My apology and looking to the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EzraKoenig

A Modern Vampire of the City
Apologies are always nice in any situation but this whole thing was beyond ridiculous. The fact that you are a middle age ADULT 40+ using derogotary terms against young adults and children is obscene! BTW how can you have so much free time to even get to these children??? Most 40 year old individuals have a career and a family and don't have time for SUCH IMMATURITY to disrespect children on a game. AND FOR THE RECORD. I have been banned for saying the word "poop" and you can go ahead and slam CHILDREN with words with much worse terms and are A STAFF MEMBER. NO CORRUPTION IN THIS GAME WHATSOEVER LOLLLLLL. There are so many people I know that would make an excellent staff member and deserve recognition. I know handful of people that are my age, college, students and are way more sophisticated and mature for the position of a vmk staff member.

Horse

Lisa (Kali),
I am joining with the majority in accepting nothing less than your resignation. And that includes reincarnation by name change.
I have witnessed numerous times your unethical behavior in the game. And you posted hostile, bullying comments towards a friend of mine on multiple occasions outside of the game. It's time for you to go.

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
the majority of you need to chill. we do not know what went on beyond closed doors between staff. we dont know how the tension built up this high for the team to split or which side has more wrongs or rights. you cannot place all of the blame on kali. we only have those extremely negative logs from cricket that were purposely used to manipulate you into having negative views on amy and kali etc. honestly if you cant trust amy's judgement on who she believes should be an admin then maybe you shouldnt play for a while. realize there are more important things in life. and those who are upset at them being stricter with the rules, you should be behaving anyway; you cant get upset at mods doing their job. this entire situation has been blown so out of proportion i think its time to just move on from it and give the new team a chance.
hey real quick can you tell this to @Littlebelle. i'm sure she'd love to be reassured that lisa's behaviors causing her medical issues is just belle "blowing things so out of proportion" and that she should "just move on from it."

Guitar

Apologies are always nice in any situation but this whole thing was beyond ridiculous. The fact that you are a middle age ADULT 40+ using derogotary terms against young adults and children is obscene! BTW how can you have so much free time to even get to these children??? Most 40 year old individuals have a career and a family and don't have time for SUCH IMMATURITY to disrespect children on a game. AND FOR THE RECORD. I have been banned for saying the word "poop" and you can go ahead and slam CHILDREN with words with much worse terms and are A STAFF MEMBER. NO CORRUPTION IN THIS GAME WHATSOEVER LOLLLLLL. There are so many people I know that would make an excellent staff member and deserve recognition. I know handful of people that are my age, college, students and are way more sophisticated and mature for the position of a vmk staff member.
Truth!! This right here!!

iProsper

yall are too ruthless tonight. im screaming

Queen_Amidala

*;:+'.* "Chewie, we're home." *.'+:;*
Been in hospital for 2 days, and come back to this. Can someone explain to me what happened please? (:

& lol @ what Kali said about favouritism. I have seen lots of it between staff and players. It's ridiculous.

Tay

hey real quick can you tell this to @Littlebelle. i'm sure she'd love to be reassured that lisa's behaviors have caused her medical issues is just her "blowing things so out of proportion" and that she should "just move on from it."
not sure how lisa's behavior has caused anyone actual medical issues but if thats true its a personal thing. im not speaking of lisa im speaking of kali and her being an admin and mod. but thanks for putting words in my mouth :-))))

Heyvcool1

Recovering from the negative stuff.
the majority of you need to chill. we do not know what went on beyond closed doors between staff. we dont know how the tension built up this high for the team to split or which side has more wrongs or rights. you cannot place all of the blame on kali. we only have those extremely negative logs from cricket that were purposely used to manipulate you into having negative views on amy and kali etc. honestly if you cant trust amy's judgement on who she believes should be an admin then maybe you shouldnt play for a while. realize there are more important things in life. and those who are upset at them being stricter with the rules, you should be behaving anyway; you cant get upset at mods doing their job. this entire situation has been blown so out of proportion i think its time to just move on from it and give the new team a chance.
Yet cricket offered to screen share THOSE MANIPULATED LOGS for proof if we wanted to see them...

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
not sure how lisa's behavior has caused anyone actual medical issues but if thats true its a personal thing. im not speaking of lisa im speaking of kali and her being an admin and mod. but thanks for putting words in my mouth :-))))
you do know that lisa and kali are the exact same person right. and i don't know, depression and anxiety triggered by harassment is a real thing? and the gross mistreatment of belle has affected her medical condition? nobody is putting words in your mouth. don't be naive and ignorant. you're an active member and you know the things she's done and that belle has a medical condition.

Tay

Yet cricket offered to screen share THOSE MANIPULATED LOGS for proof if we wanted to see them...
yes but it is our business, as the players, to know about staff discussions? no. like we're not here to watch some staff reality tv drama going down we're here to play a recreated disney game.

*Steps up to the mic*
*Coughs*
Guess I'm gonna start by deconstructing Kali's post with my opinion.
I know how much staff love my opinions, I mean they answered so many of my questions and concerns in the last thread (hah)

I'm glad an apology made it into the post. Whether it's a genuine apology, or a more of "I'm sorry I got caught and exposed for what I did" sort of apology is unknown.

There it is. The blame is already being putting on others. I love apologies that end going "I'm sorry for ..... BUT !!!!!" Yeah that's not a great apology. I'm glad it was exposed because it brought a lot of problems to light with the game and certain staff members.

Getting caught up in emotions and losing it isn't something a good leader would do. If you get caught up in your emotions you should still be mature, respectful and fight your corner with conviction and facts instead of throwing insults and using the generic "WELL AMY SAID IT'S OKAY SO IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT 5+ OF YOU THINK!!!"

You really don't get it. The last few threads and tumblr posts HAVE NOT been about spreading dirt about people. We are fighting for the game and it's future. For it's integrity and for what we want and feel is right. We are here to make this a magical place and many things that you and other staff have done, have gone against that. Actually let me add to that; You've made it a magical place for you and your friends. : )

The funny thing is there is a difference between speaking up and being hostile. Seems like many staff felt like you were more hostile and abrasive instead of "speaking up for the players". Also I didn't know that "speaking up for the players" meant you had to keep secrets from other staff such as keeping the secrets events a secret from even most the HOST's, who by the way are there to you know, HOST events. A moderator shouldn't be doing those things, or else they should get a title change. There should be CLEAR and CONCISE roles within the team, mods hosting events blurs the lines in a bad way. Were you thinking of the players when you release things like EXCLUSIVE dreams months badges in secret? Do you remember when Snow made an event where you could win a Dreams Badge (among other prizes), and the room had several hundred people in the queue because it is SO SOUGHT AFTER and CAN'T BE TRADED FOR. Not long after the event started the game crashed, the room never restarted and the event was never rescheduled, people were gutted. Their one chance to get a dreams badge, gone. Now you go and give them willy nilly in secret events at times in which you know you're posse would be on and get in. Awesome.

I agree with you on this. There has been a lack of organisation between staff and it is so disorganised that even players can see it and have seen it. Snow was the one who tried to be more open, after she left, you could have easily taken her place fighting for the truth and to get answers, fighting for chance and having open communication with players like Snow did. But you didn't. You didn't step up and try be that person, at least no where near as hard as Snow did.

Great, the person that nobody seems to trust any more are in charge of where the game goes. Swell. Some of the stuff sounds great but it also sounds like more FALSE PROMISES. You know this game has had A LOT of them. I should have kept a tally of all the false promises from staff, I'd be in the hundreds. Actions speak louder than words. Strong admins? Or ones who can manipulate and be abrasive to get what they want? *shrugs* I don't see how Amy can trust you after the things you did after you got your position, towards players, recent events, favouritism, etc. I guess a master manipulator who is crazed for power can make anyone believe them. Amy is loving, caring, sweet and generous, I never doubted that. What I have always said is that I haven't seen her be a great leader (which isn't a bad thing except when you try to be one, which yeah..), that she is ruled by her emotions (which isn't a bad thing. Strong emotions aren't a bad thing but the fact she has final say etc and has given false promises due to those emotions is the problem), etc. I love you Amy and all the work you have done, but the amount of power I something which I didn't think you were capable of and I mean that in the nicest way. Different people are suited for different things, you're amazing at coding the game etc. It also saddens me that people have gone with personal attacks to Amy in email and skype. As much as I disagree with her, I would try never stoop to that level.

Those hours are appreciated but other actions, less so. So what you are saying is, you didn't want to ban someone for breaking the rules but instead tried to talk them around? How is that being a good leader and following the rules if you pick and choose who you effect them for? I mean you have broken rules yourself and not been banned because you were staff, where is the fairness in that, that you weren't reprimanded when people in the same position as a player would get banned?

Again, actions speak louder than words. At the moment, all I see is more empty promises which are so common in this game. It's also laughable at how many players have felt victimised and bullied and harassed by your main account, and you have tightened up on that and banned a bunch of people without warning. Yet again, you get off scot-free and the rest of us suffer.

This should be fun.. Lets start with the favouritism. The time of the events is funny, because it's a time that you and your friends are on and you probably knew that. How is it not favouritism to pick a time that works best for your friends where you're giving out rare items? Pink and blue top hat chairs (pink especially) seemed pretty hard to come by due to limited releases and yet people at these secret unknown events got to win them. Great! Dream bagdes I talked about earlier and ranted about them so you can read up for that, but it's so unfair to the rest of us. Late night events are fun when they're not secret. I am sometimes on those times but how would I know to even look in the player room list or know their is an event if I am afk at the time because nothing is happening? The big prizes was a big problem. Why was a moderator giving out prizes at all is my first question? Because Amy Okay-ed it? Yeah that isn't a good enough excuse. The fact that clocks (which are the first and one of the rarest HOST prizes) were given out in these secret games is laughable. It undermines the integrity of HOST events and HOSTs.

A TEST RUN TO SEE HOW PLAYERS REACTED? You knew players hated secret pop-up events. It had been discussed in the past by staff and staff had gotten in trouble over it. Players are clearly against them, at least a few hours warning would be better than nothing other than a pop-up.

Not agreeing with how someone is acting doesn't mean they don't respect them. If Amy gave you permission to ban all the players you didn't like then would that be okay? Would you do it and then come here and say "Well Amy gave me permission and said I could do it". It's not about respect. It's about poor decision making and that fact that not only players but many staff were against what happened and that "Amy gave it the okay and she doesn't need permission to do what she wants" is ridiculous. How can anyone respect a game run like that? It's a dictatorship. Isn't this supposed to be MYVMK? Apparently not.

Not sorry enough that you listened to what the players wanted. The wonderful staff members mostly dispersed after recent events and you still don't see that you are part of the problem? It's delusion. It's sad that people we don't trust or believe in are "running the team" now. Apparently you and abs had that opinion of "Amy has the final say and she should run the game how she wants" until you and her are in the position of power where the decisions are now up to you. Funny how that happened isn't it....

You can't make the players happy all the time by ignoring everything said in the last thread and trying to give a bunch of words and act like we should trust you after everything you've done. What do we have to lose? Let's see, the good memories we have, the integrity of the game, the ability to feel safe around staff, the fun of the game. We have many things to lose and we are losing them now.

I know this is a LONG post but I needed to address the whole post because it doesn't feel right to me. Everything in the other thread was ignored as were the players.
holy novel..

Well I don't hold the popular opinion, but here goes....

It take a big person to make an apology and post it to all the players of the game. If any of you for one minute believe all the angels left and only the devils remain please answer this question. There was favoritism and wrong doing well before Kali became staff, so that means the other staff has things on their conscience as well, by their participation or silence about things that have been done wrong since the start of the game they too have been complicit. Will you all demand they apologize too? The ex staff have basically said they have all done things they shouldn't have etc on Tumbler....Why does all the blame seem to fall on Kali? It's sad that so many staff left at once and clearly indicates something is broken that needs fixing, maybe some bridges will be mended in the future between them maybe not ( some clearly not).

In-game actions as a staff member are what any Staff should be judged by, and not by conversations that should have been kept private, and quite honestly, looked doctored when I read them. Look carefully, things were out of place on those logs, and need to be read with a grain of salt.

When an employee looks up at their managers, they often have mistrust, contempt etc. When they get promoted up, they see the world from the management perspective and realize things are different from the other side. People who promote up often rise to the occasion I have found in real life, give someone a chance to do better or a second chance and they often will.

I have never had a bad interaction with any Staff member here, ever, including Kali. I strongly disagree with how some things were done in the past, but have also seen that changes did get made along the way. I have never seen firsthand any wrongdoing by Staff or negative interactions, only here say about what happened. Even this unannounced event late night has been exaggerated, it was an event that only a small number of people could ever do because of it's social nature, I was in 2 nights in a row, no rares were won and it took hours and hours for 20- 25 people to get through the game, it's just not something to put on the calender and advertise , that would have caused tons of frustration. It was an experiment at a social game to be used when the server count is low and all who were on got in that wanted to, Amy explained that in the game room itself.

Rather than burn the game to the ground why don't you all withhold judgement until you see how things go, even the ex staffers have said they want to see the game continue on and get better. The past is gone, we have only tomorrow. Let the anger go, change is best accomplished from within any organization not from outside, if you leave then you stop contributing to this community. You all have friends and things this bring you joy in this game, focus on those things, and try to help things get better.

OK stepping down off my soap box now. Peace out....

Status
Not open for further replies.