Frozen Attraction Coming

VampireBoy

By the way just a little extra if you read the article in that link it says that Elsa is going to be taking over the Christmas fireworks display at the Magic Kingdom now too.

aceastrofan

The one and only...
I'm sure Frozen's a great movie, and I definitely think Disney got their hit movie they've missed for a while. However, the whole Frozen thing is starting to get old and overdone (at least for me). I've enjoyed Maelstrom since I went to Disney World in 2003. It's a nice, thrilling ride. It disappoints me that they're gonna remove the thrilling ride for something that some Norwegian and Scandinavian people might think misrepresents their country/region. I also think the ride will lose any trace of scariness it had before. The way the ride sounds, it actually doesn't sound that fun for me at least.

Last edited:

Bindingkey

Shocker *sarcasm*

But on the real, I do love Frozen. Let's hope they use this opportunity to put another coaster into the park, rather than just a ride.
I actually do think a Frozen themed attraction would do very well as a roller coaster concept similar to Expedition Everest mixed with Rockin Roller Coaster, that also contains portions of next gen dark ride technology. My concept is rough, but basically you recount the story of Frozen via a water-log fume gentle ride through a summery Arendelle that takes you to a large shed. From there, you climb up into the mountains and everything starts freezing. Then the first coaster portion begins and the real action happens inside the mountain. Then in between the coaster runs are dark ride-themed scenes showing you parts of the film, more specifically: For The First Time In Forever, Let It Go and finally the Great Thaw that ends the movie. I think if handled, themed and laid out properly, they could have a Frozen attraction that, for once, isn't too rehashed and is actually unique in concept and execution. it should be called "Frozen Mountain" or something and the queue line should take you into the Scandinavian villa that resembles Arendelle palace, and the show building is inside, and behind a tall mountain. While exiting the attraction you should be able to see a small replica of Elsa's ice palace on the side of the mountain that's visible.[DOUBLEPOST=1410555540][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm sure Frozen's a great movie, and I definitely think Disney got their hit movie they've missed for a while. However, the whole Frozen thing is starting to get old and overdone (at least for me). I've enjoyed Maelstrom since I went to Disney World in 2003. It's a nice, thrilling ride. It disappoints me that they're gonna remove the thrilling ride for something that some Norwegian and Scandinavian people might think misrepresents their country/region. I also think the ride will lose any trace of scariness it had before.
They don't. Norwegians have spoken out about this before, they actually think the movie is spot on for representation. You shouldn't speak for countries and peoples you don't know. Just because Disney represents a country in their films doesn't necessarily mean they don't even try to appropriately show representation. In fact, if you saw the ABC special "The Story of Frozen" which is essentially a documentary on how they made the movie, you'd know that they actually visited Norway so they could have a better idea and understanding of the culture, the aesthetics and atmosphere.

Disney does try to represent their cultures honestly and accurately. They're faced scrutiny for doing it poorly before, but that doesn't mean they don't. As I said, as well, do not speak for other people. It may seem like that to you, but it probably isn't to them and you're simply reading too much into the topic.

I'm sorry, like this is just the one problem I had with your post. Now, onto the idea that Maelstrom is a thrilling ride is honestly not true. It was interesting to see and experience when we're little, and I still like it to this day, but it's dated -- both in content and in technology -- and it's just a neat sit-through experience but nothing thrilling about it.

What comes with this whole subject is understanding and accepting that this was a long time coming. Maelstrom, as well as most of the attractions in Epcot's country pavilions, are dated and frankly boring. Disney was always going to end up tackling these attractions sooner than later. Personally I'm saddened that it's starting with this ride, for a (at the core) very stupid reason to take it out, but this was going to happen at some point in time and honestly I would rather it be replaced by something that I love and that many children will love. Epcot doesn't get a lot of attention because its concept is considered a borefest, honestly I do think Disney should replace all the attractions with those themed to the appropriate films that are set in them.

Last edited:
Ew Elsa at Wishes. Please turn my heart to ice now. Thank You.[DOUBLEPOST=1410556656][/DOUBLEPOST]You just made my day. Thanks :)

I'm sure Frozen's a great movie, and I definitely think Disney got their hit movie they've missed for a while. However, the whole Frozen thing is starting to get old and overdone (at least for me). I've enjoyed Maelstrom since I went to Disney World in 2003. It's a nice, thrilling ride. It disappoints me that they're gonna remove the thrilling ride for something that some Norwegian and Scandinavian people might think misrepresents their country/region. I also think the ride will lose any trace of scariness it had before. The way the ride sounds, it actually doesn't sound that fun for me at least.

Yuck,because they'll take out Blue fairy and Jiminy. She has her own fireworks show that is terrible so keep her there.

I understand the Maelstrom thing but why Wishes? Elsa is a perfect addition, especially for Christmastime, I actually think the idea of an ice princess is the perfect touch for Disney Parks during the holidays.

Bindingkey

Its a bad idea because i know this ride will be rushed and be a disney mess. :\
New Fantasyland was neither rushed nor a Disney mess. I'm sure they'll do just fine with a Frozen attraction. If Disney really wanted to rush Frozen, there would've been an attraction's release date for spring next year out already. Disney understands that, while Frozen is their currently biggest hit in a long time, people are tired of this and it hasn't even been a year yet. The fact they waited until summer to even introduce any actual representation in-park says volumes that Disney is willing to be patient with this.

Hurricane

New Fantasyland was neither rushed nor a Disney mess. I'm sure they'll do just fine with a Frozen attraction. If Disney really wanted to rush Frozen, there would've been an attraction's release date for spring next year out already. Disney understands that, while Frozen is their currently biggest hit in a long time, people are tired of this and it hasn't even been a year yet. The fact they waited until summer to even introduce any actual representation in-park says volumes that Disney is willing to be patient with this.
New fantasyland also took 4 years to finally complete, but how long it is being built doesn't really mean how good it is gonna be.
Disney is not what they use to be, They need to start doing what they were known for, making innovated rides. Recently Disney has been relying to much on there name and brand, It is really making some people upset.
I'm just saying they really need to make this ride innovated, kinda like how they made "Disneyland's mystic manor ride" And not just do a layover.

Last edited:

AlphaTheEdge

Hate to break it to y'all, but change at Disney is inevitable. Whether you like frozen or not it is THE HIGHEST GROSSING ANIMATED MOVIE EVER. How can Disney not milk every last drop for it? I don't like it being in EPCOT. Mainly because Epcot doesn't have a lot of Disney movie references in it as it. But mainly because it disrupts the flow of the world showcase. Mexico, Canada, France, morocco, Arendalle..? It just doesn't make sense. Why not put your biggest hit in the biggest park? And I will be especially mad if this ride is like the recent Little Mermaid ride. Not because it sucks, bc the ride is amazing quality, but because there are too many of the ride through the movie type rides. They need something new and exciting. Soon Pandora is coming to Disney and it's not even Disney brand!!! So I'm excited about Grozen coming, it's just the location that bothers me.

Also worth noting, EPCOT needs kid friendly stuff, but a Walt intended this park to be for adults. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Just the best ride ever. Frozen is a decent movie. Not my favorite, but not terrible like Bolt. I saw it once and was like hmmm, good movie. Saw it the second time and it was just not the same and I didn't want to watch it. In the old days, Disney cared about making magic. Now, all they care about is making money. For Disney now, Money > Magic and no one can argue that. It's sad, but true. Disney needs to get on the ball and actually build something people will pay for like a Star Wars land at MGM. They don't need a frozen ride or avatar land (2nd worst decision in history of decisions after Napoleon decided to invade Russia in the winter). Depending on how this pans out (not looking good already), it may or may not make me hate the changes Disney has started doing and the lack of changes they are doing. I love Maelstorm and I'm lucky to ride it from my home through the magic of youtube.