Really missing the old VMK members...anyone else? Tired of rude people.

That's exactly why we do. We should be allowed to talk about drugs or other inappropriate topics because we are all more mature.
When people start talking about how drunk they got last night and how they don't remember anything, I would say that's a bit immature in my opinion. You can have your opinion and I can have mine.[DOUBLEPOST=1401950151][/DOUBLEPOST]
totally agree, i think MyVMK is all about popularity now
It's kinda like high school again haha

Sophia

That's exactly why we do. We should be allowed to talk about drugs or other inappropriate topics because we are all more mature.
We shouldn't be allowed to talk about drugs or other inappropriate topics because not everyone is mature. You are speaking for everyone which isn't fair to the countless of players that are still under 18 and even the handful of players that are 13 and under.

We shouldn't be allowed to talk about drugs or other inappropriate topics because not everyone is mature. You are speaking for everyone which isn't fair to the countless of players that are still under 18 and even the handful of players that are 13 and under.
I mean there definitely should be a line, but it shouldn't be completely banned. We can't even say 'butt'. That's just ridiculous.

CandyCars

"Adult content is NEVER allowed in MyVMK!

You know what we mean by “adult” content – this is a word, phrase or action that would make your mother blush and your dad tell you to “go to your room!” We can’t send you to your room but we can ban you from MyVMK - we don’t want to but we have to keep the community safe and fair for everyone. So please play nicely at all times and keep your chat and your actions appropriate for the community!"

Those are the rules set by the staff for EVERYONE no matter how old and mature you think you are!!!

I am under 18, and when people talk about inappropriate topics it is very disturbing for younger people.

I totally agree with you. I believe that many of us grew up with insecurities and losing vmk didn't help. Some people feel the need to take their struggles out on others...

"Adult content is NEVER allowed in MyVMK!

You know what we mean by “adult” content – this is a word, phrase or action that would make your mother blush and your dad tell you to “go to your room!” We can’t send you to your room but we can ban you from MyVMK - we don’t want to but we have to keep the community safe and fair for everyone. So please play nicely at all times and keep your chat and your actions appropriate for the community!"

Those are the rules set by the staff for EVERYONE no matter how old and mature you think you are!!!

I am under 18, and when people talk about inappropriate topics it is very disturbing for younger people.
Ok. Read my next post.

CandyCars

If people can't handle the word 'butt' then I don't think should be on the internet in the first place.
I agree some things like that are a little crazy, but you said in one post there should be no line then another there should be. I honestly have no clue what you're talking about...

Jinx

You Owe Me A Soda! :D
Hi there (:
I actually just saw you in a room :D small world haha.
I know some people can be rude but there's a lot of great players on here as well c:
If you'd like, we could meet up and hang out, always up to meeting new people :]

MissCutieG

not a junior member
think of it this way

the less you have on vmk + the less time you've spent on the game = the more of a social life you have

idek that's how i look at it

i think it's sad to see certain people brag about how rich they are on the game due to their 'hours spent on the game, and wise trading strategies and determining the economy' like you shouldn't have time for that. in the end, it's allll pixels and it will never amount to anything. :/

Littlebelle

Smile and the world smiles with you
I do not agree. Some people would not feel comfortable to say something because of being an outcast in the game. We know that people can be put down and bullied others in the game. We are getting more and more kids playing as young a 7. You do not know how old they are. How many 13 year olds would not want to feel like they are mature hanging with the mature kids talking about drugs ect. Not all but quite a few. It is not age appropriate. It does not work in this game. If you want to talk about it skype it. Most of the people wanting to talk the way they want already are using this while in the game. No where is talking about getting drunk or drugs or personal relationships needed in this game. There are many other social media tools you can use to talk about these adventures. Most adults who have had kids will agree. Though when I was @ 19 I would be saying come on we should be allowed to talk about what we want, where and how we want to. I would love to have this conversation when you have all become parents.

Jerimiah

I assume the only reason why you made this thread is because you are unaware of the fact that there is an ignore button. Yes it's true! You can ignore people in the game when you see conversations you are not comfortable seeing or being a part of.

There's also this thing called a report button. If you are inclined to do so, you may report an individual or group of people for speaking about topics that are not allowed in the game or have harassed or insulted you in some way.

Clicking either of these two buttons will take two seconds to complete and voila! your problem will be solved. You will no longer have to endure the scary mature people talking about scary mature people things anymore.

The problem with this game compared to the original, is that people are more materialistic in this version, and establish relationships and interact with other players solely on this. The more valuable items you have, the more highly you view yourself versus someone who has less than them. This, coupled with a sense of entitlement gained by being in certain "cliques", can make people view themselves as a higher being compared to those not in said "cliques", and therefore treat others with an insufferable manner. The problem is, everyone is not the same as they were when the original game closed (we've all grown up, technically), and as a result we've moved on from the childish things like "Taken" and such, and moved on to harsh ways to communicate, such as intentionally putting down others to gain a sense of a superiority complex. However, some people, though they have grown up, continue to rely on childlike methods in order to make themselves feel better compared to others. Of course, this is only limited to a small minority within the game, and most people remain kindhearted towards others, but the few that resort to being mean to others to feel better about themselves get much more attention and drag down the accomplishments made by Amy and her crew in the recreation of this game as a result. Just my two cents that I've had bottled up for a while.

The community is take it or leave it. There isn't much to do about it besides discuss and hope people realize how their behavior affects others' experience. Like in reality, there are always people others don't like and people others like. It just requires better judgement on one's own part to decide for his or her own who is being genuine to be around and who is not to note not to be around. I used to get tired of little indirects or snide comments made over dumb issues, but honestly that just shows how dumb those people are to not even have the guts to say something to someone's face and own up to their words. I don't get ************ off or even care anymore, they can continue to act dumb and never get anywhere in life. Their problem, not mine so I'm always going to be honest with who I am with others because it's my life and how I wish to enjoy it is my choice.

Honestly, I had no intention of this thread going anywhere near where it's ended up. All I was intending to do was talk about how much different this game is compared to the old one. There are many new topics and insanely structures cliques and levels of popularity. This game is exactly like high school, you start at the bottom with nothing and no friends and you have to somehow work your way up to where you want to be. That's all. I didn't intend anyone to get in arguments about appropriate topics or anything. I do realize there are ignore and report buttons, but I don't like hitting the ignore button because I still want to know whats going on in a room. I don't usually report people because I don't want to be the reason they get banned. I just like to stay out of that stuff.[DOUBLEPOST=1402080519][/DOUBLEPOST]I also wanted to connect with the people who feel the same way and make more friends.