Armpit Hair Trend

To those of you that responded with an educated and backed up opinion /against/ mine, I understand!
To those of you that are about equality and being non-judgmental, great! And kudos!

To those of you that had nothing else to say but 'gross' or something along those lines, good luck to you if you're alive 10 years from now. If you think this is bad, just wait. Humans tend to revolutionize and progress and become more accepting of things that aren't known as social norms.
Just as in the early 1900s it was scandalous to show any ankle skin and now it's acceptable to show entire legs, girls not shaving will also become a cultural norm. Let your ignorance shine!

To those of you that responded with an educated and backed up opinion /against/ mine, I understand!
To those of you that are about equality and being non-judgmental, great! And kudos!

To those of you that had nothing else to say but 'gross' or something along those lines, good luck to you if you're alive 10 years from now. If you think this is bad, just wait. Humans tend to revolutionize and progress and become more accepting of things that aren't known as social norms.
Just as in the early 1900s it was scandalous to show any ankle skin and now it's acceptable to show entire legs, girls not shaving will also become a cultural norm. Let your ignorance shine!
Two different scenerios. Hair being removed is nothing new or recent. It dates back to B.C. and was done for both appeal and hygiene. Why did women start going completely hairless? Because it was no longer scandalous to show skin. Let your ignorance shine.

I have nothing against it...though I would never do it. It seems it would be itchy and honestly harder to put deodorant on :). But I honestly dont see this as becoming the norm as you say. Im all for each to his own though!

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

Jasmine

While I agree with some of what you said, because I agree that people should do whatever floats their boats basically, I don't think it's fair for you to call someone having an opposing opinion ignorant. That seems kind of hypocritical if you ask me since you're exactly doing what you don't want other people to do - judging people.

I agree with the previous posters as well - I don't see this becoming the norm either. Perhaps women not shaving will become more common, but I wouldn't even expect that to become the norm honestly. Yes, trends do change, but ones that evolved for hygienic purposes generally don't. I mean we all cut and wash our hair, right? One of those main reasons is for hygiene. Do you expect the trend of people having extremely long hair to become common? No, but of course that doesn't mean that some people won't grow their hair extremely long. And if that's what they want, fine, but it will in no way become a norm anytime soon.

It's probably also important to note that the whole revolutionizing of what was/wasn't acceptable for women came about because of, for example, the 20s and even the 70s. These were times when women were fighting for basic rights and wanted change. While the world is nowhere near fair in a sense that men and women are seen equally, "women's rights" isn't a hot topic right because it isn't necessary anymore. So it's not like huge changes will be coming about in the way women present themselves or anything.

Magster

Normal people scare me
I'm completely for letting people express themselves and do whatever they want because it's not my body and I don't have the right to judge them. However, it isn't something I'm a fan of nor will I ever do. I dislike body hair except on my head and eyebrows. My best friend rarely shaves her armpits and isn't afraid to show it and I support her 100 percent, but for me personally it isn't my cup of tea.

okay a lot of people are pointing out that this is a fad and you're right! everything is a fad lol shaved armpits is a fad ok it hasn't always been a thing! in our society fads are important and not everyone follows them and unless someone is being harmed (and not in a well if i look at you my eyes are being harmed kind of way) like truly harmed - then there is honestly no valid reason for you to be so against what someone else is doing alright people live different lifestyles and it's time to get rid of the backward way of thinking that "everyone should follow my values so they can lead a good life" (which is called conformity) because everyone is different and i understand that some of you are "concerned" with the chemicals in the dye alright well i doubt you're gonna go up to a smoker and list them all the side effects of smoking okay some people like nose rings some people like cardigans and some people like to color their armpit hair they aren't hurting anyone so try not to judge okay and also girls: let's try not to talk down to one another because in the end it's really important that all women respect and support one another--i think it's great that most girls are sticking up for this even without participating-- because we're already fighting another battle as it is and we don't need to be fighting one another too

RyanJ

Honestly whatever makes you happy do it lmao like if you're worried about what others may think then go ahead and play it safe, but you gotta remember to live your life for you and not to please others. Coming from a proud transgender male who chose to live his life happy and become the man he was always supposed to be rather than live to please people who's opinions don't matter.

philitup

The Internet Champion!

So you have to call out a certain group of people just for not agreeing with your opinion? I understand if people were attacking you and saying that you couldn't do what you wanted with your body, but I don't see one person here telling anyone else what to do. If you wanted to start a thread about it you have to be open minded to what other people think. This is a completely opinion based subject that even other women don't agree, so to call others "ignorant" over this matter is, well... Ignorant.

Okay, I would just like to say do whatever you want, it's your body.

But body hair disgusts me. I can barely handle it if a guy has more than five o'clock shadow!

I was raised with three brothers and one sister who went to college by the time I was ten, so I was never really exposed to the whole "well, if you weren't raised that way, it wouldn't be a big deal to you" kinda thing. I wasn't raised around that, I didn't even pay attention to it in the media, I've just always thought body hair was disgusting.

I can handle a little leg and arm hair on a guy, but seriously, that's it. I am all for people wanting to be true to who they are and all, but I for one, even if I'm not a pretty girl, don't want to go around feeling like a sea creature all the time. Just going one day without a clean-shaven surface and I am about ready to blow chunks.

"Armpit" hair and any other kind of hair on a woman besides their head is displeasing to my eyes tbh. And I know that might sound rude, but I honestly don't know how body hair can be attractive. I get that you shouldn't define who and what you are/how you look on societal standards and whether or not a man finds you attractive. I get that. Even not going off of that, to me, it feels gross. And it is about a comfort thing as much as it is a pleasing thing.

I'm not normally a person where appearances matter that much. I prefer to get to know the person, not the way they look. But my brain factors this in as a hygiene thing... And I have obsessive compulsive disorder when it comes to cleanliness... And I just can't handle it.

But I personally think it's gross and shouldn't be a thing. But that's just my opinion, and we are all entitled to our own opinions.

And the fact that people dye it? What even??? Antiperspirant has been linked to breast cancer... I don't even want to know what dying underarm hair could be linked to.

Do what you gotta do, bub, but I'll stick to being nice and hairless<3