Really missing the old VMK members...anyone else? Tired of rude people.

I started about a week and a half ago and I am noticing the same people over and over again. I'm not going to name names or anything but I feel like there are large groups of people who treat other members like they are below them. They all travel in groups and make fun of other people for stupid things. I am also constantly seeing people talking about drugs or other inappropriate topics. (I'm 19, so it doesn't bother me that much but I'm sure it bothers others). Maybe the old VMK was like this too, but I just wish that since most of us are returning players (and are therefore older) the game would be more mature. Just my opinion though, other thoughts?

Just talked about this today actually. Yeah the times have changed sadly. But there are good people out there, just like there are rude ppl. Like reality, vmk will only be fun if you make it fun!!!
I definitely agree with you! These particular people I am talking about just show up everywhere I go and talk about their drama haha. I've learned to ignore it or just leave the room.

Recently I've been giving away my rares too people that look like they need some help, and I gave someone a 5* Magic. They didn't even say "thank you", they just accepted it. 5* magic is worth a lot and took me a ton of effort and time to get it. I found it disappointing.
Wow....You're obviously a nice person. I'm sorry that happened to you. It disappoints me that someone didn't give a thank you. Wow.

It's really rather sad... I know who you mean, and they treat others badly because they are rich. :(
Exactly what I'm saying. Just because you have a bunch of magic or stitch or dream stuff, doesn't mean that you have to be mean. You just started earlier and got lucky during events. I know it's random, but I feel like those people just keep getting more and more.

Littlebelle

Smile and the world smiles with you
I am sorry Awesome. It has been culture shock for many returning players. Somehow these cute kids grew up to think they know all and no one can tell them how to behavior. That they have the right to do and say what they think cause they are adults or close to it. Sadly they do not see how they are acting as extremely rude and immature. I would say this behavior has been cut in half since the game first opened. More and more players are trying to make this game a great place to be and are very kind. Hit the ignore button. And search out new friends you never know who you will meet. Hugs.

SnowWildEye

Disney Fanatic
I agree! I've been trying my best to avoid it, and instead talk to people that aren't so rude or obnoxious.

Recently I've been giving away my rares too people that look like they need some help, and I gave someone a 5* Magic. They didn't even say "thank you", they just accepted it. 5* magic is worth a lot and took me a ton of effort and time to get it. I found it disappointing.
That's very disappointing. I have a hard enough time get 1* so I can't imagine how much time it took you to get a 5*, and for someone to not even say thank you is completely bizarre.
I haven't had too many issues with anyone, so hopefully it will stay that way. (:

AlphaTheEdge

I started about a week and a half ago and I am noticing the same people over and over again. I'm not going to name names or anything but I feel like there are large groups of people who treat other members like they are below them. They all travel in groups and make fun of other people for stupid things. I am also constantly seeing people talking about drugs or other inappropriate topics. (I'm 19, so it doesn't bother me that much but I'm sure it bothers others). Maybe the old VMK was like this too, but I just wish that since most of us are returning players (and are therefore older) the game would be more mature. Just my opinion though, other thoughts?
oh and im totes willing to be friends too

Question

Very Questionable
The community of MyVMK has its ups and downs, and the personality shift is enormous compared to old VMK. However, we're all grown up (kinda) and it's to be expected. There are a lot of very nice people in the game, it's just the ones who are rude are louder and more vocal than the ones who are nice. Finding those nice people is easy if you jump into conversations that pertain to your interests. Hope you find those wonderful, amazing people. :)

My GOD I am BEYOND tired of rude people catching attitude with me and butting into conversations I'm having just to be rude. I'm literally sick of it. And it's not always "cliques" who do it, but for me, it's just random people in rooms i'm in
Like @Julez and I were in a room I did 1* magic, and some random girl is like
"Why r u doing magic right now"
and I was like "who me..?"
and she's like "No the monkey on the wall. yes u stupid"
so I said "There's no need to have an attitude i didnt know if anyone else was doing magic"
and shes like "you think this is an attitude? you havent seen nothin yet"
-___-
Are you kidding me? I can't count how many times I've been called stupid in this game. The players are NOTHING like how they were in 5th, 6th, 7th grade. Everyone thinks it's cool to be "sassy" and rude and newsflash IT IS NOT. Just because I'm 19 doesn't mean that it's not mean or irritating. Can't we all play in peace? I'm literally nice to everyone, I give away my stuff everyday, I don't pick fights, but EVERY TIME I'M ON someone makes me want to quit. its soo frustrating!!

My GOD I am BEYOND tired of rude people catching attitude with me and butting into conversations I'm having just to be rude. I'm literally sick of it. And it's not always "cliques" who do it, but for me, it's just random people in rooms i'm in
Like @Julez and I were in a room I did 1* magic, and some random girl is like
"Why r u doing magic right now"
and I was like "who me..?"
and she's like "No the monkey on the wall. yes u stupid"
so I said "There's no need to have an attitude i didnt know if anyone else was doing magic"
and shes like "you think this is an attitude? you havent seen nothin yet"
-___-
Are you kidding me? I can't count how many times I've been called stupid in this game. The players are NOTHING like how they were in 5th, 6th, 7th grade. Everyone thinks it's cool to be "sassy" and rude and newsflash IT IS NOT. Just because I'm 19 doesn't mean that it's not mean or irritating. Can't we all play in peace? I'm literally nice to everyone, I give away my stuff everyday, I don't pick fights, but EVERY TIME I'M ON someone makes me want to quit. its soo frustrating!!
Oh my goodness. I think it was yesterday (?) when I was playing the shell game. The north room was crowded so of course I went to the other room (South). I was playing and there was this guy in there playing with 4 people who were obviously AFK. I started playing and they all left so I went to a new room (east). They all went back to south so I followed so I could still play. When I got there they started yelling at me saying to stop following them because they were having private game. I was like "are you kidding me? there's no such thing as a private game in a public room." It was ridiculous. Then his clones got off and he was like "HA! No shells for you! GOOD DAY! *tips hat*" and left. So rude and just stupid haha

Exodus

The problem here is people are too egoistic and entitled. And I won't even start with the people who take this game so seriously. It's all honestly disgusting. I'm sickened by the environment the current players have set up on MyVMK.

Along with the negativity, you will still find some light. Not all players are terribly ill-mannered and ridiculous to be around. They will be hard to come around, but I assure you, they exist.

Ranch

It's because these players don't know how to play the game. They can't build, can't fill a room with people not like them, can't play fireworks, can't play JC.. they can't even trade without wanting insane amounts. They talk all kinds of nonsense and are easy to forget when among the more respectful players.

The community of MyVMK has its ups and downs, and the personality shift is enormous compared to old VMK. However, we're all grown up (kinda) and it's to be expected. There are a lot of very nice people in the game, it's just the ones who are rude are louder and more vocal than the ones who are nice. Finding those nice people is easy if you jump into conversations that pertain to your interests. Hope you find those wonderful, amazing people. :)
But not everyone is outright mean. Like I think I entered a room with you and your friends, and then they were like "oh god this is why the room should be friends only" like I had a disease -_- so I left. That's not as bad as people being complete jerks, but it's reiterating what Alix said in that people have their select group of friends who they deal with and no one else. It's adding to the unfriendly, cliquey culture of the game and is not how old VMK was.

Oh my goodness. I think it was yesterday (?) when I was playing the shell game. The north room was crowded so of course I went to the other room (South). I was playing and there was this guy in there playing with 4 people who were obviously AFK. I started playing and they all left so I went to a new room (east). They all went back to south so I followed so I could still play. When I got there they started yelling at me saying to stop following them because they were having private game. I was like "are you kidding me? there's no such thing as a private game in a public room." It was ridiculous. Then his clones got off and he was like "HA! No shells for you! GOOD DAY! *tips hat*" and left. So rude and just stupid haha
LOL wow that's so childish but I have experiences like that alllll the time. They can't make rules in a public room and being rude like that is unnecessary. They coulda tried asking nicely but that's unlikely here.

The problem here is people are too egoistic and entitled. And I won't even start with the people who take this game so seriously. It's all honestly disgusting. I'm sickened by the environment the current players have set up on MyVMK.

Along with the negativity, you will still find some light. Not all players are terribly ill-mannered and ridiculous to be around. They will be hard to come around, but I assure you, they exist.
^^^ This. So perfect.

randall

i scare because i care
i do get what you're saying but the younger kids we once were on the original vmk have all grown up. there has been moments in the game where some people take this game way too seriously and can't lighten up and joke about anything. i like to have fun with people and joke around. i don't wanna feel like i'm playing a serious intense game of chess