My apology and looking to the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JenJaws

The Owlmighty
As someone in a professional school (4th year veterinary student), I completely understand that there are two completely different perspectives. There is the perspective of the client, and the perspective of your coworkers. To the client, you need to behave completely professional at all times, regardless of what you think of them. Behind the scenes I constantly hear the faculty and doctors talk complain about others, swear about simple things, and behave a lot less professional. It's common in almost any workplace. The thing is, the behind the scenes is never seen by the client or the public. That's exactly how it sounds like here. While Kali said some things that were not very nice, she was in an angered state and an argument. A lot of people 'let it fly' during those states, and while it isn't professional, it is expected that that behavior will never leave the 'behind the scenes' environment. While the things said may have been inappropriate, Kali is human. She apologized and I truly believe she will not let that happen again. On the other hand, I feel that it was inappropriate for Cricket to release those posts to the internet. No matter how justified Cricket felt, it is never appropriate to show the public the attitudes and arguments from behind the scenes. In my mind, it is a childish maneuver to get others to help you fight your fight. This battle should have been contained to the privacy of the staff and dealt with internally. I am not condoning any actions here, and I do not know everything that went on, but I will say that Kali's professional response to this post does give me confidence in the future of MyVMK.

MamaNutty

So basically people are gonna start getting banned for mentioning this situation, right? That's basically what you're saying?
I'm sure she has already started her hit list.

MamaNutty for staff, please.
Sorry you couldn't PAY me to work with ppl like that even in the VIRTUAL world!Im just glad that wasn't my 16 year old in that chat!I understand ppl say things at the heat of the moment.. But they usually don't use words that aren't in their daily vocabulary.

Last edited:
I feel like this apology is very ingenuine . I could be wrong in this, but when you sugar coat everything and the majority of the post is irrelevent information it just doesn't sit right..
addressing the late night games did not make me feel any better about the situation

the apology goes a little like this "im sorry i messed up big time, but it was really fun and everyone who was there was having a really good time."

also i find it ironic that someone who wants everyone to have a fair chance at getting things they want, but handing out dreams badges and new pins to their friends isn't exactly a good start. As far as i can tell, all that did was give a new, rare item to people who are already wealthy. maybe they will use it for something they want though, like they're 15th firewall who knows.

and even the sign off strikes a nerve "what do you have to lose?" i kind of hope that was a joke.

Heyvcool1

Recovering from the negative stuff.
Oh forgot something.. you're like 40 something right? Then act like it, this apology is like from my 5 year old nephew because his momy forced him to do it. The whole post seems forced, and you probably don't think your in the wrong...
Please for our sanity and even yours, just leave..
I agree it DOES NOT take 3 days to write an apology. It's like she had to think of something to try an convince us. Which did not do really well obviously.

FINALLY YOU SPEAK
I don't know how to feel since I have minimum contact with staff member here and were neutral. But I do believe that staff have been horrible to the player and to fellow co-workers. Like I said before this is be going long long long road to hopefully rebuilding the trust. 6 seem like awesome staff quit plus all the player that have left/are going to leave and seem like because of this. So this isn't going to go away/forget anytime soon. I'll probably stick around but thats because I am opportunist. When you love and care for something and sometime the best course action is too let it go(in context maybe resigning/quiting). Thank you :) Forum staff working overdrive to try to keep this calm.

Last edited:
K

kittenmittens

I feel like this apology is very ingenuine . I could be wrong in this, but when you sugar coat everything and the majority of the post is irrelevent information it just doesn't sit right..
addressing the late night games did not make me feel any better about the situation

the apology goes a little like this "im sorry i messed up big time, but it was really fun and everyone who was there was having a really good time."

also i find it ironic that someone who wants everyone to have a fair chance at getting things they want, but handing out dreams badges and new pins to their friends isn't exactly a good start. As far as i can tell, all that did was give a new, rare item to people who are already wealthy. maybe they will use it for something they want though, like they're 15th firewall who knows.

and even the sign off strikes a nerve "what do you have to lose?" i kind of hope that was a joke.
the thing is, if she was genuinely sorry she would've gotten around to apologizing to us and the staff who have recently left before banning them and giving them those wretched grey ears.

Pirateboi

As someone in a professional school (4th year veterinary student), I completely understand that there are two completely different perspectives. There is the perspective of the client, and the perspective of your coworkers. To the client, you need to behave completely professional at all times, regardless of what you think of them. Behind the scenes I constantly hear the faculty and doctors talk complain about others, swear about simple things, and behave a lot less professional. It's common in almost any workplace. The thing is, the behind the scenes is never seen by the client or the public. That's exactly how it sounds like here. While Kali said some things that were not very nice, she was in an angered state and an argument. A lot of people 'let it fly' during those states, and while it isn't professional, it is expected that that behavior will never leave the 'behind the scenes' environment. While the things said may have been inappropriate, Kali is human. She apologized and I truly believe she will not let that happen again. On the other hand, I feel that it was inappropriate for Cricket to release those posts to the internet. No matter how justified Cricket felt, it is never appropriate to show the public the attitudes and arguments from behind the scenes. In my mind, it is a childish maneuver to get others to help you fight your fight. This battle should have been contained to the privacy of the staff and dealt with internally. I am not condoning any actions here, and I do not know everything that went on, but I will say that Kali's professional response to this post does give me confidence in the future of MyVMK.
I am sorry I disagree. Reguardless of the post I have read they do not change my opinion. Fact of the matter is not that we lost just 1 HOST. We have lost MANY. This would have came up reguardless with ppl questioning why so many staff have left so quickly.

Wonder

This is the biggest ******** of an apology I've ever read. Literally from the beginning it's I'm sorry for being a bad person... but I'm actually not sorry bc i'm the victim because the information was leaked about me and I'm actually on your side except I'm really not because I hold secret events and abuse my power and call TEENAGERS bad names )':

Clearly they care ABSOLUTELY ZERO about the community otherwise they'd listen to this fricken poll!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
PS PEOPLE - LISA STILL HASN'T APOLOGIZED TO JASMINE. I REPEAT LISA STILL HASN'T APOLOGIZED TO JASMINE FOR WHAT SHE CALLED HER.

I feel like she really doesn't believe she did anything wrong and that the apology was just the typical "public apology." The kind you see Justin Bieber's management put out when he does something stupid. The more and more I read this I think the title should've just been "I'm sorry? I guess? I don't know."

Status
Not open for further replies.