Tester Applications Now Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was confused because one of the testers had 0 posts on the forum. Therefore it's most likely in-game activity, though I've never seen them around.

And I agree with Shrimp as well!

kalyee

I was confused because one of the testers had 0 posts on the forum. Therefore it's most likely in-game activity, though I've never seen them around.

And I agree with Shrimp as well!
It would make sense that they would also base the decision off of people with the most promising testing background/ability. I'm not super active in-game because I don't have a lot of friends yet, but I have a lot of testing experience. You could spend every waking hour in-game and still not know how to find bugs, and I think that's one of the most important factors in their decision.

It would make sense that they would also base the decision off of people with the most promising testing background/ability. I'm not super active in-game because I don't have a lot of friends yet, but I have a lot of testing experience. You could spend every waking hour in-game and still not know how to find bugs, and I think that's one of the most important factors in their decision.

Very true! :)

philitup

The Internet Champion!
Well ********. I guess I should have added that I was on the test server for ToonTown when it was open. Too late.

Jasmine

I would think so, but I've seen and have testers tell me they had absolutely no experience and didn't even know how to fill out a bug report or that they didn't fill it out at all... Some just added in random stuff that had nothing to do with position.

Overall though, I would hope most actually have some kind of experience.

I would think so, but I've seen and have testers tell me they had absolutely no experience and didn't even know how to fill out a bug report... Some just added in random stuff that had nothing to do with position.

Overall though, I would hope most actually have some kind of experience.
You're saying that they chose some testers that have poor experience with testing?

Jasmine

Nope. I was telling her that they may not necessarily have just gone by testing experience, because some testers have admitted to not having any and to not knowing how to fill out bug reports... Some have said they didn't even fill it out in the email. :P

I assume other factors were considered as well.

Nope. I was telling her that they may not necessarily have just gone by testing experience, because some testers have admitted to not having any and to not knowing how to fill out bug reports... Some have said they didn't even fill it out in the email. :P

I assume other factors were considered as well.
Ah, okay - that makes sense actually!

RainbowKougra

I sent in my application. Contained in two emails, one with personal info, one with my bug report ideas. How do I know if it has been received? There was no auto response saying so. Hoping to hear from the powers that be soon.

Rainbow

alice-darling

Probably Smells Like Avocados
Well I am unsure if they only selected people who submitted e-mails on the first day or not... it would be nice to be notified otherwise, though. :-)

I sent in my application. Contained in two emails, one with personal info, one with my bug report ideas. How do I know if it has been received? There was no auto response saying so. Hoping to hear from the powers that be soon.

Rainbow
You only receive an e-mail if you were accepted as a Tester. No rejection e-mails are sent, unfortunately.

What really bothers me is that i spent alot of time typing the application, then i never got a response back meaning i didnt get accepted. really upsetting. i have wasted my time doing it. i think you guys should respond back to everyone say if they get accepted or not. i waited and waited for a reply. i totally regret wasting my time.

kalyee

What really bothers me is that i spent alot of time typing the application, then i never got a response back meaning i didnt get accepted. really upsetting. i have wasted my time doing it. i think you guys should respond back to everyone say if they get accepted or not. i waited and waited for a reply. i totally regret wasting my time.
Looking at it as a waste of time is totally your decision, but I think that's a really ungrateful way to view it. They don't have to give us these opportunities to apply to be a bigger part of MyVMK, and to help get things running smoothly - they could just do it all themselves and take much, much longer. You have to realize they have a million things to take care of on top of the endless applications, and expecting so much from them is a bit harsh - they're only human.
I'm sorry to those who didn't get a response, as I know I was waiting around for ages back on OVMK with applications, but they may just not have the time, and that's totally understandable.

philitup

The Internet Champion!
Looking at it as a waste of time is totally your decision, but I think that's a really ungrateful way to view it. They don't have to give us these opportunities to apply to be a bigger part of MyVMK, and to help get things running smoothly - they could just do it all themselves and take much, much longer. You have to realize they have a million things to take care of on top of the endless applications, and expecting so much from them is a bit harsh - they're only human.
I'm sorry to those who didn't get a response, as I know I was waiting around for ages back on OVMK with applications, but they may just not have the time, and that's totally understandable.
I couldn't agree more. How many times do I have to say this? They aren't Disney, and what would it matter even if they did get back to you saying you aren't going to be a tester?

This is how jobs work in the real world. You can spend hours filling out an application, and you'll never hear a word from anyone at the place about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.