Auto boot for being Afk

aliceblue

Why not? If we're not actively playing the game why should we stay connected?
Because there are very good reasons for holding your room open, such as hosting a game or a trading room, or waiting for friends to stop by and find you. Or reading/replying to forum posts while you work on something.

If there's been a problem with players being afk overnight, perhaps a different time limit could be implemented for our own guest rooms? Say, an hour?

I also agree that there should be more time added before being booted out of rooms. I was in line to get into Adventureland Bazaar this morning, and right as it was my turn to enter into the room, a message popped up saying if you're afk for more than 20 seconds you'll be removed. I clicked okay and before I could even enter the room it said I was booted...this happened twice. Has this happened to anybody else?

Because there are very good reasons for holding your room open, such as hosting a game or a trading room, or waiting for friends to stop by and find you. Or reading/replying to forum posts while you work on something.
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this. I don't think it's an issue to move or talk at least every ten minutes if you know that's the time limit.

If there's been a problem with players being afk overnight, perhaps a different time limit could be implemented for our own guest rooms? Say, an hour?
This is a great compromise!

Chanclyn

I also agree that there should be more time added before being booted out of rooms. I was in line to get into Adventureland Bazaar this morning, and right as it was my turn to enter into the room, a message popped up saying if you're afk for more than 20 seconds you'll be removed. I clicked okay and before I could even enter the room it said I was booted...this happened twice. Has this happened to anybody else?
Yes this has just happened to me as I was waiting in my own room to enter the Captain's Quarters....So now i have to try again...

S

Spivey

After the shell game is gone there's going to be no reason to do this because the rooms will only be crowded on certain events, so I honestly don't think the developers should waste their time coding it.

I get booted when I'm in the queue to get into the room!!! Ridiculous! Theres not point of queues if I get kicked out for waiting!!

- - - Updated - - -

Idk if this is happening to everyone or just a few people but it's annoying...

i think it should be made longer. when i joined the queue to get into captains quarter was 17, and once i got to 3 it gave me the 20 second warning and i wasn't able to do anything about it so it kicked me out of line.