Community Announcement regarding Community Leaders!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing how they have chosen staff on forum, I'm pretty sure they'll do fine with choosing community leaders. I hope. There are a good pool of candidates that have been mentioned so far, and likely who haven't been mentioned as well. Likely who will be chosen is someone who is often engaged in the game, interacts with other players, and has a good application - reason to become a community leader. I wouldn't worry so much about it being a popularity contest though it seems to be through recommendations on this thread regardless staff seem to be more objective now as need be to consider who would be best at the job. So everyone has a fair chance if qualifiable :)

WaffWaff

I believe the reason for having CL is for people who have a question or concern and see someone with the badge, that they know they can go to him/her and ask them their question or concern. I believe strongly that this is staffs way of improving our community, but we have never be a perfect community. Just because someone gets many nominations doesn't mean they will automatically be a CL. Sure, it will probably help out staff in deciding who to pick, but they won't rely completely on the nominations by themselves. Just because you may not be a CL after staff choose, doesn't mean you can't still be helpful to others. I think this will be a great way for our community to know who they can go talk to if in need of assistance.

I believe the reason for having CL is for people who have a question or concern and see someone with the badge, that they know they can go to him/her and ask them their question or concern. I believe strongly that this is staffs way of improving our community, but we have never be a perfect community. Just because someone gets many nominations doesn't mean they will automatically be a CL. Sure, it will probably help out staff in deciding who to pick, but they won't rely completely on the nominations by themselves. Just because you may not be a CL after staff choose, doesn't mean you can't still be helpful to others. I think this will be a great way for our community to know who they can go talk to if in need of assistance.
I believe Snow should clarify on exactly how it works to prevent arguments and disagreements to happen.

Lindsay

I think this is a bad idea. Eventually it will lead to people striving for the CL's attention at every moment for no reason but to have their attention, just like users already do with staff, hosts, and forums mods. Maybe if rather than applying users who were actually seen helping out and being a leader many times throughout the game were chosen I'd be more for it. But all I can see is people abusing their CL status and other users bowing down to them as if they were gods.

Although I'm against it, good luck to all that apply!

Ms_Special

Some have pointed out that people will find comfort In having someone they can go to with their questions, but honestly, how often do you see any staff outside from events? The only people I have really seen outside of an event is Amy and Absolem. Forum staff are always around, but I wouldn't consider them in-game staff. This is just another couple of people that will be less than available for players to be in contact with. Therefore, I stand by my opinion of this position being pointless.

WaffWaff

Some have pointed out that people will find comfort In having someone they can go to with their questions, but honestly, how often do you see any staff outside from events? The only people I have really seen outside of an event is Amy and Absolem. Forum staff are always around, but I wouldn't consider them in-game staff. This is just another couple of people that will be less than available for players to be in contact with. Therefore, I stand by my opinion of this position being pointless.
I've seen multiple staff outside of events, They have busy schedules also, just like all of us.

Gallifreyan

The Slightly More Chosen One
I think that's the whole point of the CL program, to have someone to go to when you need help. Right now we have hosts and mods and they're busy either preparing for their events or actually moderating so

I completely understand the negative outcomes of this program but I think it's going to do more good than bad.

philitup

The Internet Champion!
@Macario , I complete and 100% agree with you post. I am very concerned that this will just become a popularity contest. One can only hope that our Admins can see through that. I have full faith in them, especially if they don't want to throw away what they worked so hard to build.

It really will be sad if this is just a popularity contest because I've met tons of "popular" players on VMK that are quite rude; especially to players who don't wear rare clothes or pins. I really hope the admins look beyond popularity and pick players they can trust. Regardless, this is like politics sometimes I guess; you just go with whatever's there.
That was great. I see people here pretty much copying and pasting their whole friends list and saying "they should be community leaders". And that's fine if they want their friends to be CL's, that's what being a friend is all about, being supportive. But I really do hope that the staff pick royal players that really care for this community, and I'm not just saying this for me because I posted a few good names that truly deserve it earlier. But point is, pick players you can trust, don't just pick the next popular person there is.

I would like more information on what duties would be expected of this position and if there is a time amount each day you would be required to do these duties. As being "active" playing the games or riding the dark rides isn't really being active with others.

chloeandre

Constistently thankful
I have a question! Will the players chosen just get CL_ added to the beginning of their in-game name or will they have a separate account like staff does? I'm thinking it'll be the first one, but I'm curious :)
Applied, though! :) Can't wait to see who is chosen!

Littlebelle

Smile and the world smiles with you
I believe staff pretty well know who they are going to pick. I would love to know what the program entails. There are many who have earned the respect of other players. Not because of who they hang with, or who they know. They have earned it by being real, having the real characteristics of a leader. I do not see this as a popularity contest. My hope is that this program would help keep the community positive :) I am sure it will be a very few people chosen. What is the harm of trying? If it does not work scrap the program. I am content in who I am so if I am or not chosen it does not effect my ability to have a good time on myvmk. So say a few are chosen how does that really affect your game play. I do not see it as a rare thing to collect. I actually see it as more responsibility. Though I have no idea what. I do not even see it as a status thing. I see it as a way to help the game. I think many people are seeing this as a status thing. That they would be better somehow. If I was chosen I would be the same Littlebelle. I do not think I am any better or worse than someone else. I also would not think if others were chosen they were better than me either. I think the reason to apply is to make sure they do not over look people who may not be as well known on this forum. Also to see who would be interested. So lets wait and see. I am still waiting to get chosen for the testing server.I have more than earned that with my building abilities. But have not. Has it affected my game play no. Has it ruin anything for me no. It is all how you look at things. :)

I'm going to be addressing some of the issues that arose in this thread:
  • Community Leaders will be making separate accounts this time around. This is to avoid having the players that are chosen having to balance between being professional and just playing the game. Seeing as our staff have separate accounts, we feel as though it would be a lot easier for the Community Leaders to as well.
  • The recommendations that we have allowed to be sent in, do not necessarily benefit whoever is mentioned. We know the players, we know that friends will obviously try to recommend their friends. Just because someone is recommended to the program, does not mean they have an advantage over someone who just applies. Everyone has an equal chance.
  • The duties of a Community Leader will be: Being a model player to the community, welcoming new members with open arms, being a guide to new players that need assistance with learning about the kingdom, CLs will be given tasks to allow for a smooth running program, when HOSTs need assistance a CL can be called upon to help out with an event, and overall being a source of information to new and old players alike.
  • How will this program be different? For one, the separate accounts make the separation of being a player and being a leader much easier. The CL's will be a very small group, being much easier to look over. The rules that the Community Leaders will need to abide by are very specific, which will not allow immature behavior.
  • There is not a specific amount of time you must be active in order to be considered "active".
  • Just because there are applications does not mean that we are going off of the applications alone. We know our players, we have seen some very good players around the community without their being a position involved. We know who is doing well around the community, with or without the applications. That being said, the purpose of the applications is to give us a look at players that we might not have necessarily did before. We do not remember every single player, with the community growing, it is rather difficult. They also give us a insight at who wants the position, considering some players might not.
  • One thing I will say over and over again, it is not a popularity contest by any means. Just because a player is well known does not increase their chances of being chosen for this position.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask <3

-Snow

Mademoiselle

Thank you a great ton for taking the time to clarify and reassure certain concerns! :)

chloeandre

Constistently thankful
Thanks for taking the time to answer just about everything! I think this programs going work out great and is much needed.

deviousdormouse

I'm going to be addressing some of the issues that arose in this thread:
  • Community Leaders will be making separate accounts this time around. This is to avoid having the players that are chosen having to balance between being professional and just playing the game. Seeing as our staff have separate accounts, we feel as though it would be a lot easier for the Community Leaders to as well.
  • The recommendations that we have allowed to be sent in, do not necessarily benefit whoever is mentioned. We know the players, we know that friends will obviously try to recommend their friends. Just because someone is recommended to the program, does not mean they have an advantage over someone who just applies. Everyone has an equal chance.
  • The duties of a Community Leader will be: Being a model player to the community, welcoming new members with open arms, being a guide to new players that need assistance with learning about the kingdom, CLs will be given tasks to allow for a smooth running program, when HOSTs need assistance a CL can be called upon to help out with an event, and overall being a source of information to new and old players alike.
  • How will this program be different? For one, the separate accounts make the separation of being a player and being a leader much easier. The CL's will be a very small group, being much easier to look over. The rules that the Community Leaders will need to abide by are very specific, which will not allow immature behavior.
  • There is not a specific amount of time you must be active in order to be considered "active".
  • Just because there are applications does not mean that we are going off of the applications alone. We know our players, we have seen some very good players around the community without their being a position involved. We know who is doing well around the community, with or without the applications. That being said, the purpose of the applications is to give us a look at players that we might not have necessarily did before. We do not remember every single player, with the community growing, it is rather difficult. They also give us a insight at who wants the position, considering some players might not.
  • One thing I will say over and over again, it is not a popularity contest by any means. Just because a player is well known does not increase their chances of being chosen for this position.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask <3

-Snow
I have a question about the separate accounts thing. Will players who become community leaders be able to transfer all their stuff over to their new account? How will this work exactly?

chloeandre

Constistently thankful
I have a question about the separate accounts thing. Will players who become community leaders be able to transfer all their stuff over to their new account? How will this work exactly?
I believe all of your things will stay on your player account. The point of having separate accounts is so that you can keep your player life separate from your CL life. Did that make sense? Haha. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.