Frozen Attraction Coming

I'm not shocked to be honest. I can see like a 'Meet-a-Characters' booth so you can see Anna, Elsa, Olaf, etc in Norway. But a whole attraction? I don't know, it probably could translate well if done right. Maybe its the nostalgia talking, I have such a soft spot for Maelstrom and its quirkyness.
Maelstorm was one of the most exciting attractions out of the World Showcase in my opinion. I don't think a whole attraction towards Frozen should represent Norway(not to say it doesn't, in a documentary about the making of Frozen, Disney paid very close attention how Norway's lifestyle, culture, etc.) it should represent fables told from Norway or history of the country itself, this is just my opinion though. I'm torn, but really excited for the update/attraction. :)

Last edited:

Bindingkey

Hate to break it to y'all, but change at Disney is inevitable. Whether you like frozen or not it is THE HIGHEST GROSSING ANIMATED MOVIE EVER. How can Disney not milk every last drop for it? I don't like it being in EPCOT. Mainly because Epcot doesn't have a lot of Disney movie references in it as it. But mainly because it disrupts the flow of the world showcase. Mexico, Canada, France, morocco, Arendalle..? It just doesn't make sense. Why not put your biggest hit in the biggest park? And I will be especially mad if this ride is like the recent Little Mermaid ride. Not because it sucks, bc the ride is amazing quality, but because there are too many of the ride through the movie type rides. They need something new and exciting. Soon Pandora is coming to Disney and it's not even Disney brand!!! So I'm excited about Grozen coming, it's just the location that bothers me.

Also worth noting, EPCOT needs kid friendly stuff, but a Walt intended this park to be for adults. It will be interesting to see what happens.
It'll stay Norway though, they're just gonna alter the theme of the country a bit to be more generally Scandinavian. And this is just confirmation there will be Frozen influences and an attraction. We don't know what they're planning on doing, I'm pretty sure the Imagineers are very aware people would be upset about the attraction leaving and the fact that many people would be hesitant about exactly where it might be going.

Epcot has always respected the individuality in other countries, even so the differences between what is presented in films and in the real places. Norway is getting a touch up, and a revamp of Maelstrom to be heavy inspired by Frozen. Other countries have been heavily inspired by their respected films as well, Morocco exists because of Aladdin, there are Notre Dame inspirations in France (it may not have anything to do with HoND but still), and so on. Frozen takes a lot of inspiration from Scandinavian aesthetics and expanding on that is all this is confirming. I, for one, always figured if Frozen became big enough it would be added into Norway in a huge way sooner or later.

Where Magic Kingdom is concerned, they literally just finished New Fantasyland, they aren't adding anything for easily a decade, it's too late for Frozen to be added there. The best form of representation will be Princess Fairytale Hall, which isn't much.

VampireBoy

Shocker *sarcasm*

But on the real, I do love Frozen. Let's hope they use this opportunity to put another coaster into the park, rather than just a ride.
Actually I already heard its not going to be a coaster its actually just going to be either a boat ride or just a dark ride plain and simple and also I never really cared for the Maelstrom ride anyways because even as a child I actually felt this ride was very boring and plus the popularity for this ride has died down big time. Also I can already tell the Frozen ride will be extremely popular seeing how popular the movie still is and I can honestly say the first day the ride opens there will probably be at least a 6 hour wait line for this Frozen ride and plus you got to realize that since Disney knows this is their money maker right now the Frozen takeover is probably not going to stop.

Last edited:

KMystikroots

A demon who vaguely sauntered downwards
:allthethings::C Maelstrom :C nuuuuu.....

Tohrukun

Is it even going to be a ride? From what I read it sounded like it was going to be more of a meet-and-greet experience :/

But Frozen fever will only grow-there will be beauty in it, but also great danger (to other attractions)!

Magic kingdom
Its a frozen world
Big Ice Mountain Railroad
Elsa's frozen snowman spin
Carousel of Frozen
Hall of frozen things
frozen mansion
Elsa's great escape
The Love Expert Jamboree
Enchanted Tiki Room Under New Management, Again (hosted by Olaf)
North Mountain
Ice Mountain
Reindeer Are Better Than People Mover
Snowmen of the Caribbean
Sven and Kristoff's Laugh Floor
Mad Ice Party
Frozen Cruise

Hollywood Studios
Rock n Frozen Coaster
Tower of froze in terror
The Great Frozen Ride
The frozen studio backlot tour
Frozen tours
Elsas frozen stunt spectacular.
Arendelle Idol Experience
The Art of Frozen Animation
Snow Tours
Frozen*Vision 3D

Epcot
Mission ice
Ice track
Journey into a frozen imagination RIP :(
Soarin' over Arendelle
The American Adventure hosted by Elsa and Anna
Elsa's Energy Adventure
The Snow with Olaf and Friends
Spaceship Ice

Animal Kingdom
Finding Elsa the musical
Expedition frozen...legend of marshmallow
Kali frozen river rapids
Frozen-evil whirl
Anna and Elsa's Frozen Safari
It's Tough to be a Snowman
Festival of the frozen queen
or
Festival of the Lyin' Prince

Last edited:
NO MORE MAELSTROM?! What am I going to do without the fun going-backwardsness there for me in World Showcase???

I would have thought it would be in Magic Kingdom, and not EPCOT. Maelstrom is one of my very favourite rides. :(

Shocker *sarcasm*

But on the real, I do love Frozen. Let's hope they use this opportunity to put another coaster into the park, rather than just a ride.
As cool as a Frozen coaster would be, Disney will probably do something more little-kid-friendly.

Is it even going to be a ride? From what I read it sounded like it was going to be more of a meet-and-greet experience :/

But Frozen fever will only grow-there will be beauty in it, but also great danger (to other attractions)!

Magic kingdom
Its a frozen world
Carousel of Frozen
Hall of frozen things
frozen mansion
Elsa's great escape
The Love Expert Jamboree
North Mountain
Ice Mountain
Snowmen of the Caribbean
Mad Ice Party
Frozen Cruise

Hollywood Studios
Rock n Frozen Coaster
Tower of froze in terror
The Great Frozen Ride
10. The frozen studio backlot tour
Frozen tours
Snow Tours
Frozen*Vision 3D

Epcot
Mission ice
Ice track
Journey into a frozen imagination
Soarin' over Arendelle
Elsa's Energy Adventure
Spaceship Ice

Animal Kingdom
Finding Elsa the musical
Kali frozen river rapids
Frozen evil whirl
These made me laugh. Hard. Especially Reindeer Are Better Than People Mover and Festival of the Lyin' Prince. :)

Epcot
Figments gone D: so i doubt they could make it "Frozen" considering the ride is gone (cries inside)

On another note me and my mom predicted this when the film came out. everyone's gonna need a fasspass to just get INTO Norway :| (like harry potter land) Though i do love the ride i'm a bit worried they might mess it up (like the Mexico ride) i still love Disney and everyhting about it but this worries me a tad.

Desertfreak

Lost Desert team member

Magic kingdom
Its a frozen world
Carousel of Frozen
Hall of frozen things
frozen mansion
Elsa's great escape
The Love Expert Jamboree
North Mountain
Ice Mountain
Snowmen of the Caribbean
Mad Ice Party
Frozen Cruise

Hollywood Studios
Rock n Frozen Coaster
Tower of froze in terror
The Great Frozen Ride
10. The frozen studio backlot tour
Frozen tours
Snow Tours
Frozen*Vision 3D

Epcot
Mission ice
Ice track
Soarin' over Arendelle
Elsa's Energy Adventure
Spaceship Ice

Animal Kingdom
Finding Elsa the musical
Kali frozen river rapids
Frozen evil whirl
You don't know how hard I laughed at that! Also, I'm half and half on this. I love the track of maelstrom, so if they keep it like a river ride i'll be happy, I wouldn't mind a dark ride either. Frozen is getting a little overused IMO, so not sure on that aspect. Also it takes away the uniqueness that the world showcase had. I'm sure its going to be a great quality ride and very enjoyable but I would have liked it somewhere else.

VampireBoy

I was actually thinking a Frozen ride would be best suited at Disney Hollywood Studios since that is where the Frozen event is actually hosted and plus they don't have many rides to enjoy at Disney Hollywood Studios as it is so a Frozen ride would actually help add to that and give them another popular attraction.

It has been up in the air for a while on whether or not Maelstrom would be replaced by a Frozen attraction. It is bittersweet, but as long as Norway doesn't become Arendelle, I'll live through the heartache of losing Maelstrom

acebatonfan

*sarcasm time*

Welcome to the all-new Froway... because Norway is so 2013. Head inside this mini Arrendale and experience the wonderful magic of Frozen! Look to your left and experience a permanent Oaken's Store and Sauna -only $15 for five minutes in the sauna. Head straight ahead and experience the all new Frozen ride -a tier 1 FP+ so now you need to determine whether you want a FP+ for Test Track, Soarin', or a bunch of singing animatronics we put together in four weeks! Look to your right, and enjoy a deluxe meal inside Elsa's castle -only two Table Service credits if you're on the Disney Dining Plan (good luck getting a table if you don't book at midnight EST 180 days before the start of your vacation). Can't get a table for dining with Elsa, head on over to the troll's hill Quick Service place for "fresh" and frozen-themed sandwiches -these sandwiches might be a fixer-upper, but you're thinning wallet and expanding waistline will say otherwise!

And remember: Froway... because Norway is so 2013 *sarcasm mode off*

VampireBoy

*sarcasm time*

Welcome to the all-new Froway... because Norway is so 2013. Head inside this mini Arrendale and experience the wonderful magic of Frozen! Look to your left and experience a permanent Oaken's Store and Sauna -only $15 for five minutes in the sauna. Head straight ahead and experience the all new Frozen ride -a tier 1 FP+ so now you need to determine whether you want a FP+ for Test Track, Soarin', or a bunch of singing animatronics we put together in four weeks! Look to your right, and enjoy a deluxe meal inside Elsa's castle -only two Table Service credits if you're on the Disney Dining Plan (good luck getting a table if you don't book at midnight EST 180 days before the start of your vacation). Can't get a table for dining with Elsa, head on over to the troll's hill Quick Service place for "fresh" and frozen-themed sandwiches -these sandwiches might be a fixer-upper, but you're thinning wallet and expanding waistline will say otherwise!

And remember: Froway... because Norway is so 2013 *sarcasm mode off*
I actually think I would enjoy a Frozen themed restaurant it would be pretty interesting but still this Frozen ride is coming no matter if we like it or not and honestly I would enjoy going on a Frozen ride but like I said before I think it would be more better suited at Disney Hollywood Studios but sadly Disney is going to put it in Epcot.

PirateStewy

Resident Pirate
Today was the Maelstrom's last day running and I got to go on one of its final voyages.
During the day, I also took a picture, which I added a quote to. I had to keep this in mind when in sorrow for seeing the attraction be taken away.