New Fantasyland public rooms

Bindingkey

since this month is Fantasyland Revisited month, it'd be kinda cool to sort of refresh the look of some Fantasyland rooms and add a couple new ones

I recognize this would be kinda difficult to do since the Fantasyland map is stuffed already, and a bit controversial as far as preserving the original looks of these rooms, but I'm only suggesting this for fun, and besides Disney Parks have always been changed to reinvent themselves and keep up with the things that are more relevant. Why shouldn't VMK do the same? As much as I love the game as it is, giving some public rooms a fresh new look would be nice imo

Now, I'm no designer, I suck. If other people could weigh in that would be lovely, and just dump it in here. But keep in mind, I'm just providing a few visual examples.

Fantasyland Courtyard

new fantasyland 03.jpg
Wouldn't it be cool to have other dark rides rotating in and out of these two buildings? Switch up and redesign the facades to accommodate different rides - like Pinocchio's Daring Journey, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh, and Under The Sea Journey of The Little Mermaid. Perhaps they could be seasonal switches, or every few months the rides are swapped out. Equally, the Small World Imports store can change dark ride set piece availability based on what dark rides are up for the time being. This is the most time consuming suggestion I have to make, so it's understandable if this will not be an option in the near future.

The North Mountain

new fantasyland 02.jpg
Not that I don't love Matterhorn, just this public room is very bland in my own personal opinion. Aspects should remain the same, like the tunnel should lead to the Yeti's lair. However, I just think it would look better rethemed to Frozen's North Mountain, with a view of Elsa's ice palace in the distance and, through harsh wintery wind, you hear Elsa singing 'Let It Go' as if she's far away.

This was actually the first idea for a complete retheme of Fantasyland I had, and I think it's a nice, minimalist effort to incorporate Frozen around the public rooms.

Seven Dwarfs Mine

new fantasyland 01.jpg
This public room would get very minimalist alterations in order to emphasize that those mine tunnels lead you into new rooms for mining caves themed to the new Seven Dwarfs Mine Train ride. I'd suggest re-themeing some of the Big Thunder Mountain rooms and essentially giving the Hide and Seek Forest this new repurpose.

Honestly, I think it'd be exciting to incorporate the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, which is easily one of the more recently popular attractions and has been quickly considered a classic ride.

Storybookland
new fantasyland 04.jpg
With the new changes going on around it, the beanstalk that once led to Fantasy In The Sky would be appropriately changed into a Scandinavian cottage with the end of a mountain path just behind it. I also think some of the little houses should get a little more distinct rethemeing to houses featured in the canal ride but that's just me.

The path next to Monstro, in my opinion, should lead to the brand-new installment to Fantasyland...

Belle's Village

Themed to the village in New Fantasyland, it would be so cool to see this added during Fantasyland Revisited. And with Gaston's Tavern as another public room, I don't doubt people would just keep coming to visit and hang out.

This might be pushing it a little, but I'd love to see a path to the right that leads to...

Prince Eric's Castle

Another little New Fantasyland hangout for people to go to themed on the facade to the Under The Sea attraction. It would be so cool to see this happen in its entirety.

And I'm not even going to mention in detail how it would also be interesting to see the Be Our Guest Ballroom dining room and Ariel's Grotto become available guest rooms as part of the celebration. This month could lead to a more detailed expansion, if none of these happen, in the future - surrounding the New Fantasyland WDW expansion.

Karalora

Rather than changing the Fantasyland Courtyard, I'd prefer to have new dark rides accessible from thematically appropriate public rooms elsewhere in Fantasyland--Snow White/Mine Train from the Hide And Seek Forest, Pinocchio through Monstro's mouth in Storybookland, etc.

The path next to Monstro appears to slope down toward the bay, so it would be weird to have it lead to Belle's Village, which is apparently nowhere near the coast. Instead, that could be the path toward the Little Mermaid dark ride. I get the impression that it's much harder to create new public rooms than new guest rooms--as evidenced by the fact that the hosts have actually done the latter--so the village/tavern and other brand-new environments might do better as guest rooms.

I'm afraid I have to come out against turning Fantasyland In The Sky into the North Mountain. While I'm not entirely sure what part of Disneyland/Magic Kingdom FITS is supposed to represent, it has views of the Matterhorn, a pirate ship, Skull Rock (or the Forbidden Temple?), and a Dumbo-esque carnival, all of which are important fixtures of Disneyland and/or Magic Kingdom, while Arendelle is definitely not. I love MyVMK for being like the Platonic Form of a Disney "castle park," so I'd prefer to limit the public rooms to concepts that actually exist in said parks.

That said, the North Mountain or the interior of Elsa's castle might make for excellent guest rooms, especially with the winter holiday season gearing up.

Last edited:
I like the ideas and everything BUT the majority of the changes are Disney World changes and this game is a virtual Disneyland. We have no Dwarf Mine Train, Belle's Village. The little mermaid ride is in the other park (California Adventure) and Winnie the Pooh is in critter country. Now i think it would be cool to add critter country to the map as it's a land in our disneyland that isn't in the game. Same as Toontown. i just don't think we should turn a Disneyland Game into a Walt Disney World game. just my thoughts

Bindingkey

I like the ideas and everything BUT the majority of the changes are Disney World changes and this game is a virtual Disneyland. We have no Dwarf Mine Train, Belle's Village. The little mermaid ride is in the other park (California Adventure) and Winnie the Pooh is in critter country. Now i think it would be cool to add critter country to the map as it's a land in our disneyland that isn't in the game. Same as Toontown. i just don't think we should turn a Disneyland Game into a Walt Disney World game. just my thoughts
we have Epcot and Animal Kingdom guest rooms though? sure they're just guest rooms, but it's a little unrealistic to assume that any and all future public rooms should be limited to just the California park. Also, there are inconsistencies in current public rooms to the Disneyland counterpart, such as both the Sci-Fi Dine In which is located in Hollywood Studios, Disney World, and there is no Main Street Dance Party whatsoever. And Pirates is located in Adventureland, whereas it's located in New Orleans Square in Disneyland, an area of the map that wasn't added into VMK well into the original run of the game. I don't disagree in that MyVMK should continue to emulate the Disneyland park more than the others, since that was the inspiration and intention, but I don't think it's a bad thing to incorporate other themed public rooms for other parks.

Frinklebumper

Bumper of Frinkles
I like the ideas and everything BUT the majority of the changes are Disney World changes and this game is a virtual Disneyland. [...]
[...] I don't disagree in that MyVMK should continue to emulate the Disneyland park more than the others, since that was the inspiration and intention, but I don't think it's a bad thing to incorporate other themed public rooms for other parks.
The game is kind of a Frankenstein's-monster of all the Disney parks. Almost all of Fantasyland is based on Disneyland Paris, and Adventureland on Disney World. Heck, just in the Esplanade you can see the WDW, DLRP, and Tokyo Disney castles along with California Adventure, MGM, AK and Epcot.

So as long as rooms resemble Disney Parks of some kind, I'm personally cool with any additions! (Though rooms are admittedly very hard for the designers and coders). I'd love to try making some soon! :)

Bindingkey

Rather than changing the Fantasyland Courtyard, I'd prefer to have new dark rides accessible from thematically appropriate public rooms elsewhere in Fantasyland--Snow White/Mine Train from the Hide And Seek Forest, Pinocchio through Monstro's mouth in Storybookland, etc.

The path next to Monstro appears to slope down toward the bay, so it would be weird to have it lead to Belle's Village, which is apparently nowhere near the coast. Instead, that could be the path toward the Little Mermaid dark ride. I get the impression that it's much harder to create new public rooms than new guest rooms--as evidenced by the fact that the hosts have actually done the latter--so the village/tavern and other brand-new environments might do better as guest rooms.

I'm afraid I have to come out against turning Fantasyland In The Sky into the North Mountain. While I'm not entirely sure what part of Disneyland/Magic Kingdom FITS is supposed to represent, it has views of the Matterhorn, a pirate ship, Skull Rock (or the Forbidden Temple?), and a Dumbo-esque carnival, all of which are important fixtures of Disneyland and/or Magic Kingdom, while Arendelle is definitely not. I love MyVMK for being like the Platonic Form of a Disney "castle park," so I'd prefer to limit the public rooms to concepts that actually exist in said parks.

That said, the North Mountain or the interior of Elsa's castle might make for excellent guest rooms, especially with the winter holiday season gearing up.
I wanted to reply to this earlier but I had little time

The idea to bring out more rooms to house different rides is a good one, my issue is that there really wouldn't be an incentive similar to SITS pins to keep people coming back to ride them unless one was created for that area solely, which imo would just be complicated??? Like my suggestion is solely created to localize all Fantasyland dark rides in one area and to keep the system working through the circulation of all the rides. I'm not opposed at all to having them located in other areas I just think it'd be a little complicated to sustain a SITS system when the rides are separated considerably.

As for the North Mountain, it moreso comes with the fact that for some reason the scene looks really dated to me idk. Anyway I understand what you mean by keeping the public rooms more related to in-park things. My thing is that, this is still a virtual Disney park, and we could allow it to be more of an extension of the parks rather than just a recreation, which is why I think all of these things would be cool.

Daykota

What I'd like to see is the Alice in Wonderland Maze from Paris and Tokyo incorporated into Fantasyland. It's been a hit for years. Also, Dumbo's Circus would be awesome, and could lead to a new mini game like Tap Tap Birdy or whatever it's called, but with Dumbo.

Last edited:

ZachTWB

Disneyland obsessed
VMK is a mix of all the Disney Theme Parks. If you notice some of the public rooms look no where near Disneyland Park in California, that's because some of them are designed after some of the other Disney theme parks around the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in complete agreement!
I would rather see new rides (which are generally just decorated Dark Ride Guest Rooms, and with the Ride-A-Thons, it's been proven that those rooms can be hidden AND be made in general) than re-skinned areas.

VMK was made to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Disneyland, and in turn, the other theme parks that had been made. There are elements of all the parks that had been built at the time, including Maleficent under the castle from the Paris park. I even recall that while Hong Kong was being built, the designers had integrated it into the design of VMK. It was mentioned on the tour you could sign up for if you did enough of the quests in-park. (I loved that thing.)

So, in short, VMK isn't just Virtual Disneyland, it's a combination of all of the Disney theme parks, but virtual and accessible to all.[DOUBLEPOST=1446470564][/DOUBLEPOST]

I would rather see new rides (which are generally just decorated Dark Ride Guest Rooms, and with the Ride-A-Thons, it's been proven that those rooms can be hidden AND be made in general) than re-skinned areas.

VMK was made to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Disneyland, and in turn, the other theme parks that had been made. There are elements of all the parks that had been built at the time, including Maleficent under the castle from the Paris park. I even recall that while Hong Kong was being built, the designers had integrated it into the design of VMK. It was mentioned on the tour you could sign up for if you did enough of the quests in-park. (I loved that thing.)

So, in short, VMK isn't just Virtual Disneyland, it's a combination of all of the Disney theme parks, but virtual and accessible to all.[DOUBLEPOST=1446470645][/DOUBLEPOST]

So, in short, VMK isn't just Virtual Disneyland, it's a combination of all of the Disney theme parks, but virtual and accessible to all.

I have been wanting a Snow White dark ride for the longest time. I wish the courtyard was extended more to incorporate more of the dark rides. It would be cool if they somehow made like a Mad Tea Party mini game of some sorts. Fantasyland, like New Orleans Square, is one of the prettiest areas of VMK, there's just not much to do.