The baseball thread

its fine braves that you didn't win at the bottom of the 14th.. pitching was...
That game was fantastic. Nothing made sense.

Curtis Granderson went 0-6 with a throwing error and a walk-off sacrifice. Daisuke Matsuzaka was pure gold for three innings. The Mets bullpen was pure gold for eight innings. The Mets are playing .500 baseball with only 144 games left.

Cardinals: watch out. The New York Metropolitans are a ball club with 25 players on their active roster, and many of those players have potential to play baseball. We will score at least some runs. We might win some games.

That game was fantastic. Nothing made sense.

Curtis Granderson went 0-6 with a throwing error and a walk-off sacrifice. Daisuke Matsuzaka was pure gold for three innings. The Mets bullpen was pure gold for eight innings. The Mets are playing .500 baseball with only 144 games left.

Cardinals: watch out. The New York Metropolitans are a ball club with 25 players on their active roster, and many of those players have potential to play baseball. We will score at least some runs. We might win some games.

Hey now, the braves actually hit for once. That's an upside

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But the bullpen was relatively lights-out. I'd be afraid if the Mets bullpen only let up about 6 runners over 8 innings. ;)

Actually, the braves need a new batting coach. They cannot make contact with the ball. Dan Uggla is a good example of that. But lately, he has been proving me wrong. Like his grandslam the other night for example. I honestly think after they sign with the braves, they give up or something

Actually, the braves need a new batting coach. They cannot make contact with the ball. Dan Uggla is a good example of that. But lately, he has been proving me wrong. Like his grandslam the other night for example. I honestly think after they sign with the braves, they give up or something
The Mets have their hitting issues, but I can't hold it against the coach. I really like his philosophy and I think it might pay off down the road. They're really not that bad of a hitting team as it stands. Half the lineup looks a little lost right now, but last I checked, this team is winning its games with offense rather than starting pitching as originally expeected.

And newly-signed Mets are notorious for having freak performance drops. Jason Bay and now Curtis Granderson are strong cases of that. The plus side of Granderson is that his BABIP is only .167 which is unsustainably low. That should regress towards .300, and his BA/OBP will increase accordingly. As he gets on base, he'll get comfortable and start hitting for power.

aceastrofan

The one and only...
The pitcher was talking trash to Gomez though. I know he must have looked at the ball for a split second too long or some ********, but that honestly shouldn't be a big deal.
My main issue with it is his standing in the box, bat flip, and a slow trot towards first. Similar to what Puig does, and it irritates me when he does it.

The pitcher was talking trash to Gomez though. I know he must have looked at the ball for a split second too long or some ********, but that honestly shouldn't be a big deal.
I have a small man crush on Carlos Gomez, and I admit he kinda did play that badly. Just run. Run with all your absolutely insane speed.

I also have a small amount of resentment about that trade. Maybe I'm just a baseball wizard or something, but I knew Gomez was going places, and I knew Fernando Martinez was going to bomb. Trading for Johan Santana was a good move, but the Mets tremendously overestimated F-Mart. I'm also drooling over the prospect of an outfield consisting of Carlos Gomez, Juan Lagares, and somebody else. I don't think you even need a third outfielder with fielding of that caliber.

Brb, gonna cry because Gomez is on another team and Lagares is on the DL.

Last edited:

philitup

The Internet Champion!
Brewers all the way! They pretty much have the best record right now and how about that game today along with the bench clearing action?
OMG! You're a Brewers fan?!

----------

And after looking at the brawl yesterday, Cole did drop the F-bomb on Gomez, which is a lot more uncalled for then just looking at a hard hit baseball for a few seconds. I'm not saying that it 's okay to show a pitcher up like that, but don't get so upset about it.

Last edited:
Cole definitely started it after Gomez thought he had a homer, but c'mon Cole didn't need to cuss at him. But Gomez probably didn't have to go at him, but you gotta give him credit. He was provoked!

philitup

The Internet Champion!
Can I just say I love nyjer

Although I'm ticked he got sent to the minors. He is a better center fielder than Michael Bourn

Already??? LOL! He hasn't been good in the MLB since 2011. He was pretty good in Japan so I was hoping he would turn it around. Very misunderstood BTW, just ask any Cardinal fan.

allison

Already??? LOL! He hasn't been good in the MLB since 2011. He was pretty good in Japan so I was hoping he would turn it around. Very misunderstood BTW, just ask any Cardinal fan.

I don't know man lol. He was pretty good in Cleveland, he had the highest OBP for the season (for the team). I think he got sent down to make room for Bourn

Last edited: