tried many things to get it working and certain things seem to make it work again, but then when I try it again, it doesn't work... So it could just be random.

This is a really good hypothesis for the problem however, shockwave is not able to gain access to a computer's MAC Address. That isn't something that the program can gain access to.
Hm. Then how does it check for clones? It certainly doesn't do it by IP. It definitely does it by how many accounts you have connected from the same computer.

I've always heard even on old VMK that they can ban you by mac address as opposed to by IP. (Or at least somehow ban you by the specific computer you're on)

Do you think there is another way (other than shockwave) the server/website can check what computer we're specifically on or what our mac address is?

so my experience with myvmk is a little buggy. i can deal with buggy. but, it keeps saying i am logged in with more than one account, and i am most certainly not. i only have one account linked with myvmk experience and i have not tried to use any other account.

edit: i'm using mavericks but as its been said, it is supposed to work under both. would i have different results under yosemite?

Attachments

dolan

acnl enthusiast
i keep trying to log in and it gets to the loading screen with the picture of hm and the staff but then it just goes black and stops working.
do macs come with firewall software bc i didn't ever download one but something like that may be blocking it. my mac is only 3-4 months old so i dont think its the computer itself but idk

Last edited:

oatman

Disconnection issue for me too.

OSX 10.10

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013)
Processor : 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory : 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics : NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB
Funny. I have the exact same macbook... 100% identical..
I still cannot replicate the multiple account disconnect thing. The only way to fix this is if Amy will give me some insight as to how she is detecting clones. If she doesn't want to give me this information I'm gonna have to break out Wireshark and my packet sniffer and severely play around with the client till I figure it out anyway.

I have replicated however:
*The haunted mansion BSS/Data invalid memory address lookup hang/crash
*Internet Connection Not Found UI Glitch

HEY! I think I may have found something that be of help?

I just noticed that the Driver or something (Not entirely sure?) was listed for MyVMK experience under "Devices" in my Finder window. Once I "ejected" it, it allowed me to log on seamlessly. I'm not sure if this was due to pure luck, or if that has something to do with it. All I know is that it just worked for me and I'm in the game..

Last edited:
Is this a better alternative than a virtual machine? Or is this a virtual machine? Because I'm using VirtualBox right now and it can be pretty frustrating at times...

I'm not sure exactly what I did, but I am no longer having the too many accounts signed on issue.

EDIT: Just kidding, it started doing the too many accounts error again.

Last edited:

jedeye

HEY! I think I may have found something that be of help?

I just noticed that the Driver or something (Not entirely sure?) was listed for MyVMK experience under "Devices" in my Finder window. Once I "ejected" it, it allowed me to log on seamlessly. I'm not sure if this was due to pure luck, or if that has something to do with it. All I know is that it just worked for me and I'm in the game..
you were just ejecting the installer I believe,

I tried deleting and reinstalling it, but still no progress. This is definitely a step up from not being able to load at all though haha