October Costume Schedule

I love the planning and organization you did but I think I'd rather just see a few of the full costumes come out each friday like they use to on VMK. There are always other months and occasions to release more hats and stuff. Look at the long term picture as well. Not every costume and decoration would have to be released this Halloween. What will we do next year? I want to be able to buy some bat magic too! Those were 10K a pin! With that and all the costumes I had a hard enough time my first halloween in 2006 buying everything.
I don't really think people should be able to buy everything, at least not easily :P If everyone has everything, then it won't have any value, at least not for a long time.

I don't think all of these costumes should be released in one month (especially since October will be MVMK's first full month) but these costumes I felt were the best fitting to be released for Halloween and wanted to include them all. Just in case a staff member sees this and decides to use it, they have lots of things to choose from without having to go through the long list of VMK clothing and trying to figure out dates to release them on. It could save them time, which was my main reason for doing this since I know they are very busy.

Pink princess and black mansion could easily be sold on Valentine's Day, and space suit I believe was released on New Years in VMK, though I could be wrong. Tron could be released some other time, I just thought it could fit well as a Halloween costume. Explorer outfit is rather plain and could be generic store clothes. I wouldn't mind if the Native American outfit was never released, since it is kind of offensive, but that's not a discussion for here and it's a popular outfit a lot of people want. Different colors could be released throughout the year for different occasions just so the stores aren't stagnant for long periods of time.

I don't really think people should be able to buy everything, at least not easily :P If everyone has everything, then it won't have any value, at least not for a long time.

I don't think all of these costumes should be released in one month (especially since October will be MVMK's first full month) but these costumes I felt were the best fitting to be released for Halloween and wanted to include them all. Just in case a staff member sees this and decides to use it, they have lots of things to choose from without having to go through the long list of VMK clothing and trying to figure out dates to release them on. It could save them time, which was my main reason for doing this since I know they are very busy.

Pink princess and black mansion could easily be sold on Valentine's Day, and space suit I believe was released on New Years in VMK, though I could be wrong. Tron could be released some other time, I just thought it could fit well as a Halloween costume. Explorer outfit is rather plain and could be generic store clothes. I wouldn't mind if the Native American outfit was never released, since it is kind of offensive, but that's not a discussion for here and it's a popular outfit a lot of people want. Different colors could be released throughout the year for different occasions just so the stores aren't stagnant for long periods of time.

I agree with that. How come a few of the items are being released twice in the month though? Usually if you missed your chance you had to trade for it or hope it came back next year.

I agree with that. How come a few of the items are being released twice in the month though? Usually if you missed your chance you had to trade for it or hope it came back next year.
I felt that since the oddball hats weren't available for 5 days in a row like the costumes, they should be available a couple times throughout the month. Looking back though, I don't think I should have done that with all the hats. I like that Sorcerer and King's Crown are available twice on the weekends. Since they are more popular than the other four, it gives more people a chance to get them. However, I don't think Maleficent, jester, etc should be available again on Halloween, because they aren't as popular so it just doesn't really make much sense to release them again. It would just clutter up the stores with hats most people aren't going to want.

Lost

I just we get some costumes at halloween :) I'd also hope they were VMK prices, even though its early on making them cheaper doesnt make sense to me.

Looking at it, I do agree that it is a little oversaturated with costumes. I also agree with possibly pushing them to Friday like before, and release maybe two costumes at a time? One more girl oriented and one more guy oriented?

Monorail

I personally think this is a really good because most of the items aren't out all month. I just worry about credits because fireworks won't be open when the game opens, but other than that, love these ideas!

Geggy

Personally, I'd like a schedule, as in, I know when new items are coming, but I don't know what they are. That's half the fun!
So you're saying that you want to stay regular? ;)

All kidding aside, I do think a basic schedule would be a great idea. A certain day for releases would be great (Fridays, and retired on Tuesdays?).

So you're saying that you want to stay regular? ;)

All kidding aside, I do think a basic schedule would be a great idea. A certain day for releases would be great (Fridays, and retired on Tuesdays?).
Yeah, the schedule I made is kind of all over the place. But I think it's okay because that way each costume would be available for five days in a row, and there's six sets of five days with my schedule vs. four sets of five days with Fri-Tues. Although, costumes being sold on 21/31 rather than 31/31 days is still good because it gives people a bit of down time. People would know that new things are coming out every Friday is nice too, though I kind of like that my schedule is so sporadic because not everyone would follow it and there would be that element of surprise when they found out there was new stuff in the stores. If everything was always on Friday, people would already know and it wouldn't be as surprising.

Perhaps I should make a revised schedule-

Oct. 1-5 Princess Dress Yellow, Cowboy Outfit Black
6-10 Pirate Costumes, Native American Outfit
16-20 Superhero Suit Green, Superhero Suit Purple
26-30 Princess Dress Blue, Haunted Mansion Suit Gray
31-Nov. 1 Witch, Vampire

Oct. 5-6 Maleficent Hat, King's Crown
12-13 Jester Hat, Sorcerer Mickey Hat
19-20 Mad Hatter Hat, King's Crown
26-27 Musketeer Hat, Sorcerer Mickey Hat

*Costumes that could be easily released at another time (Tron, Space Suit, and Explorer) have been dropped
*Colorations that can be released at another time have been dropped (Pink princess and Black mansion- Valentine's, for example)
*Two of the middle five day sets have been dropped, so people have more down time to focus on other things.
*Hats are basically the same, just without them being resold on Halloween.
*Could work with a Fri-Tues schedule versus my sporadic schedule

This schedule is a lot more reasonable I think. Not too many costumes and colors, not constantly being sold, and it's still plenty enough to make a VMK Halloween feel complete.

Geggy

Yeah, the schedule I made is kind of all over the place. But I think it's okay because that way each costume would be available for five days in a row, and there's six sets of five days with my schedule vs. four sets of five days with Fri-Tues. Although, costumes being sold on 21/31 rather than 31/31 days is still good because it gives people a bit of down time. People would know that new things are coming out every Friday is nice too, though I kind of like that my schedule is so sporadic because not everyone would follow it and there would be that element of surprise when they found out there was new stuff in the stores. If everything was always on Friday, people would already know and it wouldn't be as surprising.

Perhaps I should make a revised schedule-
I like the reworked schedule much better. Good groundwork!
Stay regular? Whadya mean?
Perhaps some virtual fiber thrown into the game code? :p

Squid

This is a great idea and I hope that Amy and the staff will take something like this into consideration instead of just releasing an item for 10 minutes at once.
This is a wonderful idea (: Thanks for sharing!

Horseytink

Lover of all things Disney!
Well, I have mixed feelings about this. I would love all of the stuff out like you suggest, but I don't know how we would buy all of it. Also, I feel like if we release all of this in one month we aren't really thinking long term, and having things spread out over time. Also, part of the fun was not knowing exactly what was being released until you logged on to see. I think there should be a calendar of special events like host events and quests but not necessarily an item calendar. I don't have the best memory being as it has been five years but does anyone remember exactly how vmk did this? Is there a time line somewhere of what was released and when? I really don't think it would be a bad idea to copy what vmk had done in the past. Just my thoughts but I kinda look at it as we are all here because we loved the old vmk, why make so many changes to it?

Jasmine

This is for next year, right? That would be way too many releases for such a new game.