Silver Snowman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geggy

The problem is that, as the GA (whoever it is), posting all of the things you create is counter productive. Half of the excitement is the surprise that people get when new items come out. If everyone sees everything she's created - and there's a big pile - then new releases would be less fun...or a future month's theme would be ruined (the surprise), etc.

I completely agree, though. If someone makes an item that goes into the game, then they should receive credit. Each time an item of someone's has gone into the game (Simba Hat, for example), that person received credit each and every time.

I'm going to back up @Psycho here. Seeing as though Tink had this misunderstanding in the past, I would think that she would keep track of her work somewhere. It seems awfully coincidental that her work is contemporaneous with Hogie's. Likewise, I can assure you - many of us were there within the creation of Hogie's Silver Snowman. At the very least, I would expect a nod of the hat to Hogie's artwork, whether it be in the newsletter or a popup in game much like @Evehist had. Though recommending MUCH more, I would at least acknowledge this creation side by side with Tink's work, you know - because it'd be nice to see Hogie receive some much deserved credit some of the time.

Just to add, not to add controversy, but I may be a bit biased on this topic, seeing as though a dear friend of mine stopped creating artwork due to this type of thing. Just keeping that in mind.
Exactly just a pop up. Nothing big like the whole party that was in tinks room and pretty sure she was given/took some credit for the "original'' frozen outfits. Butt when confronted about the floating candles that @Thorn posted before she released them, she replied with credit to Disney. So here's to Disney on the idea of the frozen outfits being put in this game.

The problem is that, as the GA (whoever it is), posting all of the things you create is counter productive. Half of the excitement is the surprise that people get when new items come out. If everyone sees everything she's created - and there's a big pile - then new releases would be less fun...or a future month's theme would be ruined (the surprise), etc.

I completely agree, though. If someone makes an item that goes into the game, then they should receive credit. Each time an item of someone's has gone into the game (Simba Hat, for example), that person received credit each and every time.
Okay that doesnt really take away the excitement, just because she designs them doesnt mean they will be added?

Exactly just a pop up. Nothing big like the whole party that was in tinks room and pretty sure she was given/took some credit for the "original'' frozen outfits. Butt when confronted about the floating candles that @Thorn posted before she released them, she replied with credit to Disney. So here's to Disney on the idea of the frozen outfits being put in this game.
Here's to Disney for credit on everything single thing in this game.

Before this thread inevitably closes or posts get deleted for people speaking their minds, let me just say this. I hate how this is handled as much as all of you do. That's why I avoid the forums and game as much as possible, but when one of my friends (once again) gets handed the short end of the stick, I have to say something. This seems to be a natural occurrence of the game lately. Someone posts a rad idea, something eerily similar shows up a few months later, and then people stick up for the person that was hurt. I'm just glad some people are sticking up for hogie because he is honestly and truly a very imaginative guy and deserves to have many of his ideas in the game, but that seems to never happen.

Keep standing up for what you believe in and don't let the cloud of injustice choke you.

We have strict guidelines on what our staff can and cannot share. As with any staff position, it requires a high level of confidentiality. There are quite a few items that have been created over the game's lifespan that have never been released to the public. This includes furniture, clothing, and even rooms. Sometimes we even create items months in advance and don't release them until they are ready.

In the case with the Silver Snowman... it was created back in December 2013. An unreleased loading screen was even produced featuring it, but was never put up because the item was never made available. Originally, Silver keys were going to obtain Silver items, but due to time constraints it was swapped with other items.

It's disappointing to see baseless accusations being thrown around, especially when this argument is bound to come up time and time again. When we use someone's artwork in the game, we definitely will give credit for it, such as the case for GPDOT's Simba Hat, MarshyMarshy's Green Crate, or Evehist's lovely hair. Keep in mind that Tink and none of the other staff benefit or make a profit off of any of our work, we create and plan many things simply because we love to, and to see others enjoy it!

For those interested, here's the Holiday 2013 loading screen that was never put up :D

We have strict guidelines on what our staff can and cannot share. As with any staff position, it requires a high level of confidentiality. There are quite a few items that have been created over the game's lifespan that have never been released to the public. This includes furniture, clothing, and even rooms. Sometimes we even create items months in advance and don't release them until they are ready.

In the case with the Silver Snowman... it was created back in December 2013. An unreleased loading screen was even produced featuring it, but was never put up because the item was never made available. Originally, Silver keys were going to obtain Silver items, but due to time constraints it was swapped with other items.

It's disappointing to see baseless accusations being thrown around, especially when this argument is bound to come up time and time again. When we use someone's artwork in the game, we definitely will give credit for it, such as the case for GPDOT's Simba Hat, MarshyMarshy's Green Crate, or Evehist's lovely hair. Keep in mind that Tink and none of the other staff benefit or make a profit off of any of our work, we create and plan many things simply because we love to, and to see others enjoy it!

For those interested, here's the Holiday 2013 loading screen that was never put up :D

But there's a problem here. @hogie created a Sparky Hat and then suddenly Tink supposedly makes one. Then it seems to be it happened again with the silver snowman, but you have provided evidence that she did in fact make it before his recolor. Perhaps giving Tink a "What I'm currently Working on/ Ideas" thread wouldn't be a bad thing. Then we can clearly see she started work on the recolored/new item before anyone else made one. It would clear up major confusion about who created what if we can see what she's working on no matter if it gets added to the game that month or not.

Geggy

But there's a problem here. @hogie created a Sparky Hat and then suddenly Tink supposedly makes one. Then it seems to be it happened again with the silver snowman, but you have provided evidence that she did in fact make it before his recolor. Perhaps giving Tink a "What I'm currently Working on/ Ideas" thread wouldn't be a bad thing. Then we can clearly see she started work on the recolored/new item before anyone else made one. It would clear up major confusion about who created what if we can see what she's working on no matter if it gets added to the game that month or not.
Well, I posted a picture that showed that Tink started creating the Sparky Hat months before anyone else actually posted anything like it. But, people have a narrative that they like to believe, and won't budge from that narrative no matter what. I saw things accusing me/Tink of doctoring the picture I provided, etc. It just comes down to them not willing to believe that their assumptions were wrong. In the end, Tink is going to create what Tink creates, and if someone else's artwork is used in-game, then they will rightfully get credit for it.

Well, I posted a picture that showed that Tink started creating the Sparky Hat months before anyone else actually posted anything like it. But, people have a narrative that they like to believe, and won't budge from that narrative no matter what. I saw things accusing me/Tink of doctoring the picture I provided, etc. It just comes down to them not willing to believe that their assumptions were wrong. In the end, Tink is going to create what Tink creates, and if someone else's artwork is used in-game, then they will rightfully get credit for it.
I never saw that picture. I've only seen the things posted here in the suggestions/ideas forum

It's disappointing to see baseless accusations being thrown around, especially when this argument is bound to come up time and time again.
Hope I don't sound rude, but maybe this wouldn't be happening, nor be disappointing to you, if someone had actually told us about this before such items were released. Communication has always been a problem. Of course we're going to accuse of ideas being stolen when we see that a player has previously posted the same item idea on the forums, and then we see the same item idea in-game without recognition.

Hey look, here's a good solution.

Myth

When someone posts something in the suggestions that generally means they'd like to see it in the game. Not necessarily "put this item in game because I made it and I want to be featured", but more "this would be a great idea so I hope Tink or someone makes 250 or whatever angles for this so it can be put in the game!"

I have to agree with @Grizzly and @Geggy on this one. A lot of you are making accusations that are pretty pointless in my opinion. Just enjoy the game and the items -- who cares who made it?

It's a game. Don't get that upset over things like this because you'll end up having much bigger problems down the road..

Fruits

When someone posts something in the suggestions that generally means they'd like to see it in the game. Not necessarily "put this item in game because I made it and I want to be featured", but more "this would be a great idea so I hope Tink or someone makes 250 or whatever angles for this so it can be put in the game!"

I have to agree with @Grizzly and @Geggy on this one. A lot of you are making accusations that are pretty pointless in my opinion. Just enjoy the game and the items -- who cares who made it?

It's a game. Don't get that upset over things like this because you'll end up having much bigger problems down the road..
In the great words of @Myth :

"GIVE ME STITCH OR I WILL DIE"
"I NEED SPARROW"
"INFERNO MAGIC IS BAE"

I personally respect you Myth. But please do not try and come into this conversation with hypocritical statements.

Myth

In the great words of @Myth :

"GIVE ME STITCH OR I WILL DIE"
"I NEED SPARROW"
"INFERNO MAGIC IS BAE"

I personally respect you Myth. But please do not try and come into this conversation with hypocritical statements.
But how does that have anything to do with what I said?
And when did I even say those statements?
You're overexhaggerating my words. #imout

Fruits

But how does that have anything to do with what I said?
And when did I even say those statements?
You're overexhaggerating my words. #imout
You said word for word:
If it is just a game, then why do you associate the word "bae" with the magic "Inferno"? Furthermore, why would one want to kill themselves over a virtual stitch hat? I am just stating mere facts here... But from my point of view, I find most of your points argued previously, to be hypocritical.

Myth

You said word for word:
If it is just a game, then why do you associate the word "bae" with the magic "Inferno"? Furthermore, why would one want to kill themselves over a virtual stitch hat? I am just stating mere facts here... But from my point of view, I find most of your points argued previously, to be hypocritical.
Find exactly when I ever said either of those statements.
I've learned that it's just a game over time and I'm trying to inform others. Even if I said things last year that doesn't mean they still apply to how I feel today.

This is getting off-topic, therefore I will be closing this thread! If you have any further questions about items put into the game feel free to PM any in-game staff member. If you have any questions regarding forums feel free to PM any forum staff member!

Happy Holidays,
:pumbaa:

Status
Not open for further replies.