Addressing player behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will not be addressing anyone specifically in this post. This is not meant to attack anyone specifically.

I would like to make a post about the kind of behavior going on with some players. I think it is absolutely despicable that anyone would find it okay to say some of the things that have been said in this game. Heck these things shouldn't even be said outside of the game!
I have had multiple players attack me for the way I look because they were able to see a picture of myself I posted on the forums. I have been repeatedly made fun of by multiple players because I "look like a horse". I have been brought to tears because of this.
I have also witnessed my friends being attacked and the things said to them should not have ever been said. No one deserved what was said. One of my friends was even made fun of for their sexuality.
These same players have also been talking bad behind my back and my friends back. This is demeaning behavior. I think it is the most childish and immature thing anyone could do in this game. It is really sad that anyone would spend their time talking about other players with intentions to damage someones reputation.
This behavior is absolutely disgusting. AND WHOEVER PARTAKES IN THIS BEHAVIOR SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES. It is NEVER okay to make fun of someone for their looks or sexuality or anything else. It is NEVER okay to talk about another person behind their back. You have no idea what that could do to someone because you have no idea who they are.

I am a firm believer that you have no idea what a person is going through. You have NO IDEA what your words could do to someone. YOU COULD PUSH SOMEONE OVER THE EDGE.

Think very, very carefully about what you say to other people.

Don't listen to what other people say, some people have been through a lot in life, and feel that they need to put release their anger on others. Whatever people say, you know the truth. It's up to you to determine whether what they're saying is true or not. Sometimes it's just best to ignore people. But it's terrible that people would do this.

This is incredibly disturbing to even read. I can't believe people could be so cruel to other people in the way they have been. Recreating this game was supposed to be a good thing for everyone but it seems that there are MANY people who only care to be selfish, rude, or just like to ruin the experience for other players. I really wish the staff would step in more on these kind of issues because it appears to be happening way too often - which it shouldn't happen at all. I'm sorry you had to go through this. Hopefully the people who did this will learn how wrong it is to treat people that way.

I'm very sorry that this has happened to you. I know how much it hurts to know that somebody is saying horrible things about you when you aren't there to defend yourself. The bottom line is that you should never let anybody else tell you what is true about yourself. You know yourself the best, so why let anybody change that?

If you need anybody to talk to feel free to message me. :hug:

adny

I'm sorry that this has happened to you - but I feel the best route of action would be contacting Amy/Kevin/an equal in authority to address the issue and find comeuppance for the users in question rather than posting here about it - a lot more will be done about it by one of them than any of us other users on the forums can ever do :)

ilovefood

I completely agree with you! These players need to be addressed immediately! I am incredibly sorry that this happened to you and if you need anyone else to talk to you... I AM HERE FOR YOU!! :)

EVERYBODY is beautiful and I'm sorry that you've been targeted so. I know it can hurt, but you just have to realize that as long s you're happy, it's A-OK. I've been attacked for the same reasons so if you ever need to talk to someone, just let me know. :) I'm here for you!

These same players have also been talking bad behind my back and my friends back. This is demeaning behavior. I think it is the most childish and immature thing anyone could do in this game. It is really sad that anyone would spend their time talking about other players with intentions to damage someones reputation.
This behavior is absolutely disgusting. AND WHOEVER PARTAKES IN THIS BEHAVIOR SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES. It is NEVER okay to make fun of someone for their looks or sexuality or anything else. It is NEVER okay to talk about another person behind their back. You have no idea what that could do to someone because you have no idea who they are.

I am a firm believer that you have no idea what a person is going through. You have NO IDEA what your words could do to someone. YOU COULD PUSH SOMEONE OVER THE EDGE.
Literally this.

Why even address this on the forums?

This just feeds the trolls even more.

Love, your soul mate
My reason in posting this is to make it known to others that this kind of demeaning behavior is happening and to make players - especially those who partake in this kind of behavior - think before they speak. My reasons for not reporting the players in question because a previous set of players were not dealt with when previous drama happened. Also, I am a huge believer in karma. What comes around goes around. They will reap what they have sowed. Besides, every persons behavior says more about them then they realize. The way they treat another person shows greatly what kind of person they are. People will take notice.

And also, El Sherdo, people tend to notice who the "trolls" are. ;) There were many witnesses to the harassment of me and other players. Players were reported.

lololol maybe so other players know that people are being targeted like this, in hopes that maybe we're all more supportive of each other?
This is also another reason I addressed this issues on the forums.

philitup

The Internet Champion!
Hey. First of all I think you're very pretty, I have know I idea why people would say you look like a house. But yeah, I'm kind of shocked that people like this haven't been banned yet. Have you ever reported any of them?

Hey. First of all I think you're very pretty, I have know I idea why people would say you look like a house. But yeah, I'm kind of shocked that people like this haven't been banned yet. Have you ever reported any of them?
Thank you. I appreciate this. As I stated before, I will not be reporting any of the players. However, like I also stated, there were MANY witnesses to the behavior. Some players I know have been reported. But the bad part about this situation is some players were reported because they were attempting to defend themselves. It is a sticky situation and I very much doubt any justice will be found. The players in question know exactly who they are. And I really hope they are ashamed of themselves for what they said last night.

My reason in posting this is to make it known to others that this kind of demeaning behavior is happening and to make players - especially those who partake in this kind of behavior - think before they speak. My reasons for not reporting the players in question because a previous set of players were not dealt with when previous drama happened. Also, I am a huge believer in karma. What comes around goes around. They will reap what they have sowed. Besides, every persons behavior says more about them then they realize. The way they treat another person shows greatly what kind of person they are. People will take notice.

And also, El Sherdo, people tend to notice who the "trolls" are. ;) There were many witnesses to the harassment of me and other players. Players were reported.
Honey, I understand that you're frustrated, I really do, but the abrasive bold font and sardonic emoticon were unnecessary.

Tell me this: At the end of your response, you insinuate that you and other players were reported because there was some sort of "harassment". Who was reporting who exactly? That might clear up some issues. It couldn't possibly have been you because in your second sentence you asserted that you did not report anybody.

Honey, I understand that you're frustrated, I really do, but the abrasive bold font and sardonic emoticon were unnecessary.

Tell me this: At the end of your response, you insinuate that you and other players were reported because there was some sort of "harassment". Who was reporting who exactly? That might clear up some issues. It couldn't possibly have been you because in your second sentence you asserted that you did not report anybody.
Heated words were exchanged, I admit this. My issue is that justice won't be found because I am acknowledging that BOTH sides of players had some fault. Although we did NOTHING to deserve or start such behavior, we still had our own part in this. We MIGHT have been reported by players who did not understand what was happening. We were only defending ourselves. I, myself, am ashamed to have been a part of it but I feel as though I had a right to defend myself and my friends. I, and my friend, were blatantly attacked by players we never even talked to. Their words were unnecessary and hurtful!
My frustration is that all of this could have been avoided if people were respectful towards each other and didn't bear unnecessary grudges towards others. And those who troll are only looking for trouble. This behavior is unnecessary and sickening. And the fact that people go out of their way to say things behind someones back or make blatant, rude, and hurtful comments towards other players is despicable.

I am shocked and appalled that ANYONE would find it okay to say the nasty, disgusting things that were said with intentions to degrade, hurt, and upset another.

I kinda think the bold font was necessary to highlight how severe these attacks could get. I don't see why you feel this is a problem considering Kash didn't say anything rude or offensive.

My frustration is that all of this could have been avoided if people were respectful towards each other and didn't bear unnecessary grudges towards others. And those who troll are only looking for trouble. This behavior is unnecessary and sickening. And the fact that people go out of their way to say things behind someones back or make blatant, rude, and hurtful comments towards other players is despicable.
I've seen some really sick behavior and harassment going on around myVMK, and I think before we get any other new virtual items the staff need to truly sift through some of the players that are targeting others and permanently ban them. Not warn, not infract, not have a little chat with them. If a user has been reported by multiple people, there's proof of harassment, etc., then serious action needs to be taken to prevent further disturbance in the community. And I'm not talking about members who call other people names or spam trade people. I'm talking about REAL situations like hacking/revealing personal information (which happened to a girl I know), severe harassment, what happened to Kash, etc.

Idk I kinda lose respect for the myVMK each time I see another one of these harassment cases get worse. I mean, I completely understand from an administrative standpoint, they're extraordinarily busy. And, I do understand that they can only do so much in cases like this. However, it's their job as the administrators to make sure that these issues don't occur so frequently, and on such a large scale.

Making sure the community is safe and under control is JUST as important as working on releasing new games, items, etc.

I've seen some really sick behavior and harassment going on around myVMK, and I think before we get any other new virtual items the staff need to truly sift through some of the players that are targeting others and permanently ban them. Not warn, not infract, not have a little chat with them. If a user has been reported by multiple people, there's proof of harassment, etc., then serious action needs to be taken to prevent further disturbance in the community. And I'm not talking about members who call other people names or spam trade people. I'm talking about REAL situations like hacking/revealing personal information (which happened to a girl I know), severe harassment, what happened to Kash, etc.

Idk I kinda lose respect for the myVMK each time I see another one of these harassment cases get worse. I mean, I completely understand from an administrative standpoint, they're extraordinarily busy. And, I do understand that they can only do so much in cases like this. However, it's their job as the administrators to make sure that these issues don't occur so frequently, and on such a large scale.

Making sure the community is safe and under control is JUST as important as working on releasing new games, items, etc.
This could have not been said any better. Honestly I feel as though some players are scared to report people because of the fact that players aren't always dealt with. There has been some legitimate questioning to the way the staff handle player harassment.

ILYJANESKA<3

This could have not been said any better. Honestly I feel as though some players are scared to report people because of the fact that players aren't always dealt with.
I also think sometimes players are scared to report because then they'll receive even more trouble from the person harassing them.

I also think sometimes players are scared to report because then they'll receive even more trouble from the person harassing them.
I completely agree. Players can use clones to continue their blatant harassment of players. The constant use of clones to harass players is out of control. Many of the players in question brought clones in to use as harassment and it became overwhelming.

Status
Not open for further replies.