Ability to Change Thread Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I request that the owner of a thread be able to change the thread title, for multiple reasons. Such as notifying in the title that there has been an update in the thread, if there is a new raffle going on, or simply if they want to revamp the thread in its entirety.

Jasmine

They can't change how vBulletin works, and with vB, that's typically a moderator feature. Well, technically, they can change the limit, but most admins are too weary to change the limit. In fact, I've never seen an admin allow anything above 5 minutes, which is the default setting.

It's best to change the title during the 5 minutes after you submit the thread, though I understand that isn't the case with updates...

Why can't you request that a moderator update it? :D

Graham

オミッド
Bumping the thread is an easier way to this rather than changing the title but it's possible to modify the time limit to change the title. I've been on some vBulletin forums that allowed people to change the thread's title whenever.

Jasmine

Yep, that's what I said.
I mean, it'd be nice, but I understand why they've kept it at 5 minutes, because I know I'd never change it; it's just too risky.

It would be nice to have a reply on this, though...

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
I thought you could change the title? I've done it before. Just edit the original post in advanced mode and change the title. I changed it on one thread before because of a spelling mistake and it changed it. Is that no longer an option now?

Jasmine

You can change it, but only for 5 minutes after you've posted the thread.
That is, unless they changed the limit and none of us noticed...

Status
Not open for further replies.