Since firewalls are in the chests...

Elessar

the original vmk's economy was tighter than my pants jsyk
Yeah I literally do not remember doing nearly as much trading in the three years I played as I have in my short time here.
And I definitely don't remember items being used as a commodity.
I could be wrong though, since that was 7-10 years ago and it's a little hazy.

Myth

I do agree with you, though. The players that originally took advantage of the release were some of the ones who'd "earned" enough credits to buy 30+ in that one day.
I'm not going to name names, but I know a couple people who made over 50 clones on that day to obtain the most firewalls of anyone and then used it to instantly become rich down the road. Totally bogus. But at the time I didn't realize how big of a deal they'd become so soon.

Neda

I'm not going to name names, but I know a couple people who made over 50 clones on that day to obtain the most firewalls of anyone and then used it to instantly become rich down the road. Totally bogus. But at the time I didn't realize how big of a deal they'd become so soon.
I was going to say that because I was trying to think of how exactly people hoarded tons of them with no minigames around at the time to earn credits. Even with shells alone(25c at the time) it's still kind of hard to hoard them.

It would be cool to see people actually use them for good i.e to build lol but yeah to each their own ig.

Last edited:

Jasmine

Yep. And some of these people had the nerve to display them in their guest room and get mad when people got suspicious. smh

Rygo

It all started with a Mouse
firewalls are ugly why do we base everything off them can we at least base it off something nice looking
Thank you. So much agree!!!
My question is this though: I constantly see "Trading/Selling 16 (and up) firewalls" Yet I never actually see any is use. Why the heck are they the base for our economy????

ex. would original vmk rerelease beta items just because people complained they werent there for beta?
We can't really compare this economy to the Old Vmk. Disney had a steady stream of released items. And "new" items constantly coming into the game via cards purchased in the parks. This game had tons of stuff released in the first few months. Stuff that until now has not been available since. You can't compare the two. Without a steady trickle of items coming into the game, you can basically say all those first month items are "beta." Which aren't we still in beta??