User-created items

I'd love it if there would be a contest in the future for fans to submit sprite sheets of clothing items they designed. I mean, I've seen some pretty awesome graphic work done and if we could implement those into the game, I feel it'd be a great way of saying 'this Kingdom is ours!' What are your thoughts?

Amy

Head Administrator
I'm still planning on implementing my Steam Workshop clone idea for the game, meaning people will be able to go to the website and submit content they've created. Users will be able to post comments and vote for what they want to see in the game. The stuff that gets the most votes (after staff approval) will be put into the game. People who get their item into the game will receive a special (non-tradeable) creators version of the game, a special content creators pin and possiblymore. That hasn't been decided yet.

Kaeliah

Previously Tessa
Amy said:
I'm still planning on implementing my Steam Workshop clone idea for the game, meaning people will be able to go to the website and submit content they've created. Users will be able to post comments and vote for what they want to see in the game. The stuff that gets the most votes (after staff approval) will be put into the game.

{That sounds like a great plan! :smile:

-Tessa?

Amy said:
I'm still planning on implementing my Steam Workshop clone idea for the game, meaning people will be able to go to the website and submit content they've created. Users will be able to post comments and vote for what they want to see in the game. The stuff that gets the most votes (after staff approval) will be put into the game.
That is an awesome idea, I'm all for it! Love seeing new things in the game.

I absolutely love these ideas!! It would be so fun to vote as a community for our favorites! Now I really wish I actually had the skill to design and submit something... :(

Amy said:
I'm still planning on implementing my Steam Workshop clone idea for the game, meaning people will be able to go to the website and submit content they've created. Users will be able to post comments and vote for what they want to see in the game. The stuff that gets the most votes (after staff approval) will be put into the game. People who get their item into the game will receive a special (non-tradeable) creators version of the game, a special content creators pin and possiblymore. That hasn't been decided yet.

LOVE the idea. I like to dabble on gimp, but not sure of how to create stuff that is usable in the game. Are there special files to be created when making items to use? Like do they need to be .bmp files or something else? Also the rooms, what kind of files for them, .png and .jpg would do? or something else?

Some of us would like to participate but are noobs on the side of implementing this task. Thanks for the input. :)

Amy said:
Absolutely love this concept! This will definitely make me and I'm sure other people of the community feel like they have a voice or a say so in helping create the game.

Amy said:
This is so cool! It's like the best guest room pins but for content!

What is a special creators version of the game? Anyone know?

V_MK

I've got a dream
You read my mind. This is a fantastic idea. I think it should be an regular thing. Maybe not too regular, maybe like once every three months or so we have a contest.

Geggy

Amy said:
I think this route will win a lot of votes. I think it's great, personally!!

V_MK

I've got a dream
Amy said:
Oh! I just saw this now. Perfect!!!!!!

The only problem is, some people will create items that even if they are voted they still will have problems or may look choppy. So I guess after that the graphics team could clean them up a bit, I don't know.

Arctic said:
The only problem is, some people will create items that even if they are voted they still will have problems or may look choppy. So I guess after that the graphics team could clean them up a bit, I don't know.
Amy already said, we will only vote on items that have already been admin approved, so nothing choppy would be up for vote. :)

Fairy

Amy said:
Love the idea, I'd definitely be submitting lots of stuff. Heh.

Jinx

You Owe Me A Soda! :D
I would love to definitely implement some clothing ideas that I have c:
I love to draw, however I am not a graphics artist so I guess I would have to see someone for that haha xD

This concept really appeals to me, as I design other virtual clothing. I certainly hope there will be templates?