Would you VMK date someone?

Would you VMK date someone?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
my roommate told me vmk was back and i was so happy to play again but one thing i noticed about this game is nobody does taken. i think its good but i will say i was taken often on vmk so i did like going to those speed dating things and then going to the bay be daycares to adopt a kid LOL and then buying a monsters door to share the room with them. the question is would u date someone on vmk ( NOT in real life )

philitup

The Internet Champion!
Some people do this, they even have these big weddings and they post about it on the forums. But I think most of us have grown out of it, like my best friend here is @ChristinaMarie and maybe in the old VMK we would be taken by each other, but it just feels weird now.

Sophia

Lol I think it's only weird if you take it seriously. I think those marriage ceremonies and the whole "taken" thing are soo funny.
I'm down to be virtually taken for laughs but yeah if someone takes it serious, it's really creepy o.o

Like what everyone else is saying, I feel as if we've grown out of that. The community is primarily older people who have returned to play.

I do remember there was a brief time in my VMK career I did taken, but VMK always kept that out of it, other games were a lot worse.

Jasmine

I think we're past "taken", but long distance relationships do exist, and there are players on here that are currently in them. I think it's sweet. So if the timing was right, would I be in a ldr with one of my guy friends that plays the game? Sure, why not?

Chill

I was only 8 or 9 when people played taken lol so I never really did that but I did use to do those weird things where you would dress up like a baby and stand in a public room and say stuff like "Baby in need of mom and dad!" And then once you find a "mom and dad" you just follow them around and make baby noises. Hahahahaha. At times, I do wish we were back in that mindset just to get the "true throwback effect", but it's obvious that everyone here is too mature for those games. In this community I wouldn't "vmk date" anyone, lol. It would just be weird now that everyone's waaay past the awkward yet kinda cute tween age. It's cute though and thinking about it brings back memories.

Valkyrie

Not so Active Member
Nope.

Sophia

I think we're past "taken", but long distance relationships do exist, and there are players on here that are currently in them. I think it's sweet. So if the timing was right, would I be in a ldr with one of my guy friends that plays the game? Sure, why not?
Aw that's cute, I didn't even know anyone here were dating in real but I wish whoever is in these long distance relationships good luck!

It has changed from "taken" to "ed8." Quite honestly, it's the same as in literally every game in existence, everyone does it. On RS I know of two people that were together for literally years and they had recently met each other. Another... my teammate on BF3 has been ed8ing this one chick since the BC2 days... and that was yearssss ago, still together.

Personally if I had to tally... discounting the psychopathic cry babies i've encountered... like two. If they're cool why not? lol

Aptil

°☆。* Unburnable Trash *・°☆
Welllll.."Taken" at this point isn't a game unless people make it one to be ironic or funny. Online relationships/LDRs are legit and if someone does gain a romantic relationship out of this game like a lot of people have and currently are, then heck that's great~! It really does happen in every single game and I think it's kinda odd that people are all like "no no more taken pls god no" like it's the worst thing ever LOL. It kiiiiinda bothers me a bit too because actual in-game couples are slapped with the creepy/immature labels because people are assuming that they're just playing the Taken game and are taking it to another level when in reality those in-game couples are in a legitimate online relationship.

Soo, would I play the Taken game with someone these days? Probably not, lol.
Buut would I get into a legitimate online relationship with someone from this game? Sure~! qvq I mean, a lot of factors apply here but I'm totally open to it. A relationship is a relationship no matter where it begins- even if it begins in a game like VMK.