Active Members

I just think it's this month that's a problem, there's not much releases, or events. But I think that means they are working on an AWESOME month next month! I believe that there will be a new game, a new crate with awesome prizes, and maybe some special surprises ;)

Kevin also mentioned in the shoutbox once, that there is so much in store for this month. That there will be really good things coming, but we just have to be patient. Can't wait!!!

It's because the holiday's are over, and a select few are conjuring up too much drama.

John

I feel like there were many more active users when the (gold) key and crate system was used. As much as people bashed it, you can't deny that it added excitement and purpose to the game. Not to mention it allowed new players to get some traction in the economy. Now new players have no reason to stay and a lot of people get bored because there's absolutely nothing to do except wait every Friday for super disappointing new releases. This month has been a snooze-fest and the game has been stagnant for a long time.
Amen

It's not about drama it's about boring items, and lack of a reason to play.
I'm sure this is a silence before the storm, I have a feeling something is brewing behind the scenes.

philitup

The Internet Champion!
I just think it's this month that's a problem, there's not much releases, or events. But I think that means they are working on an AWESOME month next month! I believe that there will be a new game, a new crate with awesome prizes, and maybe some special surprises ;)

Kevin also mentioned in the shoutbox once, that there is so much in store for this month. That there will be really good things coming, but we just have to be patient. Can't wait!!!
Yeah, the dark rides coming out alone will be a pretty big boost for business.

ClarityG

Yes, I think if they could get the dark rides and Sword in the Stone up and running (and have Sword in the Stone give out rare prizes) it would help stir up excitement that's been lacking in the game lately, and bring some players back.

I am a student-athlete, so it is tough doing all that and playing a game. I am rather optimistic though. A lot of people turn down games in beta, because it's in beta, simple as that. Another thing is there is only one programmer, for a game like this with the aspirations of many it has. I can see why people leave, but once it gets big..boy will you see the people coming!

Dio

Professional Canadian
there needs to be some kind of advertisement
due to MyVMK originally being a game being made by disney, advertising is impossible without some sort of repercussions. in order for advertising to happen for the game it would have to be made from the ground up, no connections to the original VMK.

philitup

The Internet Champion!
I think advertising through social media / word of mouth can just as good as real advertising.

For example, look at Five Guys.. Have you ever seen a Five Guys commercial? No? But that place is always packed :P If you build something good.. they will come.
That's what I've tried to do, but a lot of forums think you're spamming or something. Like ToonTown Central, I've made a few threads on there about this place and their always deleted. Or the Disboards (Bad forum, don't ever go there) As the same thng happened there. I have however gotten a number of people here from WDWMagic, which is a very good place to talk about anything Disney, BTW.

But if you're talking about adds on web sites, that would cost money, and that's something that we do not have.

That's what I've tried to do, but a lot of forums think you're spamming or something. Like ToonTown Central, I've made a few threads on there about this place and their always deleted. Or the Disboards (Bad forum, don't ever go there) As the same thng happened there. I have however gotten a number of people here from WDWMagic, which is a very good place to talk about anything Disney, BTW.

But if you're talking about adds on web sites, that would cost money, and that's something that we do not have.
Sites like that are afraid of myVMK. Or any VMK remake that isn't Disney because you can't guarantee the "G-ratedness". Also probably because now that's VMK has been revived it isn't technically "Disney" anymore. I'm not on facebook, but social networks are the best place for advertising. Tumblr, twitter, Google Plus, youtube especially. We've been good at advertising on these sites so far, we need to keep it up! :D

kalyee

But at the end of the day if the reason that you're leaving is because the game is boring, just remember that it's only in beta, and every game goes through this where there isn't a lot to do.
I'm sure we're all aware that the game is only in beta, and that because of that we can't expect everything to be released, however that point doesn't really help the complaints, so it's slightly irrelevant.

I don't know what is all this "drama" people are constantly bringing up.
I don't see any drama going on, to be honest. Maybe more people need to see it that way.
"Drama" doesn't exist until someone believes it's there.

In regards to people who say, "there isn't much to do," it's all about making the situation
work with what we have. No gold keys anymore? It's okay. Build a room. Not good at building?
Learn to play fireworks and improve your game. Not into that? Come up with a trading stradegy
to get credits faster. Not interested in that? Make new friends. Find people with similiar interests
and schedules as you. Not very social? Create a fun new game room with creative ideas. There
are endless possibilities. You just need to look out for them. They're not just going to be thrown your way.
I really like your positive mindset, however, a lot of people have looked for the "endless possibilities" and it doesn't necessarily cure the boredom/lack of exciting things to do. I don't want to have to actually put in effort to have fun in this game. Either I'm having fun, or I'm not. I'm not going to exert energy to dig up fun when I can easily log off and do something else until the game picks up again - and I think that's where a lot of people are at. I've built plenty of rooms, met plenty of people, and earned plenty of credits. I'm bored with the mini-games, and aimlessly wandering the game for social interaction doesn't interest me. There needs to be something else implemented that draws the community together both to play and to socialize. We don't have that anymore, and I feel that is what's causing the drop in active members, and the slight rise in drama and "unrest" so to speak.

philitup

The Internet Champion!
I'm sure we're all aware that the game is only in beta, and that because of that we can't expect everything to be released, however that point doesn't really help the complaints, so it's slightly irrelevant.
The point is that I'm hoping people aren't giving up on the game already. I've seen a lot of people leave in these first few months already, for different reasons I'm sure, but just don't lose hope on the game, that's all I ask from people. You can lose hope on the community and anything else, but not the game.

I'm sorry that I'm not here to answer everyone's complaints.

JRay

I was so excited when I heard VMK was back so I played almost everyday or as much as I could because I missed it so much. But you run out of things to do and it gets very boring at times. I know it's in Beta, so maybe when it's eventually finished people will start to go on more. But since most people that get on here are veterans of VMK, we're all adults now and actually have a life now, lol, not enough time to spend all day long playing the game. Unfortunately, I never have time to actually get on my laptop to play the game but I'm always checking the forums. I will never leave though! :D

Sites like that are afraid of myVMK. Or any VMK remake that isn't Disney because you can't guarantee the "G-ratedness". Also probably because now that's VMK has been revived it isn't technically "Disney" anymore. I'm not on facebook, but social networks are the best place for advertising. Tumblr, twitter, Google Plus, youtube especially. We've been good at advertising on these sites so far, we need to keep it up! :D
Actually Jason it has nothing to do with the G-ratedness, there is so much more to it than that and it all has to do with who lines the owners pockets.

There hasn't been a major decrease in player activity as far as I can see, it goes up and down all the time. It's expected that the amount of players online will drop after school or work is back in session, so it's normal to see less activity after the holiday vacation ends.

What's being worked on right now is everything you guys have been requesting! It takes some time however (hence why some months may be slower than others, the time is being focused on a bigger release), so never believe that we lost interest or the game isn't being worked on anymore... it means that Amy is putting her main focus on a big project. If you haven't seen her little sneak-peek yet...