Anyone Collect Disney Pins?

IAmChalk

♡ Casey ♡
Yesterday I decided to start collecting Disney pins. I ended up buying 54 pins for $30 and have researched pretty much everything related to the pins I'll be receiving. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone collected them?

Feel free to show off your little/large collection! As soon as they come in I'll post pictures as well :)

S

Solar

I have a few from my first Disney trip back when I was 6 years old or so. I'll post some pictures later when I'm home from work :D. Which ones did you get?

IAmChalk

♡ Casey ♡
I bought these:

Pictures kinda blurry so once they arrive I'll post a better picture :)
and a few grab bags so I dont know exactly what I'll be getting from those :)

The one pin that makes me extremely happy is the Rabbit Silhouette, I'm gonna work on collecting the full set before anything else :)

AlsCabals

eeeep. I'm going to WDW in July and I decided to participate in pin trading. I already bought two pins sets off eBay for about 15 bucks. I can't wait to trade them!

I also collect pins in general already. whenever I go to the Hard Rock Cafe, I get a guitar pin. if I go to a museum or special historical place I get a pin. also if I'm traveling somewhere new, I get a pin.

... I wuv pins :)

IAmChalk

♡ Casey ♡
eeeep. I'm going to WDW in July and I decided to participate in pin trading. I already bought two pins sets off eBay for about 15 bucks. I can't wait to trade them!

I also collect pins in general already. whenever I go to the Hard Rock Cafe, I get a guitar pin. if I go to a museum or special historical place I get a pin. also if I'm traveling somewhere new, I get a pin.

... I wuv pins :)
Yay! Have fun! I just heard of the trading with cast members yesterday --- always thought it was just between friends/family/strangers --- so now I'm pumped to go to WDW in December! I'm hoping I'll have a bunch of doubles by the time I go to trade to cast members. Really hope they aren't the same old pins you see floating around, it would be nice to get something really cute/exciting :)
Ebay honestly has the best deals, the online Disney store kind of rips you off if ya ask me, 4 pins and a lanyard for $30, no thank you lol.
I just found an old vintage hard rock cafe pin the other day that belonged to my Aunt debating whether I should sell it and buy more Disney pins or keep it :D

Pins are absolutely adorable, and they're small so they don't take up space so you can have a bunch of them lol

AlsCabals

@IAmChalk

eee yes. I was worried about buying them off eBay, cause I know there's a lot of fakes out there. but mine were still in the package. I bought ones that I won't really want to keep, that way I can trade for ones that are better. I'll have to post a pic of the ones I got in a little while!

and yeah I absolutely love pins. I'm not a fan of the plastic ones, though. I think some pins have a ton of really neat designs and I love seeing all the different ones I can get!

IAmChalk

♡ Casey ♡
@AlsCabals (had no clue we could do this)
Same here, I'm concerned about the grab bags I bought even though it wasn't much, I don't wanna spend money on fakes.
Alrighty! Hopefully all my pins get here tomorrow, but I feel like the excitements gonna last for a day and then I'm going to be bored till either I buy more or I go to WDW lol.
I don't like the plastics either, its just dull and uninteresting, but don't get me wrong, some are really cool looking, I just prefer the metal pins :) They look nicer and can be cleaned

SnowWildEye

Disney Fanatic
I had my first trip to Disney since I was little last summer, and buying pins was one of my top things to do. I have about 8 pins, and half of them are hidden mickey pins (my absolute favorite pins). I'm going back to Disney this summer, so more pins for me!!

I just heard of the trading with cast members yesterday --- always thought it was just between friends/family/strangers --- so now I'm pumped to go to WDW in December! I'm hoping I'll have a bunch of doubles by the time I go to trade to cast members.
After seeing this I decided I have to post.
Cast Members are some of the biggest traders of the Disney pins.
Here is a small sample of a cast member collection (mi madre's, but the ones on the lanyard are a part of my own collection). SOme of them are cast member only pins, too.
The soccer one is my favorite one of my pins :p

Look familiar? I was half hoping the surfing ones would be released instead of the tube pins (the stone pins)

And likewise I wish they wouldve released these pins last month

I hope we get this one this month too!

And thats my favorite of all of my mom's pins!

@Kinglaser
wow, i had seen the goofy tube pin, and some of the others, but i didn't even put two in two together! (the fact that they were released in the game as well).
Yeah, I think a bunch of the released pins are based on actual pins. There's a lot I havent seen, though, and I've been to Disney more times than I can count.

IAmChalk

♡ Casey ♡
@AlsCabals
Ah! I love the little baby character pins! Must control buying habits

@SnowWildEye
Hidden Mickeys are really cool pins too, I know I saw a few in the pins I'm getting which excites me since usually those are the coolest (design wise).

@Kinglaser
I see some familiar pins from vmk :o I love that Stitch pin with the little ducklings, absolutely adorable! Nice collection! :)

@AlsCabals
Ah! I love the little baby character pins! Must control buying habits

@SnowWildEye
Hidden Mickeys are really cool pins too, I know I saw a few in the pins I'm getting which excites me since usually those are the coolest (design wise).

@Kinglaser
I see some familiar pins from vmk :o I love that Stitch pin with the little ducklings, absolutely adorable! Nice collection! :)
Yeah it's cool seeing pins on vmk and realizing that you own it lol

I have about 2 fat pin trading Disney binders FULL of Pluto or VMK pins...I don't think I have any pictures, but I just love Pluto...I doubt anyone knew that, though.

I love some of the pins you guys are posting! @Kinglaser love the Stitch and Pluto pin...that Stitch one in particular is one of my favorites :)

My sister and I have over 250 pins and we started getting them when they first came out and we have been addicted ever since. I loved looking at all of the cast members lanyards when I was little and they thought I was cute so they gave me pins to try to hook me on it and they did a good job of it :P

IAmChalk

♡ Casey ♡
@Captain-Heather
How cool, Pluto is pretty adorable I gotta give you that, eventually I hope I fill up a bunch of binders as well lol :)

@philitup
Quite a long time! I'm sure you have a whole assortment of different pins!

@Pecosace
I gotta say the Cast Member pins are a lot cooler than the rest, when I was 3 or 4 my parents apparently bought me 3 lanyards full of pins to trade but I don't think I got the concept so I didn't continue...if only I could find them. I'm sure they're long gone after moving so much :p

My pins finally arrived, sadly turns out what I thought was just a regular batch (picture I posted way up there ^) was really a grab bag :\ Oh well I'm still happy with what I received :)

Only 3 of them were anything special (New Years Pin-Limited Edition, USA Flag Sorcerer Hat-Cast Member, & Gold Trading Pin-Limited Release) everything else was Hidden Mickeys or just plain pins. I'm still excited though now I definitely have pins to trade when I go to WDW in December or trade now for pins I need to finish a set (especially those Silhouettes :rose::hearts:)