Really missing the old VMK members...anyone else? Tired of rude people.

I've found myself avoiding certain rooms because there are players inside that I don't particularly enjoy being around or because that I don't feel welcome. I was so excited to join MyVMK because I had missed the old VMK so much, but as soon as I joined the rudeness toward me had started and I had done nothing to deserve it. I guess it's just one of those "behind the keyboard" situations. People feel more powerful when you aren't face to face.
The only way I've dealt with complicated players is not egging them on, and establishing a nice group of friends who - like you - have the same opinions, values, and hopes for MyVMK as I do. I've only used the Report button once, but that was in an extreme case. Everyone has their right to an opinion, and our community is already so small I feel like I shouldn't just Ignore or Report everyone that I disagree with. (I also tell myself that I'm 22, I have a high paying job, and real life friends who love me. I'm not going to let a virtual game destroy me:) ).

I've found myself avoiding certain rooms because there are players inside that I don't particularly enjoy being around or because that I don't feel welcome. I was so excited to join MyVMK because I had missed the old VMK so much, but as soon as I joined the rudeness toward me had started and I had done nothing to deserve it. I guess it's just one of those "behind the keyboard" situations. People feel more powerful when you aren't face to face.
The only way I've dealt with complicated players is not egging them on, and establishing a nice group of friends who - like you - have the same opinions, values, and hopes for MyVMK as I do. I've only used the Report button once, but that was in an extreme case. Everyone has their right to an opinion, and our community is already so small I feel like I shouldn't just Ignore or Report everyone that I disagree with. (I also tell myself that I'm 22, I have a high paying job, and real life friends who love me. I'm not going to let a virtual game destroy me:) ).
I couldn't have said it better myself. If you see me around, send me a request!!

Guitar

That's exactly why we do. We should be allowed to talk about drugs or other inappropriate topics because we are all more mature.
I mean there definitely should be a line, but it shouldn't be completely banned. We can't even say 'butt'. That's just ridiculous.
If people can't handle the word 'butt' then I don't think should be on the internet in the first place.
*Sigh* I wasn't going to post anything towards your comments, but I'm going to. Here I go.

I have a feeling that there are “some” people on this game that forget there are younger players who do in fact play on MyVMK. I’m happy that MyVMK blocks out certain words such as what you stated as being ridiculous. It’s not that it's ridiculous, its that there needs to be a line drawn with which words are acceptable or not. There's still parents with children who won’t let their child play due to how people on MyVMK act and say whatever they want without getting into trouble / banned. Same goes for some of the adults.. they won't come onto the forums even.. the behavior on here is like high school. Not everyone wants to be apart of that again!! Especially, when it’s on an online game we all love.

Not everyone is mature enough on MyVMK. The talks about drugs and other inappropriate topics should not be allowed. It's disturbing for young players who have to witness such things that are mentioned in game that are of that nature. Rules are put in place for everyone's safety. Don't like them? Oh well. Move those types of conversations off of MyVMK and talk on Skype or another social network about those things 'cause most times than not.. not very many people in the room want anything to do with what's being said. Be considerate of the players around you. Some conversations come down to being not age appropriate.

I do not agree. Some people would not feel comfortable to say something because of being an outcast in the game. We know that people can be put down and bullied others in the game. We are getting more and more kids playing as young a 7. You do not know how old they are. How many 13 year olds would not want to feel like they are mature hanging with the mature kids talking about drugs ect. Not all but quite a few. It is not age appropriate. It does not work in this game. If you want to talk about it skype it. Most of the people wanting to talk the way they want already are using this while in the game. No where is talking about getting drunk or drugs or personal relationships needed in this game. There are many other social media tools you can use to talk about these adventures. Most adults who have had kids will agree. Though when I was @ 19 I would be saying come on we should be allowed to talk about what we want, where and how we want to. I would love to have this conversation when you have all become parents.
I agree with your comment 100%

Littlebelle

Smile and the world smiles with you
Actually I view the hoarder as less than the average player. If I walk into a room and just see wall to wall firewalls are rare items. No using them in building I really do not respect that. And you will find that at least have the players do to.

VampireBoy

This is becoming a huge problem especially cause a lot of people from the old VMK community are starting to quit the game now because they just cant deal with all the crazy immature people on this site any longer. Things really need to change on here and the staff needs to get more strict or else I see a grim future for My VMK because people will only be able to take so much bull ******** on here before they lose it and quit. Also for all of you out there causing trouble on this site and upsetting the old VMK community and making them want to leave you need to knock it off and cut the bull ******** because you are ruining our site. This use to be such a beautiful community and there was so much magic and happiness on the old VMK but now a good portion of the community is filled with immature little morons that think they can do what they want. This really needs to stop because if it doesn't I fear this site may lose most of its population and I know I am not the only one who is worried about this and also I have even had to avoid certain rooms now too because of those people and I have to admit I'm really getting sick of it.

Finland

Active Troublemaker
The average age of the players has increased. The prevalent attitudes within the game have shifted from that of a child's birthday party toward something more like a nightclub. Not to mention that players actually used to get banned for inappropriate behavior, and the staff were payed adults.

hi! I've been seeing reports of this sort of behaviour a lot. like on other forums. I was reading up when I was considering joining or not. then I joined and within the hour I encountered this sort of thing. it's just sad. like, it's just a game calm down.

I'm just wondering, since most people here played the original were from around the ages of (what I'm guessing) 10, 8 and up. I don't remember that there was this sort of behaviour. it's been 5 years and I'm assuming the majority of people who came back are people who played before so knew how people interacted before... how did all these people who think it's appropriate to act like that even find out about here?

Champ

Yeah, it seems as if you don't have an ultra or aren't rich certain members are less inclined to talk to you. It's ridiculous but not enough to stop playing. I'm grateful for that we even have a game to play at all because I thought I'd die never getting to play again.

HaleighRose

Shut up, and dance with me!
I started playing a few days ago ( I was an original vmker) and I noticed no one will speak to me because I'm new. Kinda sad. I was so excited to get back on and become great friends with people again. I had great memories from the original and it seems harder to even talk now. I hope to find nice people and become friends or I'll get bored and leave and just stick to my memories from the original game.

mark

10 mins late to everything
I think if "Olaff's Butt" is an item we should be able to say butt. I'm sure they have the ability to edit it.
I agree but I think getting Pirates the game done is a bit more important than a word :p in my opinion, I mean at the end who really pays attention at the blocked words and unblocked... not me, (sorry if this is offtopic but I'll add)

Ya I had this experience once around when shells were 25 credits, I was too lazy too type properly like I still am and this dude would argue to me and then at the end it was brought up to him having more class than me and owning Louis Vuitton shoes like r u serious

I agree but I think getting Pirates the game done is a bit more important than a word :p in my opinion, I mean at the end who really pays attention at the blocked words and unblocked... not me, (sorry if this is offtopic but I'll add)

Ya I had this experience once around when shells were 25 credits, I was too lazy too type properly like I still am and this dude would argue to me and then at the end it was brought up to him having more class than me and owning Louis Vuitton shoes like r u serious
ok.

Zazzella

The Zazzy Princess
Honestly, for my first few days I was only playing jungle cruise so I could build up credits. Then while I was riding PPR I ran into Elle and Flume and they were extremely nice to me. Then a few days ago I ran into Whoosh and she gave me a 1* carpet magic for free! I have ran into so many great people so far but maybe I am just lucky (or too occupied with jc still, lol). I have definitely noticed cliques though. And although I have not encounter any rudeness so far, I do hear a lot of people talking about their bad experiences with other players.

The dynamic of the game has of course changed...given that we are all older now. It confuses me that so many people are engaging in rude behavior but that is when you just have to turn your back and focus on the positives-LIKE HAVING VMK BACK!!! :) :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an old thread but I really wanted to comment. I used to play OG vmk back in the day and it was amazing. Recently because of COVID I found it again and was so excited. While I’m having fun in the game, I find that no one wants to interact with you in the game if you don’t have rare virtual items or magic. On top of that there are so many cliques. I don’t mind people having groups of friends but it’s like when you try interacting with people you just get ignored. I even made a close friend with someone who is now in a clique and completely ignored me because I don’t have fancy rare clothes. I’m only two weeks in and idk how much I want to play anymore. Once the stay at home orders are finished, I definitely will not be on as much.