Since firewalls are in the chests...

Exodus

I honestly hope everything "rare" gets released so we don't have this economy anymore. I mean c'mon its a virtual game we shouldnt even have an economy
Shall we revisit the purpose of MyVMK? It is to relive VMK. What were the cores of the original VMK? Mini games, socializing, building, attending host events, and ah, TRADING. Trading was so significant, its aspect was the reason players spent thousands of dollars visiting the parks to do quests to obtain super rare items, etc. Just because you don't play MyVMK to participate in trading doesn't mean there aren't hundreds of others out there who do. Not everyone wants everything handed to them, that wasn't VMK. MyVMK has been open for almost 2 years, it's obvious everything won't suddenly be rereleased just to destroy an economy that's been built throughout the past 2 years. Now a more reasonable suggestion would be to have a complete separate server where people are able to have access to every item and just have that freedom to get creative to no limit or take screenshots with every possible combination of clothes and pins because that's basically all one can do when everything gets handed to them.

Honestly what's the difference between 40,000 credits and a firewall?? Nothing... Why not just do credits.. It'd solve everything...
Exactly, there's no difference. Personally I have been trading super rares for credits, not firewalls as I see no benefit or point in turning firewalls into a commodity, however, these past couple of months, it has been common for players to have insufficient amount of credits to trade for things. That might be due to the population of the game declining which has led to small amount of traders/trade flow/incoming credits. Given the lack of players active to accumulate credits to keep trades going at their current values, I've seen a decline in trades with large amounts of credits involved which is why people turn to firewalls I guess. However, there's like hundreds of inactive players who own majority of the firewalls which is why the firewall value has been fluctuating between 30-40k.

I would definitely be okay with firewalls dropping in prices so maYBE I COULD FINALLY GET STITCH :/
Just because firewalls would be dropping in value wouldn't mean stitch's value would drop. If firewalls are worth 40k each at the moment and a stitch hat is worth roughly 700k (18 firewalls), with the drop of firewalls to let's say, 20k, you'd have to obtain 36 firewalls to be able to trade for a stitch. Last year I traded my stitch hat for 39 firewalls when firewalls were valued at 20k.

lol watch nothing happen to this economy because nobody is doing anything about it lol
[removed content]
5* Aladdin's Flying Carpet
5* Drink Me
5* Invisibility
5* Levitation
5* Snowman
5* Test Track Car
5* Turn into Bat
5* X2 Spaceship

For my hunny badger pin :)"

Last edited by a moderator:
The sad thing is, firewalls are pretty much worthless. I have yet to see even a handful of people use them for their actual purpose of building. Instead, it's the same handful of players that hoard the firewalls and continuously increase the price of them for their own personal benefit. The entire game revolves around collecting as many firewalls as you can and it's honestly kind of ridiculous. It would be nice if the price of them could come down so people who actually want them for their REAL purpose wouldn't have such a struggle to get them, but seeing as how greedy people can be, it probably won't happen.

Elessar

wasn't this game about having fun, not seeing how Many firewalls you can get to hoard?
Maybe that was the idea when it first opened, but it has since become so corrupted by a variety of factors and now it's just one massive political disaster. This is not what VMK was originally about at all, and it's pretty sad to watch something that had so much potential to be incredible spiral into nothing but petty drivel.

Exodus

The sad thing is, firewalls are pretty much worthless. I have yet to see even a handful of people use them for their actual purpose of building. Instead, it's the same handful of players that hoard the firewalls and continuously increase the price of them for their own personal benefit. The entire game revolves around collecting as many firewalls as you can and it's honestly kind of ridiculous. It would be nice if the price of them could come down so people who actually want them for their REAL purpose wouldn't have such a struggle to get them, but seeing as how greedy people can be, it probably won't happen.
I love how all the people who helped inflate the price in the first place are in here saying the price will never go down.
wasn't this game about having fun, not seeing how Many firewalls you can get to hoard?
Instead of complaining, to solve this firewall hoarding problem, you have to get to the root of it. When new members join MyVMK, by navigating through the trade forums and hanging out in trade rooms, they realize they'll never obtain a super rare or any of the most desirable items without firewalls. Why is that? Because along with credits, firewalls have become a commodity (something that can be easily bought and sold) of this game. Just like in real life due to how the economy functions, people don't decorate their rooms with dollar bills or gold bars (which can be comparable to firewalls in our case). People don't hoard firewalls for the sake of decorating, but as a means of holding onto a commodity that they can later easily trade away for whatever they need due to its constant demand. To get rid of the demand of firewalls people have got to stop influencing players that firewalls are a commodity. How about we start with the Value Check threads which are highly influential. We need to stop valuing them in terms of how many firewalls each item is worth and instead use credit values. That would be a start to actually getting something done.

Just remember, the staff members did not create the MyVMK economy, the players did. It is the staffs' job to maintain it through measured rereleases as needed.

Zelena

Instead of complaining, to solve this firewall hoarding problem, you have to get to the root of it. When new members join MyVMK, by navigating through the trade forums and hanging out in trade rooms, they realize they'll never obtain a super rare or any of the most desirable items without firewalls. Why is that? Because along with credits, firewalls have become a commodity (something that can be easily bought and sold) of this game. Just like in real life due to how the economy functions, people don't decorate their rooms with dollar bills or gold bars (which can be comparable to firewalls in our case). People don't hoard firewalls for the sake of decorating, but as a means of holding onto a commodity that they can later easily trade away for whatever they need due to its constant demand. To get rid of the demand of firewalls people have got to stop influencing players that firewalls are a commodity. How about we start with the Value Check threads which are highly influential. We need to stop valuing them in terms of how many firewalls each item is worth and instead use credit values. That would be a start to actually getting something done.

Just remember, the staff members did not create the MyVMK economy, the players did. It is the staffs' job to maintain it through measured rereleases as needed.
I don't even like firewalls, I think they're useless. You should have read my earlier post. Nice to know I'm being a little complainer though, thanks.

Exodus

I don't even like firewalls, I think they're useless. You should have read my earlier post. Nice to know I'm being a little complainer though, thanks.
Your only earlier post was agreeing with another player that "firewalls are ugly why do we base everything off them can we at least base it off something nice looking." For someone who claims to not like firewalls and think they're useless, you do seem to be coming back to this thread often to throw in your input. I understand the term "complain" has a negative connotation but it is what you were doing, it's definition is "express dissatisfaction or annoyance about a state of affairs or an event." /shrug

Zelena

Your only earlier post was agreeing with another player that "firewalls are ugly why do we base everything off them can we at least base it off something nice looking." For someone who claims to not like firewalls and think they're useless, you do seem to be coming back to this thread often to throw in your input. I understand the term "complain" has a negative connotation but it is what you were doing, it's definition is "express dissatisfaction or annoyance about a state of affairs or an event." /shrug
Fine since you seem to want me to argue ill say this, firewalls should be worth a lot less like 20k. they're not used as their purpose so why should an item that it literally used for nothing Be worth so much.
Also you could say everyone else was complaining too, not just 3 people. Good to know my opinion is actually just complaining.

Exodus

Fine since you seem to want me to argue ill say this, firewalls should be worth a lot less like 20k. they're not used as their purpose so why should an item that it literally used for nothing Be worth so much.
Also you could say everyone else was complaining too, not just 3 people
I have no interest in an argument with you. The only reason I quoted you and Shiloh was because my post about how to approach the firewall hoarding problem rose after you and her mentioned it. I initially had a different response for CoralHibiscus but forgot to add it in so I'll just remove her quote. Clearly your responses after my post indicate you got offended over the fact I said you guys were complaining. So I apologize if that offended you. Obviously claiming people are hoarding firewalls is bound to receive some sort of response since that's an accusation.

And as I mentioned in my previous posts, firewalls have become a commodity to MyVMK's economy, it's not a regular item you can easily negotiate it's value with a trader. Just like the dollar bill in real life has a trade value and can fluctuate depending on the economy, the firewall does the same. The only reason the firewall has increased from 20k to 40k is because there is a shortage amount in circulation. Majority of the players who own a large percentage of firewalls have been inactive on this game leaving the active owners of a few firewalls to take advantage and bump up their price to match the scarcity. The only way they would go back down to 20k is if more firewalls are added to the game to make up for the inactive ones. It's easy to spawn tons of firewalls into the game and just turn the firewall value into trash, but due to the fact that it's been a core part of the economy from 2013, I don't think they'd ever make such a drastic move.

joshzj

I like giraffes
I honestly hope everything "rare" gets released so we don't have this economy anymore. I mean c'mon its a virtual game we shouldnt even have an economy
First of all I bet you half the players on vmk would quit and the staff would get so much hate. This is an awful idea

joshzj

I like giraffes
I wouldnt quit tbh I think it would make things a lot more fun
Think about all the players that play minigames all day to grind credits and everybody attempting to trade for something. Basically the only thing going on all day would be game rooms and minigames. No point in BGR. No point in contests. Nobody wouldn have a goal to shoot for.

Nokuto

Think about all the players that play minigames all day to grind credits and everybody attempting to trade for something. Basically the only thing going on all day would be game rooms and minigames. No point in BGR. No point in contests. Nobody wouldn have a goal to shoot for.
Well I dont mean everything rare being released all the time more like just the recolors of somethings being availible in crates during a certain month for a limited time

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Jasmine

I disagree. The economy is the way it is because of the way firewalls were released. And if the staff aren't to blame for item releases, then I don't know who is.

However, I agree that it's unlikely they'll just add more firewalls in game. I personally think they'll always be the main currency, because this goes back to how they were released.

Last edited:

Exodus

I disagree. The economy is the way it is because of the way firewalls were released. And if the staff aren't to blame for item releases, then I don't know who is.
I don't exactly remember if the shell game was out during the shop release of firewalls, but I do agree it wasn't the best method. I guess it was done to give trade flow a kick start since the staff knew they'd always be in demand. I should've said the players create the values, not the economy, my bad. Players have just been taking advantage of a poorly thought out release and using it as a means of commodity ever since. I just don't see anything significant happening after so long that'll greatly influence the value of firewalls. I don't think they even care for suggestions at this point.

Jasmine

I don't exactly remember if the shell game was out during the shop release of firewalls, but I do agree it wasn't the best method. I guess it was done to give trade flow a kick start since the staff knew they'd always be in demand. I should've said the players create the values, not the economy, my bad. Players have just been taking advantage of a poorly thought out release and using it as a means of commodity ever since. I just don't see anything significant happening after so long that'll greatly influence the value of firewalls. I don't think they even care for suggestions at this point.
The flip hat being retired, the firewall being released, and the introduction of the shell game all happened on the same day. (And shells were worth 10 credits at first.)

I do agree with you, though. The players that originally took advantage of the release were some of the ones who'd "earned" enough credits to buy 30+ in that one day. I also agree that at this point, I really don't think the reliance on firewalls as the main currency can be fixed. I think the staff would've needed to admit to making that mistake early on and then maybe the economy could've been different, but oh well.

I recall some players used to "boycott" firewalls. Players refusing to pay for them is about the only thing I can think of that might even possibly work.