A Big Thank You To Host_Leota for an Awesome Event

Maltoo

Host_Leota

I for one wanted to thank you for an awesome event Weds.night "the HM Holiday Maze" that was the kind of event that brings happiness and magic to the Kingdom. Unlike the Santa event which has been a complete disaster from day 1 of that event. Your event brought smiles to many people Weds night, it was a magical experience to share with your fellow myVMKers it was fair, fast moving and had great prizes. I truly hope we have many move events like this one and less, if not none, when only a very few random people get picked for a "gift" and others, leave with their a parting gift, after waiting hours in line just to have their hopes and dreams dashed.

Thank you again for putting a little magic back into myVMK if for only one night. I applaud you Host_Leota

Geggy

Thanks definitely needs to go out to all of the staff, including VMK_Santa. They work so much for us, the players, when they honestly don't have to. Just think...we could be sitting at home, like four months ago...NOT playing VMK. Thank you staff for all of your tireless work that you do on our behalf.

Clearly you don't like the Santa event. I'm sorry that you haven't enjoyed it. I, for one, have only managed to get into the room once...and didn't get what I asked for. But, I still got a consolation prize (as did everyone who was in the queue or room)...a free prize that I didn't have to pay for. Plus, I got the excitement of watching someone else in the room get something that they had been hoping for. I felt happy for them, and hopeful that I might get what I asked for at a later date. I don't begrudge anyone else for winning something, nor do I begrudge VMK_Santa (or the rest of the staff) for trying to bring a little fun into the kingdom. Considering that there have been a plethora of Host events, and even some that overlapped, I hope you steer clear of the events that you don't like for one reason or another. I, for one, enjoy them.

Maltoo

Thanks definitely needs to go out to all of the staff, including VMK_Santa. They work so much for us, the players, when they honestly don't have to. Just think...we could be sitting at home, like four months ago...NOT playing VMK. Thank you staff for all of your tireless work that you do on our behalf.

Clearly you don't like the Santa event. I'm sorry that you haven't enjoyed it. I, for one, have only managed to get into the room once...and didn't get what I asked for. But, I still got a consolation prize (as did everyone who was in the queue or room)...a free prize that I didn't have to pay for. Plus, I got the excitement of watching someone else in the room get something that they had been hoping for. I felt happy for them, and hopeful that I might get what I asked for at a later date. I don't begrudge anyone else for winning something, nor do I begrudge VMK_Santa (or the rest of the staff) for trying to bring a little fun into the kingdom. Considering that there have been a plethora of Host events, and even some that overlapped, I hope you steer clear of the events that you don't like for one reason or another. I, for one, enjoy them.

Geggy, this post is not about the Santa event or any other host event for that matter and if that is all you took out of it then you missed the point. The point is Host_Leota's event was fun, fast moving and made ALL players smile and I wanted to express my gratitude to her for it. Of course I am happy for the FEW players that got a special gift from Santa, and I am thankful for all the time and hard work that staff puts into the game and other events....I am also very SAD for the MANY who walked away from that event feeling many feelings and none of them happy thoughts. You have a magical day.

Geggy

Well, although I participated in Host_Leota's event, I didn't' find it nearly as fun or "magical" as her first maze event. Yes, that first one got crazy buggy during the last hour of it, but when it was working well I found the high degree of challenge quite refreshing. I enjoyed the fact that not many prizes were given out because everything in this game is way too common.

I gleaned the comments or subtext regarding the Santa event from your last sentence in the first paragraph. Considering that I've seen some complain about the Santa event in that same manner, there's really only one meaning you can take from it.

I do have a question regarding the "magic" of VMK, and how you feel it's tied to fast-moving, high-numbers of prizes being given. Did you enjoy Dreams Month in VMK? We all stood/sat around in public rooms waiting for a Host_ to show up, and if we happened to be there when the Host_ showed up, most of us enjoyed only one person winning the Dream Suite while the rest of us were given either nothing, or a consolation prize? To me, that seems awfully similar to Santa's event...except that it was way more monotonous.

HarryFan

It's too bad I missed it, sounds like it has been the only real success in events so far. lol Yesterday I joined the queue for a consolation prize in Santa's room and was disconnected 50 in queue (after waiting hours). Needless today I won't be spending anymore time with these "events" unless they have more ride events.

Maltoo

Well, although I participated in Host_Leota's event, I didn't' find it nearly as fun or "magical" as her first maze event. Yes, that first one got crazy buggy during the last hour of it, but when it was working well I found the high degree of challenge quite refreshing. I enjoyed the fact that not many prizes were given out because everything in this game is way too common.

I gleaned the comments or subtext regarding the Santa event from your last sentence in the first paragraph. Considering that I've seen some complain about the Santa event in that same manner, there's really only one meaning you can take from it.

I do have a question regarding the "magic" of VMK, and how you feel it's tied to fast-moving, high-numbers of prizes being given. Did you enjoy Dreams Month in VMK? We all stood/sat around in public rooms waiting for a Host_ to show up, and if we happened to be there when the Host_ showed up, most of us enjoyed only one person winning the Dream Suite while the rest of us were given either nothing, or a consolation prize? To me, that seems awfully similar to Santa's event...except that it was way more monotonous.
Geggy-
I am not even going to comment on this post, as I stated, I did not start this thread to bash or hash out the pros and cons of VMK or myVMK but to express my gratitude. Again I hope you have a magical day.

Kiki

Geggy, I always appreciate your posts :)

milklady

original vmk player
Mal, i appreciate your post, i to enjoyed the Leota event. Seems everyone did. I was hoping this game wasn't gonna be just about "rare" but it seems to be turning out that way. I realize you need some rare, but not everything has to be rare for most of the people to enjoy the game. Greggy as to your comment of high degree of challenge, i can appreciate you wanted to have a challenge, but not everyone does. Not everyone is young, or has there faculties...I for one chronic pain every day of my life, need to take medication for it, so the high degree isn't so easy for me. There are others much worse than me that play and i can only imagine how they function. I appreciate every free gift i am given in this game, i realized they don't have to do that. I appreciate all the work that goes into making this game function, and all the cool stuff they have designed.

~dc~

Host_Leota

I for one wanted to thank you for an awesome event Weds.night "the HM Holiday Maze" that was the kind of event that brings happiness and magic to the Kingdom. Unlike the Santa event which has been a complete disaster from day 1 of that event. Your event brought smiles to many people Weds night, it was a magical experience to share with your fellow myVMKers it was fair, fast moving and had great prizes. I truly hope we have many move events like this one and less, if not none, when only a very few random people get picked for a "gift" and others, leave with their a parting gift, after waiting hours in line just to have their hopes and dreams dashed.

Thank you again for putting a little magic back into myVMK if for only one night. I applaud you Host_Leota
I find it interesting, that you say its a disaster, when you got into see Santa twice! You should be thankful you even got into the room. So many like myself never had that chance. Yet your whining its a disaster, yet you got in to see him TWICE! That is crazy. Sad sad sad, then your trying to hide your whining of Santa with in, saying the maze event was great, which the maze event was great! Thanks Leota!

Host_Leota

I actually disagree completely. I found Leota's event repetitive and grinding, all you had to do was choose a porter and you got a prize. What is the fun in that? Santa's event on the other hand was exciting. You got to sit and talk with santa for a few minutes and tell him what you wanted. Some people were lucky and some were not, thats the name of the game. You can't always get what you want. Even if i hadn't won, i still much more enjoyed santas event than the grinding work of Leota's. Plus many players were getting off the ride in the HM room and spamming people while we were exiting.

This is not to say that one is appreciated more than the other, just that the overall experience of the Santa event was much more exciting and interactive.

VMK, unfortunately, was always a game of status and greed for many players. I'm afraid MyVMK, due to a smaller player base, has suffered the same fate. The game wasn't designed to be a race to get the rarest items and further yourself on the imaginary status ladder. It's a social game. Remember that.

Littlebelle

Smile and the world smiles with you
I think what Mal was trying to say with so much difficulty getting into host events this month it was such a pleasure to have an event you could get into more than once and have a choice of the rarer Christmas decorations. I had yet to get snowman and at Leota's event I finally got 1 :) To hear my friends say yeah I finally got my snowman or pink candy cane did bring the same kind of joy that Santa was bringing to a few players. I think the point of this was that was nice to have an event that every one that was on could get in to do. Kind of like the old quest events :) I do appreciate all that the staff do for us. They are volunteers.

TO be honest the Santa event has been frustrating for the majority of players. So this was a nice relief from their disappointment as we know no more than a 100 have gotten in at a time. The vmk pass is buggy lots crash on it. I for one do not like challenged events at the moment. Just staying on line and not crashing is a victory :)

Santa's event needs tweaked and I am sure by next year Santa will have figured out a better way to see more people. Maybe do rooms visits as well as a visit to his place. That way many many more people will be able to see him. May I suggest a just a picture with Santa line. Not asking for anything just a chance to see Santa and put you wish list in a mail box . Or a spinner in another room that another elf can manage. What you spin is Santas present to you. If could be a really hard sequence for super rare. Like 256 is the number. Then all odd numbers get a rare or all evens and if nothing you get a Santa pin. That way a lot more people could get in. Just a suggestion for next year.

A special pin, for taking a pic with Santa, would be a nice Santa gift. This is the first year. Lots gets learned. So there will always be a group that loves the challenge and a group that like to just be on Myvmk and do easy host events.

Again I was thrilled with how Host_Leota made it a fast moving event. I really felt the Christmas spirit and I am sure helped many many many players get the needed items they would need to finished or add to their gingerbread creations. I was really excited to get my snowman. I am not a very good trader so this was so wonderful :)

This was not an attack on Santa. He is doing his best. He has such patience listening to everyone and asking what they would like. It is not easy to do this and I thank him for his patience. Merry Christmas

LuvDaPixie

I too enjoyed the Leota event much more than Meeting Santa. I tried all week to get in to see him but my computer just was not fast enough to get into the queue line anywhere below 100 so it was extremely frustrating to me as well. It was nice to be able to play through Leota's maze more than once that night and get the non-catalog items I needed to complete my Christmas room. It helped relieve some of the frustration I was feeling from not being able to get in to see Santa, who was giving out some pretty rare items to a very select few. Not exactly the Santa I remember from my childhood, but hey, it's a virtual game right?